Author Topic: Any theories on what Cane might have said to Shauna today?  (Read 586 times)

SANDY B

Any theories on what Cane might have said to Shauna today?
« on: July 31, 2018, 09:24:57 PM »
He was mumbling for a bit.  Interested in what Ricky's take might be.

DebR

Re: Any theories on what Cane might have said to Shauna today?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:31:22 PM »
He told Shauna to keep the fact that Lily ran a red light between them.  Not to say anything to the cops and not Lily.  Basically to lie, he was quite intimidating to a young girl. (Even though I donít like her).

Winza

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:51:46 PM »
Something about bringing the sporks, wasnít it, Ricky?

katiesbeach

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 08:49:06 AM »
Have to remember that this is a man who had no problem pretending to be dead and gas-lighting his own wife.....  I hate Cane

TOUREIFFEL

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »
I can't even watch him anymore, he's so slimy and smarmy.  The whispering, running his hands over his face, being so possessive and controlling of Lily, he's become unwatchable to me. Don't like the Shauna actress either, so I didn't even bother to watch that scene. 

Soaprah

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 10:29:30 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he did this to Shauna too, but Cane keeps clamping his hands on Charlie's shoulders as he warns him not to tell the truth about the crash. He probably thinks this gesture is conveying concern, but it is actually very controlling, physically and mentally. JT used this same controlling technique with Victoria. What's next with Cane-- shaking Charlie? I want to slap Cane's hands away from his son every time I see this dominating move.   

wanda

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »
I agree with everyone about Cane. I can't stand him at all anymore.

PatsyB86

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 11:38:55 AM »
How ridiculous is this whole element of the story-it was an accident.  Shouldn't the truck driver have seen Lily run the light and have reported it to the police already?  Should have but probably did not  :-\

Capricorn

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »
The storyline is at a point where it's accident, cry, sad, mourn Hillary's death, services, funeral.  The fact that Lily ran a red light, police and legal matters will come next.

LeannaLove

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 12:29:54 PM »
Cane is, was and always will be a compulsive liar.  Way to teach your children about honesty and responsibility, encouraging them to lie as well.  I understand he's "trying to protect" Lily but isn't that always his excuse for lying?  This guy never learns.  I can't stand him anymore.

franniep51

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 04:13:57 PM »
I also am concerned for the poor truck driver who will have this blame on his record and conscience.  Even if he says she ran the redlight and he couldnít stop this is GCwhere fairness isnít always there.  Then there is Clueless Paul to contend with. 

Peridot

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 06:51:19 PM »
I missed what Cane said (again) but this time I'm counting my blessings.  Every time Shauna or Charlie mentions that red light Mr. Mumbles goes all Godfather, warning them not to say anything because it'll cause problems for the family, blah, blah, blah.  I nearly cheered when Shauna finally came out with it, so tired of seeing MM bully a teenage girl.  Not that I wish bad things for Lily, but I loved seeing the sour look on Cane's face.  You can just bet if the situation were reversed, and Hilary had run a red light causing Lily's fatal accident, Cane would be mumbling his outrage till the cows come home.  Please, writers, find a way to deport this fool.

Billie

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 08:40:37 PM »
Cane is, was and always will be a compulsive liar.  Way to teach your children about honesty and responsibility, encouraging them to lie as well.  I understand he's "trying to protect" Lily but isn't that always his excuse for lying?  This guy never learns.  I can't stand him anymore.
I posted this earlier.  Terrible role model encouraging his kid to lie.  I don't care if it's to protect the family, he should encourage him to tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may.  And I agree with Soaprah about his hand clamping.  I literally can't name one person I know who does that.  It is controlling and obnoxious.  Writers, let him loose!

maxie

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 12:15:23 AM »
I have disliked Cane from Day One, and was thrilled when it seemed Lily was through with him a few months ago.  But no, the slimeball oozed his way back into her heart.  I think we are stuck with this guy but for heaven's sake somebody MAKE him stop mumbling.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 08:12:53 AM »
Cane thinking he could have kept this secret is just stupid.  The police would be interviewing all the witnesses, including the truck driver, Shauna and Charlie and there is a good likelihood that the intersection had a traffic camera that would have recorded the incident.  Lily was a distracted driver.  She and Hilary were fighting in the car while she was driving and her eyes weren't on the road.

deirdra

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
And there are likely other witnesses who did not know anyone in the truck or car and are unbiased.  In addition to traffic cameras, many vehicles have dashcams and very precise GPS positioning devices.

