Author Topic: **Interview with Joshua Morrow / Nick Newman**  (Read 193 times)

Capricorn

**Interview with Joshua Morrow / Nick Newman**
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:30:26 PM »
https://michaelfairmantv.com/yrs-joshua-morrow-talks-the-dark-side-of-nick-that-sexcapade-with-phyllis/2018/07/24/

This is a long interview and when it's done I realize that Joshua Morrow is coming up to his 25th anniversary on Y&R and intended to leave the show.  I seems that Mal Young created this storyline - from JT returning to Genoa City right through to "Dark Horse"  to keep Joshua Morrow on Y&R.   It seems that Mal Young was ok with putting Victoria through domestic abuse without allowing Victoria get her legal rewards and allowing both Victoria and Nikki to continue enduring Victor's mental abuse and manipulations as well as being Victor's doormats... in order to elevate Nick to be a viable protagonist for Victor.

I'm all for Nick being able to one up Victor but I would have liked for JT to have been punished but alive and jailed.   I would have preferred if Victoria and Nikki had walked away from Victor and joined Nick instead of being left to the same old, same old with Victor using and abusing them.  The old guy needs to retire... every time he's on screen my hour of pleasure sours like rancid milk.

wanda

Re: **Interview with Joshua Morrow / Nick Newman**
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 04:35:16 PM »
Wow! That was long. It's so obvious how much Nick loves working with the children and how much they love him. That is why the scenes with Nick and children are always so natural.

pcrchik

Re: **Interview with Joshua Morrow / Nick Newman**
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 04:51:45 PM »
it would have been really nice to see the ladies or even more specifically vicki, really take control in the abuse story line and for us to see JT have to answer for his abusive behavior, more rewarding i think. 

for nicki and vicki to move on and work with nick would have been a great move, victor ignored and left on the side of the road by the same family he's been trying (and failing) to protect for decades.  poetic.