Author Topic: Weekend Fashion May 25th  (Read 436 times)

Capricorn

Weekend Fashion May 25th
« on: May 25, 2018, 11:49:52 PM »

Imagination Dina

The tie/hanging part ruins the look of this blouse.

Mariah looked a lot better on TV in this dress than she does in the picture.

Just NO!

WHAT THE HELL!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:52:12 PM by Capricorn »

deirdra

Re: Weekend Fashion May 25th
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:50:02 AM »
I remember Victoria wearing that red and black Japanese-inspired blouse when Cane & Juliet were at B&S and still think it is a fugly, odd choice for her to wear.

Worn on TV should have used Pee Wee Herman to model Kyle's suits.

Goldilocks

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 12:11:12 PM »
Mariah should wear dresses that are just above the knee. When she wears very short skirts it only accentuates her thighs. On the other hand, Lily can wear really short skirts well but as the mother of twin teens they seem to dress her too little girly for my taste. I recently purchased a DKNY shirt which is similar to Mattie's but mine is denim blue. However I am old enough to be her granny! But I do try to dress younger than my actual age.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 01:46:33 PM »
I think we have seen Lily's blue dress with the slits before, and also Hilary's grey cold shoulder top. I do like that they rewear stuff sometimes. Also Victoria's red blouse, Sharon's black and white plaid blouse and Nikki's dark blue dress. I would have sworn that I've seen Ashley's polkadot top before, but Worn On TV doesn't have a previous date for it.  EDITED: I just scrolled through Ashley's section on WornOnTV and yes she wore that blouse last year.

See Gloria's face? I imagine that's her reaction when she saw most of the other clothes on this page.

I do not like the cold shoulders on Phyllis' jacket. It's already busy enough with the design on the sleeves. Do designers not understand the concept of focal point anymore?

I kind of like Ashley's polkadot halter top, but it's a strange colour. I like Mariah's polkadot dress but I think on her it should be a bit longer. What can I say, I like polkadots.

Ashley looks nice in the pale pink suit.

Kyle's suits always look like they're too small. But I like that the soap fashion sites are including pics.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:50:46 PM by SarahTheCat »

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 01:56:24 PM »
I like Dina's white suit.  Nikki's dress is nice, although the style really doesn't do her bust any favors.

Of Ashley's 3 outfits I like the polka dot blouse best.  It reminds me of the dress Julia Roberts wore to the polo match in Pretty Woman.

Mariah's 3 looks are a little too flouncy for her, especially the blue print.  I like the red dress best.

Hilary's 3 outfits are okay, I neither love them nor hate them.  The pink prom dress she's wearing below is pretty but IMO more suitable for a teenager.

Phyllis looks great in the black dress.  The white thing she's wearing looks like a lab coat with cold shoulders.  Clumsy looking and unattractive.

The rest of the ladies all look fine.  No big whoop on any of them, but not awful either.

Kyle continues to rock the Young Executive look.  Suit vests for men seem to be making a comeback; can't say I'm a fan.  I always imagine how hot the guys must feel.

I like both of Shauna's prom dresses but wish she'd chosen the blue instead.

Soaprah

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 07:32:48 PM »

Dina's white suit is classy.
Nikki should never go sleeveless.
Phyllis' mystery jacket-- "what the hell" indeed!
Lily's dress-- cute style but way too short on her.
Most of Mariah's dresses also fall into the "way too short" category.
Ditto Tessa's skirt. She had to pull it down every time she stood up. That's an indicator right there-- it's too short!
Abby's red dress suits her. She is one actor who has started wearing her clothes at a flattering length.
Mishael Morgan seems to have put on some weight-- no more ribs showing. She looks good.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 08:23:39 PM »

Of Ashley's 3 outfits I like the polka dot blouse best.  It reminds me of the dress Julia Roberts wore to the polo match in Pretty Woman.

Hilary's 3 outfits are okay, I neither love them nor hate them.  The pink prom dress she's wearing below is pretty but IMO more suitable for a teenager.