Ricky

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 05:12:04 PM »

Shauna said, "I told Charlie I saw the accident from the side of the road, and I've kept my mouth shut for his sake, not for Lily's!"

Cane pursed his lips, blew her a kiss, and whispered, "F-ck, but I've been sneezing; I mean it!   Obie-Wan Kenobe saw the night light!  Sorry about the snot, but I love Billy!  Did you understand that?"    (Close captions:  "Fine, but you need to keep this between us.  No one can know about the red light.   Not the cops, and not Lily.  Do you understand this?")

Shauna snarked, "Like she doesn't already know about it!"

Cane blew her another pursed kiss and whispered, "Okey-dokey, it's snowing outside, and we don't need another quilt dropped on her!"  (Close caption:  "No, she doesn't already know about it.   And I don't need any more guilt dropped on her.")

Shauna plumped-up her lips and said, "All you adults ever talk about is how important it is to tell the truth."

He angrily snapped, "This is not about okra, roommate!   I've got a toupee' here for you."   (Close caption:  "This is not up for debate.   I'm not going to debate this with you.") 

Chuckles

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 07:00:01 PM »
Thanks for asking.  I was watching with a friend and neither one of us could understand Cane's mumbling in spite of backing it up 3 times to hear it again.  And this guy is an actor?  Isn't getting the words across clearly the most important thing about acting?

SANDY B

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 09:35:53 PM »

Shauna said, "I told Charlie I saw the accident from the side of the road, and I've kept my mouth shut for his sake, not for Lily's!"

Cane pursed his lips, blew her a kiss, and whispered, "F-ck, but I've been sneezing; I mean it!   Obie-Wan Kenobe saw the night light!  Sorry about the snot, but I love Billy!  Did you understand that?"    (Close captions:  "Fine, but you need to keep this between us.  No one can know about the red light.   Not the cops, and not Lily.  Do you understand this?")

Shauna snarked, "Like she doesn't already know about it!"

Cane blew her another pursed kiss and whispered, "Okey-dokey, it's snowing outside, and we don't need another quilt dropped on her!"  (Close caption:  "No, she doesn't already know about it.   And I don't need any more guilt dropped on her.")

Shauna plumped-up her lips and said, "All you adults ever talk about is how important it is to tell the truth."

He angrily snapped, "This is not about okra, roommate!   I've got a toupee' here for you."   (Close caption:  "This is not up for debate.   I'm not going to debate this with you.")
OMG Ricky,  This made me laugh my ass off. Thank you!

LeannaLove

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 10:16:24 PM »
Okra and toupees and Obie-Wan Kenobe.  Ricky, you are fantastic. 

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!

Kramer

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 11:21:12 PM »
Love your posts Ricky, 😂😂

SANDY B

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 12:41:14 AM »
They ought to cast D.G's voice for one of the Star Wars creatures. 

Claudia

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 02:49:30 AM »
I've never really had problems understanding Cane.   Maybe my Wisconsin accent is similar to his or something like that. ;D   Ricky had me laughing so hard I had tears running down my cheeks.  Thanks, I needed that.

SudzBearCat

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2018, 12:01:23 PM »
Have to remember that this is a man who had no problem pretending to be dead and gas-lighting his own wife.....  I hate Cane

In the words of Lily: "Awwwwwwwwwww, think yewwwwww".   

They deserve each other.

Capricorn

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2018, 12:42:46 PM »
I've never really had problems understanding Cane.   Maybe my Wisconsin accent is similar to his or something like that. ;D   Ricky had me laughing so hard I had tears running down my cheeks.  Thanks, I needed that.

Me either,  I understand him most of the time but there have been times when I don't have a clue what he's saying... those times are when he's whispering.

I don't understand Victor most of the time but understand him when he shouts one of a dozen phrases that he uses too often.

bren

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2018, 11:17:51 PM »
I mostly FF through scenes with Cane anyway.  :P

Peaceinthevalley

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 07:32:55 AM »
Yes Cane is FF material not only because of his incessant mumbling but he just ins't enjoyable to watch in any way. Ricky, your post made my morning, lol. 

Maple Leaf

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 04:26:51 PM »
Ricky - you are gold!

I speak two languages, have an ear for music and am pretty good at reading lips.  I can't understand Cane and can only understand Victor when Jupiter is aligned with Mars.  Cane needs diction lesson and Victor needs to just go away.

T