Author Topic: Some photos of Camryn Grimes at the Emmys ;)  (Read 278 times)

SarahTheCat

Some photos of Camryn Grimes at the Emmys ;)
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »

I just happened to have a red headed doll, and a similar dress. I made the Emmy statue with the top of a Tinkerbell pez dispenser, some polymer clay, wire, cork and a button.  I posted it on Instagram, and the actor that plays Ravi gave it a like!

For reference:

LucyLou

Re: Some photos of Camryn Grimes at the Emmys ;)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »
Love this!! I think I came across you on Facebook in the comment section of a Y&S post about Lily’s fugly dress. It was a picture shared with a doll to match Lily.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 01:06:52 PM »
Well your miniature doll certainly have bigger boobs than Camryn.  You are very talented STC... with your miniatures and your jewelry. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 01:17:34 PM »
Love this!! I think I came across you on Facebook in the comment section of a Y&S post about Lily’s fugly dress. It was a picture shared with a doll to match Lily.

Thanks! Yup, that was me!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 01:19:18 PM »
Well your miniature doll certainly have bigger boobs than Camryn.  You are very talented STC... with your miniatures and your jewelry.

Thanks!  I have one doll with smaller boobs but her hair is blonde.  I haven't made jewelry in quite a while... I was feeling uninspired, but making miniatures is making me feel creative again after a long dry spell.

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 01:27:44 PM »
Do you just make them for fun/hobby or is it a business?  This one is perfect!

DebR

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »
Awesome job, STC!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 01:55:07 PM »
Do you just make them for fun/hobby or is it a business?  This one is perfect!

Totally for fun. Thank you!

For a long time, I have admired doll fashion photography, and in December I bought my first doll, thinking I would sew clothes for her.  But I wanted some background items, and started making things like a paneled wall, a console table, a sunburst mirror... and I was having SO MUCH FUN with that, that I've hardly sewn anything at all. On Jan 1, I decided to call it my 365 mini project, where I just make whatever the heck I feel like making, just for fun, exploring as many different types of things, materials, methods as I can, just to see what I like doing. So far, I can say for sure: I like working with wood, and I detest making upholstered furniture.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 01:56:05 PM »
There's a little secret on the black board... one of the gold sponsor logos is my own company. LOL.

deirdra

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 04:37:35 PM »
Those are great.  Do you ever get the urge to make reliquaries?  Or does the mini-Emmy qualify?

SarahTheCat

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 05:23:45 PM »
Those are great.  Do you ever get the urge to make reliquaries?  Or does the mini-Emmy qualify?

LOL! No I have not had that urge yet, but maybe I should make a Victoria doll making one!

wanda

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 06:56:57 PM »
You are so creative and talented. I love your creations!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 11:36:51 PM »
You are so creative and talented. I love your creations!

Thank you Wanda!