Author Topic: Blame for hillary's death  (Read 163 times)

Deeterre

Blame for hillary's death
« on: August 02, 2018, 04:35:35 PM »
If Shauna hadn't lured Charlie to the penthouse because she wanted sex, making Charlie lie to lily, she wouldn't have rushed there.  Lily had reason to be upset with Shauna and lily. Then if Shauna had not ran out, no one would have left no car ride, no accident, no death. So I blame her. Cain shouldn't have asked Charlie to not say the truth and have him ask Shauna to also say anything but I still place
Her as being the one that set things in motion resulting in death. Lily was angry and should not have got behind the wheel so she is also responsible. 

Capricorn

Re: Blame for hillary's death
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 05:32:56 PM »
I also think that Shauna is the person who is responsible for starting the entire chain of events that resulted in Hillary's death.   Of course throughout the entire "Hillary's death and departure from Genoa City," Lily and Hillary were cussing each other and although Lily is the one driving and went through the red light... Hillary was being a vicious bitch as usual. 

I'm sorry I can't blame Lily because she took her eyes off the road for a second.  I have taken my eyes off the road while driving, to change radio stations, to adjust the heat or air conditioning, to slip a CD in the slot, even when my kids were small - I took my eyes off the road to look at them through the rear view mirror.   I guess I'm lucky, I've never had an accident ever in my almost 60 years of driving.

I don't know if there is anyone who drives that can say they have never taken their eyes off the road for a second when driving ever and be truthful about it.

Welcome to this Community Deeterre!

I'm going to move this topic to Y&R discussion board because it's not a spoiler.

Ricky

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »

That's the GOOD thing about the storyline (in my opinion) is there's no one to blame completely.

What if SHAUNA had been with her family this summer, instead of mooching off Hilary and Devon?   None of this would've happened.

What if Hilary hadn't invited Shauna to come stay with her and Devon in the penthouse?   None of this would've happened. 

Shauna started the whole business by texting Charlie, "Come pork me, please."   She shouldn't have done that.   But on the other hand, Charlie didn't HAVE to go pork her.  If he hadn't gone, none of this would've happened.   

If Mattie had squealed sooner about Charlie's deception, the afternoon teen-boinking session wouldn't have occurred.   But Mattie stayed silent until Lily dragged the truth out of her. 

Lily didn't HAVE to go racing over there and engage in coitus interuptus.   But she did.   

Shauna didn't HAVE to run away when she was caught in slut-mode by the grown-ups, but she did.   

Hilary didn't HAVE to ride with Lily, but she did.   And if Hilary had climbed in the backseat instead of the front seat, Charlie would be dead instead of Hilary. 

Lily didn't have to scream like a banshee at Hilary while driving, but she did.   And the truck driver didn't HAVE to be in the intersection right at that moment, but he was.  If he'd hit the brakes quicker (even though it was Lily who ran the stop light), there wouldn't have been a collison.   

Nate didn't have to inject himself into the surgery, but he did.  Maybe the scheduled physician would've had better results.   

If Devon hadn't been out of town, maybe he could've handled the situation himself instead of prancing off and leaving everything to Lily and Hilary.    But he had a business meeting.   What if his customer had scheduled their meeting for a different day?   Then none of this would've happened.   

So everyone has a little bit of blame to take, but at the same time, no one is completely responsible.   Just a perfect storm of events.   And that's what makes it a good story  ;)

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »
Well summed up Ricky!  As I said in another topic several days ago Shauna started the domino effect of the series of circumstances that caused Hillary to die.    Shauna is the first domino that Mal Young used to topple all the rest.

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 07:03:23 PM »
Shauna, Charlie, Hilary, Lily--the way I see it, there's plenty of blame to go around.  At least the characters who survived are feeling remorse, as well they should.  The person who gets the biggest Boot in the Behind from me is Cane.  Today he finally had the good grace to mumble that he only wanted to protect his family.  At least that's what I thought he said.  Without the CC on, for all I know he was saying he wanted to dissect his fleur-de-lis.  How long did Mr. Mumbles think the truck driver would wait before telling police the car with the two screeching females in the front seat barreled right through a red light when he had the right of way?  But I agree that Hilary's fatal accident has set in motion plenty of story for the Winters family.  Even in death she's stirring up conflict. 

wanda

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 07:15:19 PM »
.  Even in death she's stirring up conflict.

Yep. In the final scene today while Lily stood in Devon's penthouse with Hilary's portrait in the foreground, it looked as though the portrait were smirking. Glad to be able to cause misery for Lily even after her death. It was ss if Hilary got the last laugh. Great scene.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:50:12 PM by wanda »

jinx

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 09:17:50 PM »
Well said, wanda. That's exactly what I thought.