Author Topic: STEPHEN NICHOLS ADDRESSES DAYS EXIT  (Read 100 times)

Capricorn

STEPHEN NICHOLS ADDRESSES DAYS EXIT
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:21:06 AM »
Stephen Nichols, whose exit from DAYS is covered in the new issue of Digest, took to social media to address his departure. For me, Days of Our Lives is home and I want to be there I love the people, I love Steven Earl Johnson and I love what Mary Beth [Evans, Kayla] and I have been able to create together, he posted on Instagram. I was excited to see what this new team would bring for us and for all of Salem. Ive been in this business long enough to understand the rotation of stories, and I get that we cant always be at the forefront. And despite my disappointment in the lack of story this past year, Ive always worked hard and weve always tried to find the moments in whatever weve been given. I think we did that. Whenever I see a scene or montage you guys post, I am so touched and I remember just how much story we told for so many years and how rich it was. Im so grateful for that. And I know that there are still years of Steve and Kaylas story left to be told. I hope we get to tell that story. Your unwavering support tells me you hope that too. Thank you and much love, Stephen

Capricorn

Re: STEPHEN NICHOLS ADDRESSES DAYS EXIT
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
The problem with all the existing Soap Operas is that they are all dying because they won't let go of the older characters and bring new faces and new life to the shows.   A lot of older viewers are dying, some not in good health and others just fed up with watching the same characters repeat the same old storylines.

They want young viewers but young viewers don't want to watch a bunch of ancient characters.    Us older viewers don't want to watch them either.   I give these four remaining Soaps another five years maximum.

The actors seem to recognize that it's time to go before their shows get cancelled.

Money Honey

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 12:54:31 PM »
I'm glad Steve decided to stay with the show, and when he gets his sight back, will have
more action.  I agree with what you are saying about bringing on fresh young new, and
old faces, but the kids can ruin a show.  Take B&B for a very good example, they hired a
few young people to add to what they have on the show already, but for days, on into
months they gave them the exact same lines with a few more words added, to repeat
daily. 

They don't know how to write for these young people, just stick them in bed, and they
think they have a good show.  I feel for the kids who are out of school for the summer
with a few hours of nothing to do, maybe watching this trash.  We, the seasoned ones,
just keep watching, and yelling at the TV, trying to convince ourselves it will get better.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 01:31:40 PM »
Not kids.  I'm talking about adults 30 - 45.   All Soaps need new characters in that age group on front burner with their families in the background.

Money Honey

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »
Capricorn, I believe these young people I'm talking about are about that age, or maybe,
a few years less.  That word 'kids' was a slip, but that is what they have them acting like
on the show.  When they talk to the older players, they are getting bad advice, and being
talked down to, letting them know that they are 'kids'.  It is the writer's fault for writing
them into a corner.