Author Topic: Myra - where did that come from?  (Read 145 times)

katiesbeach

Myra - where did that come from?
« on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:35 PM »
First of all, Myron...um Myra, where was your empathy for Emma?  This is someone who should be giving the benefit out of the doubt to anyone, considering how she hated how she was misjudged.  And why does she think she has the right to even talk to employees like that?  And why in the hell was she throwing her weight around in Hope's space?  I thought it was a little snarky when Hope told her that she should stay in her own lane (that would be a big no-no to say something like that in my work world), but Myra WAS overstepping.  A good leader doesn't just make knee-jerk reactions like that - and she should have consulted with Hope first.

I just thought she was throwing an awful lot of weight around, while making wild assumptions  - and would have thought that she would remember how that felt.

scobe

Re: Myra - where did that come from?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 10:04:26 PM »
I agree.  She made a lot of assumptions, had no proof and unilaterally acted upon those assumptions in a very nasty manner.  She definitely overstepped.   I donít know what rights an intern would have or what the dismissal laws are like in California but firing someone based on unproven assumptions could open the door for a lawsuit I would imagine. 

As for Hope, she wasnít very professional either.  She should have cleared the room and discussed the situation separately with Mya and then Emma.  After an informed decision was made then she could have taken whatever course of action she wanted to pursue.  One thing is for sure, Hope certainly offended Mya.  I wonder how that will come into play down the line.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:05:24 PM by scobe »

Money Honey

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 10:32:09 PM »
I agree with you about Maya's new found power at Forrester, but she is burning mad
because Emma kept a secret of who she is.  It would have been worse if she hadn't
given her real last name.  Plus, Maya's hate for Justin goes way back, when he was
against Maya.  I forget the story, but it was bad enough, that she hates him, and
don't trust anybody who shares his blood.  I think, he was involved with her parents
death too. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:38:27 PM by Money Honey »

brynandmaddie

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »
Gave me a flashback of how nasty she was when Rick was on his powertrip and they weren't married yet. While I don't disagree with Maya's suspicions, she had no right to speak how she did or to even fire Emma. I definitely think Emma is up to something though.