Yes to Julia Roberts and the pink prom dress for a teenager!

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 08:42:36 PM »
If I'm remembering right through my vertigo haze... Hillary tried on the pink gown, which was her protige's 2nd. choice from the dress rack at GCBuzz... to reminisce/whine about her own disappointing high school prom.  So yes the pink gown was indeed meant for a teenager.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »
If I'm remembering right through my vertigo haze... Hillary tried on the pink gown, which was her protige's 2nd. choice from the dress rack at GCBuzz... to reminisce/whine about her own disappointing high school prom.  So yes the pink gown was indeed meant for a teenager.

Thanks for the explanation. I haven't watched the show all week.

DianeM

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 03:00:48 PM »
I like Dina's white suit, but it would be better in color. 

I really like Ashley's blue sleeveless dress, appropriate for the office.

I can't understand why the wardrobe department would dress Phyllis in that white jacket monstrosity.  It's laughable, it's so ugly.

Lily is getting too old for skater type dresses. 

Nikki's navy dress is pretty, but I agree that she shouldn't be wearing sleeveless dresses until she tones those arms.

The maroon and red dresses are okay, but Mariah's blue, flower patterned dress is a big NO.

I don't like the pants on Ashley's pink pantsuit.

When is that cold-shoulder style going to fade away?  I see it in my hometown and on TV and I hate it!

deirdra

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 10:17:39 PM »
All these cold shoulders, and Faith's, reminded me of someone on this forum about a year ago describing a trip to the fitting room and finding it hard to get her head and arms in the correct holes - exactly why I've never tried one on.  I'm ready for the style to die already!

Maple Leaf

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 11:58:29 AM »
All these cold shoulders, and Faith's, reminded me of someone on this forum about a year ago describing a trip to the fitting room and finding it hard to get her head and arms in the correct holes - exactly why I've never tried one on.  I'm ready for the style to die already!

😂. That was me!   I still hate that style and when I saw Faith wearing it the other day, I wondered if she had as much of a hard time putting it on as I did!

jinx

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 12:26:43 PM »
Dina looks lovely.
Pretty dress, but Nikki would look better with a jacket over it.
Ashley looks nice in the blue and pink outfits. I don't like the polka dot blouse.
Mariah's dresses are all too short for her, especially the blue flouncy one. She could stand a good haircut.
NO to all of Hilary's outfits.
Phyllis looks nice in the black (navy?) dress, ridiculous in the WTH getup.
Gloria's white jacket is okay. It's not one of her better outfits.
NO to Sharon, Tessa and Victoria, although I like Victoria's hair pulled back as it gives her a professional look.

Mattie looks cute. She should have had a date for the prom. I didn't hear if anything was said about that.
Lily looks like a cheerleader.
I like Abby's red dress.

Kyle and Billy look sharp.
Shauna looks nice but the blue gown is a little much for a high school prom.
Hilary looks good in the pink gown but it's pretty low cut for a teenager.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:28:44 PM by jinx »

Billie

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 08:01:06 PM »
The two standouts for me were Dian's white outfit and Mariah's blue dress.  It so seldom that she wears flattering clothes and I thought she looked great in it (better on TV than what's shown in the photo).

DebR

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 10:56:15 PM »
Dina wins best dressed for me.

I love Shauna’s silvery colored gown better than the red one but it’s a little much.

missybug88

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 04:40:42 AM »
Oh Phyllis! WTH is right.
Faith is way too young for that cold shoulder look, but glad to see her back on the show.
Victor's hair is awful. Why would any woman want to wake up to that. Blech.
Hillary's dress too busy, but she could wear burlap and still look great.
Kyle is so sleazy that nothing he wears (or doesn't) appeals to me.
Love Victoria's braid.
Tessa's red dress ill fitting.
Love how Sharon wears casual "at home" clothes.
Mattie is adorable, but why does Lily continue to dress like a teenager?
Nikki's hair pretty upswept.
Oh No! Just saw the yellow dress on Sharon. Not good.