Author Topic: Here we go again with the Waffle King  (Read 132 times)

Jonathan

Here we go again with the Waffle King
« on: May 28, 2018, 01:52:20 PM »
What will Liam do?  He barely has time to look like a deer caught in the headlights before he has to make a decision. 

SANDY B

Re: Here we go again with the Waffle King
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »
Well, he will choose that trashy Steffy.  Hope always loses.  Amazing that Liam would hang with trash that screws his father as opposed to Hope who has always been loyal.

Jonathan

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »
I have a different view on Hope.  I always think of her as thinking of herself as being above everyone and the mere mortals around her will never live up to her lofty expectations.  Liam basically gets kidnapped by Amber and she is more interested in the fact that he did not make it to her big event and let her down, he's five minutes late in Paris and she marries his brother, and one time when she is with him (think they were married then but not sure) he lets her down in the bedroom.  I also thought she was pretty horrible to Wyatt as well when they were married.  At least with Steffy Liam normally can laugh and enjoy himself, as opposed to the Pristine Princess of Perfection.  Any sensible woman should have realized marrying Liam so quickly was a stupid thing to do.  When Steffy did the same thing he still was not over Hope and that one was doomed.  I don't mind seeing Hope pay the price for accepting that proposal so quickly. 

katiesbeach

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:36:17 PM »
I have a different view on Hope.  I always think of her as thinking of herself as being above everyone and the mere mortals around her will never live up to her lofty expectations.  Liam basically gets kidnapped by Amber and she is more interested in the fact that he did not make it to her big event and let her down, he's five minutes late in Paris and she marries his brother, and one time when she is with him (think they were married then but not sure) he lets her down in the bedroom.  I also thought she was pretty horrible to Wyatt as well when they were married.  At least with Steffy Liam normally can laugh and enjoy himself, as opposed to the Pristine Princess of Perfection.  Any sensible woman should have realized marrying Liam so quickly was a stupid thing to do.  When Steffy did the same thing he still was not over Hope and that one was doomed.  I don't mind seeing Hope pay the price for accepting that proposal so quickly.
I agree with everything you said, and there IS the most important thing....he is having a child with Steffy.  Although, I don't think that there is ever the chance of Hope sleeping with Bill.  He just has to pick which of these things is easier to live with.  If Hope were as selfless as everyone touts her to be, she would step aside and give Liam the opportunity to be a family unit.  I guess she doesn't place huge importance on that since she only has her own screwed up family life to compare it to.

Jonathan

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »
Which reminds me, what kind of mother wants her daughter to marry a man who has a pregnant wife that he just divorced a few days ago??? Oh, of course, we are talking about Brooke here.   Another thing, I pretty much only like Liam when he is with Steffy, I always feel he is more himself with her.  Also, bear in mind, that when he thought he had shot Bill who was it that immediately knew he could never do such a thing, and who was it that thought he did it and was going along with his line of thought on that without really questioning it much?   I think, when it comes down to it, that Steffy is the one that truly knows and loves Liam, and is not just in love with the idea of this perfect Liam that does not exist.  I don't think Hope will ever be happy with any man she is with, until she can face reality that no man is perfect and she will, at times, be disappointed--and will need to get over it.  I think Wyatt was her best bet, but for her he was just a stand in. 

Hope is probably my least favorite character ever on here though, so I probably will never be unbiased where she is concerned.  Maya/Myra gave her a run for her money for awhile, but I actually do not detest her anymore--and actually liked her scenes at the nonwedding.  Never thought that day would come. 

katiesbeach

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 07:28:16 PM »
I think that it is awful that they let Steffy 'go there' with Bill.  Something she would have never done in her right mind.  And Steffy is a strong woman.  It's extremely hard for me to believe that she would allow herself to sleep with her own father-in-law just because her husband kissed another woman. 

Jonathan

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:08 PM »
I agree too, this was something that was really out of character for her.  I know the Steffy nonfans would disagree, but for me this was one of those huge character mistakes that was plot driven and not character driven---I hate plot driven story line.  The thing is that it has shown her Bill in an entirely new light, and I don't think she will ever push Liam to try to have a relationship with him ever again.  His emotional blackmail of her and his lack of understanding that you can't force someone to love you has been pretty horrible. 

Twokeets

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 05:13:56 PM »
Steffy was going over to Bill's house every single day for months, it seemed, to offer her support or whatever. That already looks like some kind of emotional affair to me. I can't imagine hanging out with my husband's dad every day. Yikes.