Author Topic: Shauna  (Read 319 times)

Capricorn

Shauna
« on: August 03, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »
Somebody please tell me that TIIC are not going to replace Hillary with Shauna in Devon's life.   She's a mouthy piece of thrash so I guess she's Devon's type.   This actress doesn't have even the talent in one of Mishael's little fingernail, I hope this is not what they are going to force on us.   I was hoping that with Hillary gone, this Shauna character would be written out but she seems to be getting more and more entrenched in Devon's life.

Winza

Re: Shauna
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 01:26:49 PM »
I worried about the exact same thing. I cannot stand Shauna.

I also worry that Phyllis is going to suck up all of the story post Hilary. Not something I will look forward to.

Ricky

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »

Ye gods, I hope not!!   I almost croaked when Hilary, gasping with her last breath, said to Devon, "Take care of Shauna.   She needs you.   I guess I'm leaving you a child after all!"   

That comment/request made it sound as though Devon is stuck being the little brat's Diddy for the foreseeable future.

(There's a casting call circulating for a new character, described as being African-American, in her late 20s/early 30s, a real go-getter, ambitious, headstrong, etc who sounds like maybe she's intended to be Hilary 2.0.   I'm assuming that this character will be interacting with Nate or Devon.  Maybe when she appears, she'll kick Shauna to the curb.)       

PatsyB86

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 02:52:01 PM »
I actually do not think the actress is bad--she just does not have appealing looks IMO. And the Shauna character in itself seems very contrived and unnecessary for some reason. Why doesn't she just go back to her family?

LucyLou

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 03:50:08 PM »
This actress is the worst on the show. Itís painful to watch her speak. Sheís a pretty girl, just no acting ability and itís hard to believe she was the best to answer the casting call. Iím still holding out hope that theyíll write her off. Thereís already tension between Nate & Devon so a new lady to throw in this mix would be on par. Iím sure thatís where they were headed with Lily before she quit.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 04:42:40 PM »
It is summer.  Who wouldn't prefer to be in Colorado?

missybug88

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »
The thought of Shauna luring in Devon is ludicrous and disgusting. I think the writers are just toying with us on this one. She is probably still a minor??? I find her to be very whiny with zero sex appeal. (Who can hold a candle to "sex kitten" Hilary?)

Thought it was dumb that Devon said he'd already spoken with her parents and that she could stay with him.

Hopefully Charlie will see through her pretty quickly. He's a good, sensitive kid who deserves better.

Peridot

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 07:36:19 PM »
Shauna is a minor.  I think it's inappropriate for her to be living with a single man who's neither a relative nor her legal guardian.  IMO they need to bring on Shauna's family, even if only for an episode or two.  The character has been with us for months now and she's still kind of a cypher.  If the writers don't flesh her out then they need to ship her back to her parents when the summer is over.  I don't see any long-term future for Shauna with Charlie, Devon, or anyone else right now.

Soaprah

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 08:42:57 PM »
I know it's a soap, but I also know that no 16 year old speaks the way Shauna does. Is she supposed to be Lily's conscience or something? Her lines are totally contrived and unconvincing, and her lack of acting ability doesn't help. She needs to fade away, the sooner the better.

wanda

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 10:00:24 PM »
I agree Peridot. It does not seem appropriate for Shauna to live with Devon.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 07:42:43 AM »
I agree with Peridot.  It is inappropriate for Shauna to be living with Devon.  I think she's going to be lurking like a spider, driving further wedges between Devon and his family.

franniep51

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 12:55:39 PM »
What parents in their right minds would allow their high school daughter to live with a single man Devonís age?  They havenít even met him. And, if said parents can afford to stay in Colorado for this long, why canít they take their daughter with them?  Something there is fishy, always has been with this situation. Is it okay because Devon is so rich? 

Shauna needs to go with her parents.  Bring in a more appropriately aged actor with talent to be with Charlie.

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »
How long will Shauna's brother stay in rehab?   I think he's been there going on 4 months now.    Why would both parents need to be there and not where their supposed teenage daughter is left sponging off an aunt, then Hillary and now Devon.   Why doesn't her "aunt" like her?   Are these parents choosing one child over the other.    One parent could have stayed in Genoa City while the other go to be with the addict... they could surely work out something and see each other on weekends  OR they shouldn't allow a teenager to tell them where she will live, they should have insisted on taking her with them.

Another thing is... are these people rich?    How can they just pick up and leave jobs and life and pay for rehab all at the same time?    I find the whole thing suspicious.    I get a feeling that Shauna has people posing as parents over the phone.    I don't think Hillary ever met her parents and I'm almost sure that Devon hasn't met them either.   Everything is done by phone.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 01:34:57 PM »
How long will Shauna's brother stay in rehab?   I think he's been there going on 4 months now.    Why would both parents need to be there and not where their supposed teenage daughter is left sponging off an aunt, then Hillary and now Devon.   Why doesn't her "aunt" like her?   Are these parents choosing one child over the other.    One parent could have stayed in Genoa City while the other go to be with the addict... they could surely work out something and see each other on weekends  OR they shouldn't allow a teenager to tell them where she will live, they should have insisted on taking her with them.

Another thing is... are these people rich?    How can they just pick up and leave jobs and life and pay for rehab all at the same time?    I find the whole thing suspicious.    I get a feeling that Shauna has people posing as parents over the phone.    I don't think Hillary ever met her parents and I'm almost sure that Devon hasn't met them either.   Everything is done by phone.
Why did he have to go to rehab in Colorado?  There are lots of good rehab facilities in the midwest. 

DianeM

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 02:36:53 PM »
Why did he have to go to rehab in Colorado?  There are lots of good rehab facilities in the midwest.
Because it's close to skiing in the winter and mountain climbing and hiking in the summer?

Capricorn

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »
In that case Shauna's parents are moneyed people who would be enjoying the outdoorsy living in Colorado instead of really looking out for their drug addicted son, while just discarding their daughter in Genoa City, and allowing her to live with strangers... giving permission for her to live with people they never met?   I don't know if that's a viable reason for taking their son to rehab there in Colorado.   Shauna was introduced to us as a downtrodden teen in need of mentoring.    I got the impression that her parents were on the lower income scale.    "Something smells fishy in Denmark."

DianeM

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 04:21:06 PM »
Sorry, I was being facetious. Y&R needs some new writers.

Capricorn

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2018, 05:45:22 PM »
You got me! I thought you were serious.  :)