Author Topic: Well, today's episode was a real tear jerker.  (Read 279 times)

SANDY B

Well, today's episode was a real tear jerker.
« on: July 25, 2018, 03:08:53 PM »
I think the three most riveting emotional episodes that have been on in the recent past is this one, the one that Victoria was talking about the abuse during the girls night party and the episode where Dylan walked away on his last day on the show. I never really cared for Hilary, but this entire thing has been emotional.  I wish the writers would have taken another path and recast the part. Lots of good people needing work.

katiesbeach

Re: Well, today's episode was a real tear jerker.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 03:18:23 PM »
I didn't tear up until the scene where Phyllis told Hilary the truth about her dying, and told her to fight.  That was a really well-done scene, although it would have been better if Hilary & Phyllis had been BFFs for longer than a year or so.

SANDY B

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 03:24:57 PM »
I didn't tear up until the scene where Phyllis told Hilary the truth about her dying, and told her to fight.  That was a really well-done scene, although it would have been better if Hilary & Phyllis had been BFFs for longer than a year or so.
I kind of agree with you (regarding length of friendship).  But yet, they have been there for each other for a long enough time that they at least have a bit of history. Hilary was made into such a treacherous character that it would be hard for anyone to get close to her.
Another thing, woman pals, best friends don't seem to be a strong criteria on a soap.  Everyone is cheating with everyone else and so its hard to find a pal of the same sex that hasn't slept with your spouse or lover.

Soaprah

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 06:18:38 PM »
I agree with your choices of the three most emotional scenes, Sandy B, and I would add-- Victor taking Christian from Nick.
Mishael Morgan is doing a bang-up (sorry....) job the last few days. The makeup is very convincing too.

LucyLou

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 06:31:30 PM »
I agree with your choices of the three most emotional scenes, Sandy B, and I would add-- Victor taking Christian from Nick.
Mishael Morgan is doing a bang-up (sorry....) job the last few days. The makeup is very convincing too.

I second you on the heartbreaking scene with Victor taking Christian. It made me sick to my stomach and cry all at the same time.

carousel58

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 11:27:10 AM »
Yesterday's episode was sad, but it "didn't get to me", like other sad scenes. I do agree Victor taking Christian was heartbreaking, but on my list, I'd like to also add John Abbott's death and Cassie's death as well.

Soaprah

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 11:30:01 AM »
Delia's death was very sad.

carousel58

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »
Yes, I forgot all about Delia. I cried a lot of tears that day. She was so sweet

monkeymome3

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 06:03:28 PM »
Cassie was the first real tear jerker for me, Deliah was next and today was sad.  Very sad.  I'm glad it's over now so we can move on.