Author Topic: Fashion May 9th  (Read 440 times)

Capricorn

Fashion May 9th
« on: May 09, 2018, 12:32:02 PM »
First I need to say that Traci looked fabulous and that it's a crying shame that "Worn on TV" and "The Young and The Stylish" NEVER EVER show Traci Abbotts' clothes.   She's always well put together and always looks terrific.   I guess it's faux pas to show a larger woman in a fashion situation.   SHAME ON THEM!

They all look great.  However I know I'm in the minority but I hardly ever like anything that Mattie wears, including this gown.   I just have never seen or known any teenager who dresses like Mattie.   I know my granddaughter would have a cow if anyone made her wear that pink and red gown.  I do believe that Mattie looks good - I just don't think it's something a teenager would wear.  Maybe if the dress was short and flared it would look better for a teen.  Just my opinion.

Goldilocks

Re: Fashion May 9th
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »
Once again Dina looks the best!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 06:43:30 PM »
Capricorn, I so agree with you on the issue of them not showing Traci. Both those sites have affiliate links to the clothing and they make money on any sales that result. Do they just think no one will buy Traci's outfits? It ticks me off.

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 07:02:57 PM »
This is one event where I thought almost everyone looked fabulous.  Lily especially looks great--gown, earrings, hair.  I really liked Traci's outfit.  I might wear that, although with more understated jewelry.  Although I thought Abby looked lovely I'd remove that big black bow-like thing from her dress.  Otherwise I think she carries off the vintage glamour look very well, something Wardrobe ought to take note of.

The men all looked good in their tuxes.  Nice to see Charlie all dressed up.  I like the more mature look and demeanor they've given this character.

Billie

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 08:19:04 PM »
I like them all, especially Dina who looked fabulous.
Question: is Ashley wearing the same dress that she wore to the Emmys?  It also looks similar to the one that she wears for the opening credits which resulted from the anniversary cast photo but I think it's slightly different.

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »
It's the same dress she wore to the Daytime Emmys but different from opening credits/anniversary cast photo.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 08:41:32 PM by Capricorn »

wanda

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 09:50:14 PM »
They all looked great. I especially loved Abby's look. Her hair and gown made her look like a starlet from the 40s. I had trouble taking my eyes off of her beautiful hair style. She was stunning.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:04:47 PM by wanda »

Capricorn

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 10:14:29 PM »
Is it my imagination or is Abby prettier since she had her baby?   She has been wearing ugly clothes but her face seems so pretty, peaceful and happy.

deirdra

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 11:13:17 PM »
Is it my imagination or is Abby prettier since she had her baby?   She has been wearing ugly clothes but her face seems so pretty, peaceful and happy.
She has been looking pretty, peaceful & happy lately.  But that could change when Victoria returns to town.

DebR

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 11:38:39 PM »
I loved how everyone looked.  I couldnít take my eyes off of Abby, she looked stunning.  I am not crazy about that big bow on her dress but loved the color on her. 

I agree with Capricorn about Mattieís gown.  She looked cute but no teenager I know would wear something like that and I have 3 teen granddaughters.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 06:17:46 AM »
I guess Iím in the minority because I didnít like Abbyís dress at all!  I wasnít a fan of all that cleavage.  Other than that, she did look beautiful.

Soaprah

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »
I agree with you, Maple Leaf. Abby's skin is beautiful, but I don't need to see that much of it.
The bodice of the gown was too low, in my opinion.

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 12:05:18 PM »

Actually I should have said Melissa Ordway is looking prettier since she had her baby... and ofcourse that means Abby is looking prettier too.  :-[ [size=78%] [/size] :)

jinx

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 02:21:12 PM »
I didn't like anything about Abby's dress and I agree with Maple Leaf and Soaprah about the low bodice. Every time she moved I was afraid it would slip right off. Everyone else looked beautiful, including Mattie. Her dress wasn't my favorite but it was age-appropriate and she looked cute. To me it looked like two shades of pink, not pink and red.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »

Actually I should have said Melissa Ordway is looking prettier since she had her baby... and ofcourse that means Abby is looking prettier too.  :-[  :)

She has definitely been looking very pretty since she returned. And usually her hair is styled nicely, and her makeup is done very well. I commented once recently that I'm usually so focused on her face and hair that I don't notice her ugly outfits.

LucyLou

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 08:46:12 PM »
Ashley looked the best Iíve seen her in a while. She really stood out on my screen so Iíll say she was my favorite. Lily, of course, was beautiful as always.

Sorry Iím late to the fashion party. Just catching up on the show.

deirdra

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 10:55:45 PM »
Lately Ashley & Abby look like an old mother-daughter Breck shampoo ad with similar shades of blonde.  They both look better now that they've had a few inches chopped off and could look even fresher with another couple of inches chopped off.