Author Topic: ~Weekend Fashion July 14th~  (Read 262 times)

Capricorn

~Weekend Fashion July 14th~
« on: July 14, 2018, 12:37:23 PM »

I like this dress on Mariah except for the puff sleeves... I think it would look better without the gathered, piped band on the sleeve.

Navy looks good on Mariah

Flamenco anyone!

Whatever this is, I don't like it.

Not a good look on Lily, grey does nothing for her plus this dress looks better on a woman with smaller breasts like the model.

Thank goodness Victoria had the sense to wear a solid black skirt.

Sloppy looking outfit.  Why couldn't Nikki have worn a black camisole like the model instead that cumbersome white blouse with the long tie hanging down the front and adding bulk to the look?

Very nice look on Ashley.

Just  ::) ::)  to the one sleeve blouse.  It would have looked so good sleeveless or with two sleeves.  Who are these designers who think up these styles?

As usual all I can say is it's Tessa.

Billie

Re: ~Weekend Fashion July 14th~
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 01:42:09 PM »
My favorite is Lily's gray dress.  I also like Mariah's navy dress and Ashley's red dress.  Shockingly, all of Hilary's outfits looked dreadful (normally she is well dressed).  No words on whatever Tessa has on. 

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 02:11:57 PM »
Hilary's "flamenco" skirt looks like it's hem got caught in her undies during her last visit to the ladies room.  And she looks like an alien in that closeup with eyebrows drawn on above her natural brow line (the thicker skin of her powdered natural brows can be seen below her painted-on thin brows).

Soaprah

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 02:30:59 PM »
When I saw Hilary's outfit, I thought, "Where are her castanets?" The only thing I liked were the earrings, which I didn't even notice at the time, distracted by all the busy-ness of the blouse and skirt. If you must wear a skirt like that, choose a simple top the way the model did. I had to laugh when Hilary literally flounced over to Nate to chew him out for wrecking her show. Who could take a person seriously when she's in a get-up like that?

I like Mariah's navy dress but wish it were longer. A v-neck suits her. She's been wearing her hair in a more flattering straight style these days, but it still needs to be cut.

Ashley looks elegant and sophisticated in her suit. When she leaves, we will lose one of the best-dressed women on the show.

Victoria's polka dot blouse looked fine-- until she turned around. I paused the picture but never did figure out what was going on back there.... was the top backless and ruffled at the edges? And was she wearing a white camisole?

I hope that Melody Scott Thomas will someday realize that bulky fabrics add-- bulk.

As for Phyllis, how many fake clams had to die to make her pearly sweater and matching earrings?

As for Tessa-- just no. That outfit looks so darned uncomfortable.

DianeM

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 02:45:37 PM »
I didn't see Victoria's blouse from the back, but I liked what I saw and the black skirt.

Nikki's short jacket looked very warm for summer.

Ashley's red dress was great.

I liked all the jewelry except Lily's three danglers.  One dangling crest would have been enough.

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 03:47:23 PM »

Apparently Victoria's blouse was designed with the back missing some fabric, so I imagine she wore a white camisole underneath to cover her back.   What a strange design by someone named Robert Rodriguez.

Goldilocks

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 05:12:43 PM »
Ashley's red dress was the best in my opinion, smart and sophisticated.

Peridot

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »
I like Mariah's white eyelet dress.  Summery and pretty.  The navy blue thing, not so much.  It looks like Mariah is wearing a tunic top and forgot her pants.

Hilary appears to be suffering from Ruffle Overload.  IMO that skirt would look better with a plain white tank top, or the white blouse paired with slim black pants, but the skirt and blouse together is too much.  I love Hilary's earrings.  In fact, all the earrings featured here are very nice.

Not crazy about Lily's gray dress.  Lily, like Sharon, appears to be raiding her daughter's closet these days.  Lily needn't look matronly but she's old enough now to start wearing things more age appropriate.

Nikki's white jacket just looks ratty, no other word for it.  That trim, whatever it is--not attractive.

I love Phyllis's floaty black and white ensemble.  I'd like it even better if she wore either two sleeves or none.

Tessa's red vest would look better without all the chains.  I imagine her catching those things on something every time she bends over.  The too-tight white blouse with one poor cold shoulder does her no favors.

LucyLou

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 01:44:38 PM »
Ashley looks the best. I really like Mariahís navy romper. The color is great on her, but it still looks better on the model.

I donít care for anything else I see.

Twokeets

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 01:29:40 PM »
Victoria's backless dress reminded me of a Three Stooges episode where the boys are working in a dry cleaners and mess up a guy's suit coat so that it's all shredded in the back. Even my husband said, "Three Stooges!" when he saw it.