Author Topic: Ratings Decline  (Read 140 times)

AyeMada

Ratings Decline
« on: May 30, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »

General Hospital Ratings Decline Are Current Storylines With Nelle To Blame?

https://tinyurl.com/y7maprbt

katiesbeach

Re: Ratings Decline
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »
I would blame it on Nelle in a heartbeat, because I hate her.  But, I also think the constant re-writing of history and who is related to who (Franco/Jason/Drew) is a cheap worn out plot.  I also don't like how they made room for the old Jason.  Sam had a child with Drew -who we thought was Jason so we were happy for her.  They ripped that away from us.  Also, they beat stories to death.  I tune out for several weeks and come back and Julian and Alexis are still not resolved, Anna and Finn? Snore.  Ava and Griffin  - wrong.  The only story I liked was Maxie and Nathan, so when they killed him off, I pretty much stopped watching....just catching up in the magazines and on this board.

Winza

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 05:33:06 PM »
Interesting that they point the finger at the Nelle storyline.  I'm so ready for it to be over.  And I do fear that she is somehow behind the jerking around of expectant adoptive parents Lucas and Brad.  If they have her steal Maxie's baby for them or give them Michael's baby through yet another twisted plot to make him feel sorry for her, they may lose a lot of viewers.  Which is sad, as they have so many other great actors and good stories.

katiesbeach

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 06:03:47 PM »
I remember reading that 'The Powers That Be' were so impressed with her when she played Luke's sister Pat in the flashback storyline that they insisted on writing a part for her and put her on contract.  This is what happens when there is a teacher's pet.  See it at work all the time too.

NOONE wants a newbie shoved down our throats when we are wanting to see our favorites.  Or do a SHORT story arc.  this is old and boring