Author Topic: No one is a better choice to run NE real estate division than Nikki....  (Read 225 times)

stpauliegirl

and Abby is a PR/Advertising expert.  I know people who worked in commercial real estate.  They had MBA's.  Nikki has dabbled with Nick in renovating an apartment building.  I don't think she actually involved herself in the real estate transaction.  Of course the only reason Victor offered it to her was to pit her against Nick and his new business, Dark Horse.  Nikki was smart enough to realize that, but time will tell whether she is willing to go after Nick - her being a real estate expert and all....

When did Abby become an Advertising expert?  She wasn't involved with advertising when she worked at NE.  She may have worked with it when she worked at Jabot years ago, but that hardly makes her an expert.

Goldilocks

Nobody is an expert in anything yet they flit from one job to the next so often it makes my head spin. In Genoa City it is definitely who you know, not what you know.

katiesbeach

Abby spent a lot of time marketing herself as the Naked Heiress.

Peridot

Nikki had it right when she asked Victor how much her position was about her qualifications and how much was about sticking it to Nick.  Nikki heading up Real Estate for Newman Enterprises is laughable.  There's a big divide between spearheading charity events and dabbling in apartment renovations and running a division for a global conglomerate.  Abby heading up PR/Advertising is a lot more believable.  Abby at least has marketing experience and has toiled for both Newman and Jabot in various capacities for years now.  TPTB don't do the cause of women in the workplace any favors by portraying them as "corporate cuties" who get shoehorned into top positions with only minimal qualifications.

LeannaLove

My favorite was some years back when Nikki ran for state senate.   :) :D ;D

maxie

That was when she had that great short haircut.  My all time favorite, which she promptly grew back into her usual, less flattering style.

Chuckles

That was when she had that great short haircut.  My all time favorite, which she promptly grew back into her usual, less flattering style.

I remember she looked so dignified with her haircut and the suits she wore.  That didn't last long.