Author Topic: ~Fashion Hospital Wedding Day~  (Read 303 times)

Capricorn

~Fashion Hospital Wedding Day~
« on: July 28, 2018, 01:50:56 PM »

Hillary's dream sequence wedding dress

Hillary's headpiece and earrings - deathbed accessories.

Nikki & Lauren were not at the wedding but wore these dresses on the same day.  Lauren's dress was way too tight.   I don't think Nikki stood up so I don't know how the dress fit, however the dress colour and the necklace she wore looked good on her.

Soaprah

Re: ~Fashion Hospital Wedding Day~
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 03:36:00 PM »
Maybe Lily felt so bad about the way she'd treated Hilary that she didn't have time to shop-- and raided her grandma's closet. The style and fabric are so unflattering. Didn't have time to have her hair done either, so swept it up around a donut ring. Definitely one of Lily's worst looks, and rivals that trench dress with the striped shirt underneath.

If Phyllis is going to wear a droopy-bosomed gown, she should at least compensate with a support bra-- or a bra, period.

Mattie looked adorable.

I had to smile at Hilary's dream sequence gown-- baring one shoulder, right to the end. I will say I liked the simplicity of the gown. It was designed by Oleg Cassini. I preferred Hilary's death bed wedding gown. She looked beautiful.

If Mariah stitches up the arm seams of her dress, she might be able to get some wear out of it once this ridiculous trend goes out of fashion.

Goldilocks

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 09:08:55 PM »
I actually prefer the elegant simplicity of Hilary's dream sequence wedding gown. Her hospital wedding dress was too overloaded in lace for me.

wanda

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 10:45:29 PM »
I love Hilary's dream sequence dress. Classic and elegant.

Phyllis's dress is ok. Did she have hers shortened. I don't remember it being a long gown.

I love the color of Lily's dress.

I like Mattie's dress. Especially the color.

I like the soft floral print of Marian's dress. The style isn't bad except for the sleeves. It would have been better sleeveless.

Shauna's dress is ok.

I like Hilary's earrings and head piece.

I like the color and style of Nikki's dress.

Lauren's may be ok if it were a size or 2 larger.

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 09:38:02 AM »
I like Hilary's dream wedding gown better than the one she wore in the hospital.  The hair clip and earrings are pretty but I can't imagine a person who's dying wanting to be loaded down with all that jazz.

Phyllis's purple dress and Lily's rose dress are okay, but maybe not the most flattering things they've ever worn.

Mattie's and Mariah's dresses are pretty on their own but I don't think either one of them is really a ruffle-y kind of gal.

Shauna's dress is sweet and age appropriate.

I like Nikki's purple dress but IMO it would look better without the clunky necklace.  I also like Lauren's aqua dress.  She should've worn her hair up to better show off her shoulders.

Twokeets

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 03:49:12 PM »
I don't really care for the Shauna character, but she looked fantastic in that pretty dress with the sparkles.

missybug88

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 07:10:31 AM »
I thought Hillary looked very pretty in her wedding dress. Also liked the tastefulness of the hair piece.

Loved the simplicity of the "dream sequence" wedding dress.

Mattie always so cute. I love her.

The cut and the color of Phyllis' dress does her no favors. Agree with Soaprah that a bra was definitely in order.

Shauna's dress cute, but a bit childlike for her character IMO.

I actually liked Lily's vintage looking dress. At least she wasn't dressed like a teenager. About time.

Mariah looks nice, but what's up with the horrid arm slits? So strange. I would stitch them right up!

How can Lauren even breath? One doesn't have to wear such tight or revealing clothing to look attractive/sexy.

Nicki looks so much better in jewel tones that pastels.

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 10:54:16 AM »
Although Hillary's dream sequence wedding was pretty, sweet and simple, I thought it was not her style.  It was too pure and virginal looking for Hillary.   She was a badass bitch who wears sexy, form fitting clothes.   A sexy fitted wedding dress would have been better n the dream sequence.

jinx

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 02:26:57 PM »
Hilary's dream dress was lovely as well as the jewelry she wore with the lace dress. The lace dress was a bit much for me but she did look lovely for as sick as she was.
I don't like the style of Phyllis's dress and the color washes her out.

Lily looks good in the color and I like the A-line of the dress. I don't know if it's the sleeve or the deep v-neck but I don't like the top.

Mattie looks cute.

I don't like Mariah's dress. It's just not her style.
Shauna's dress is just kind of blah, color and style.
Nikki's dress is okay but the sleeves look too skimpy and it pulls under the arms. A bigger size might help.
Lauren would look good if the dress fit like it does on the model. She looks like a hoochie mama.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 08:22:32 PM »
I agree that Lily's dress looked like something from the 70's, and not in a good way.  I couldn't take my eyes off Lauren.  That dress was so tight you could see the outline of her shapewear.  Not a good look.   Everyone else looked okay to me.

Billie

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 08:51:48 AM »
Would have loved Lauren's dress if it wasn't so tight.  What if she had to yawn?
Maddie looked cute in her dress.  I don't remember Nikki in her dress but it looks nice in the photos. 
I prefer Hilary's dream sequence dress to the real wedding dress.
The others are meh.