Author Topic: WEEKEND FASHION Saturday May 12th  (Read 337 times)

Capricorn

WEEKEND FASHION Saturday May 12th
« on: May 12, 2018, 12:29:47 PM »

It doesn't look awful but I prefer this blouse without the belt.

I don't like the length of ashley's jumpsuit but it looks OK on her.

Untuckit Nikki! Thank goodness you turned the cuffs up and buttoned them. You also didn't need the white piece at the neck. I'm glad Nikki didn't go full outfit outfit like the model... it would have been ridiculous on her.

It's just the type of thing I expect Tessa to wear.  She has her own look and I think it's suit her.

Although I don't like this dress I think Abby looked lovely, soft and feminine in it.

I liked this on Abby. Suits her to a T.

Again I don't like this dress but it looked OK on Sharon.  Thank goodness she didn't wear the same ugly flat footwear as the model.  She wore the same pair of shoes she has been wearing for the past several episodes - strappy up to the ankles.

Looking good and looks as if she gained a few pounds.

Looking good

This is the old Bohemian Mariah and it suits her.  She needs a few inches taken off those tresses.

Lily looks cute but the style is a tad childish.  I think she has worn it before.

DianeM

Re: WEEKEND FASHION Saturday May 12th
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 03:26:15 PM »
I like everything here, and I especially like Hilary's white dress.

wanda

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 03:35:26 PM »
I like everything except for Nikki's mess. It would have looked better with black pants. The print top with the big white bow is just too busy. Ashley's top is just ok. Abby's is my favorite.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:38:03 PM by wanda »

jinx

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 09:22:07 PM »
I think Ashley looks good in the black and white outfit. Not everybody could wear that.
I love her red jumpsuit except for the length.
No to Nikki's white pants. The blouse would look better without the tie on both Nikki and the model.
Tessa looks cute.
I don't care for the asymmetrical hemline on Abby's blue dress, but she looks lovely. Comparing the two pictures, the navy dress adds about ten lbs. I don't like it on her or the model.
Maybe it's just the looseness or she needs a smaller size, but Sharon's dress looks too matronly. The model looks just plain dumb.
Hilary looks great. I especially like the white dress, but not so much the tassel earrings.
Mariah's white blouse is a good look for her. Very pretty. I agree about needing a hair trim. It's been looking like a floor mop lately.
I like the top of Lily's dress but not the bottom.

Goldilocks

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 10:07:10 PM »
 Like the boho style blouse on Mariah.Don't think Sharon's dress is flattering on her at all. Nikki should not tuck in her blouse, especially wearing white pants!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 10:08:52 AM »
Nikki's blouse is too busy, and she shouldn't tuck it in, and I don't like the bow thing... but whoa, get a load of the model with matching pants. Looks like pjs. Who would wear that?

Peridot

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 10:17:41 AM »
Not crazy about Ashley's black and white shirt.  As usual, I am anti-belt.  I like Ash in the red jumpsuit much better.

Nikki's outfit looks fussy to me.  IMO the blouse could easily do without the white tie.  And what's with the extra-long, heavy cuffs on the ladies?  They look horribly uncomfortable.

Tessa looks kind of drab.  The shirt isn't awful or anything, but maybe a different color would be an improvement.

Abby's floral dress gets the prize here.  A much more flattering choice than the navy dress below.

Sharon's blue dress is just sloppy looking to me.  I honestly thought Sharon was wearing a robe until she left the house with Nikki still wearing the thing.

Hilary looks great in both dresses.  I especially like the white one.  She seems to have put on a few pounds and she looks much better.

Love Mariah's white top, not crazy about Lily's navy dress.  Again, not awful, just not her best look.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »
Loved all the outfits except Nikki’s.  Untuck, woman!

PatsyB86

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 02:03:52 PM »
I loved Ashley's red jumpsuit even the length.  It looked really good on her.
Abby looked so pretty in her dress and hair.  Sometimes from a distance until I can see the age, I mix her and Ashley up.  They really suit as mother and daughter.

Hillary does seem to have put on a little weight. She always looks good to me.

No on Nikki's outfit

Just soso on all others

SarahTheCat

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 02:26:11 PM »
Abby looked great. The dress looked nicer on the show than in the photos.

Dina looked great in her red suit. Her hair and makeup were nice. She looks so nice when she is bubbly and happy, as she was through most of the mothers day scenes. When she's troubled, wow, suddenly she looks a lot older. 

missybug88

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 10:38:38 PM »

Yes to Sarah the Cat. Abby's look was so pretty. About time. For awhile she was being dressed pretty frumpily.

Love the white dress on Hillary. Glad to see that she's filling out a bit.

My favorite outfit from last week was Ashley in the white blouse with slacks. I love when the ladies dress appropriately for the occasion as opposed to evening wear just to answer the front door.

Come to think of it, have we ever seen Hillary in just jeans and a top? She is always dressed to the nines.

missybug88

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »
Why do we continue to see Nikki with those tucked in blouses. I am in my mid fifties, still in fairly decent shape but don't tuck stuff in anymore. There are so many pretty tunic or flowy blouses to wear. WHY, WHY,WHY?

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 11:11:54 PM »

Come to think of it, have we ever seen Hillary in just jeans and a top? She is always dressed to the nines.

I think that's because we never see her at home.  She's always at work or out and about during the day or evening.    I think she lives in a room at the GCAC and we never see her in that room.  We see Phyllis at home very often but never see her in casual clothes either. 

DebR

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 11:14:57 PM »
I love Abby’s floral spring like dress, so pretty.
I love Hilary in the white dress.
Mariah looks good in that white shirt.
I think Lily looks cute in her navy dress and I like her hairstyle.