Author Topic: April 25th episode  (Read 177 times)

DebR

April 25th episode
« on: April 26, 2018, 12:10:29 AM »
Whew.  So glad Des is gone and Michael is still there.  Her lie blew up in her face but I wasn’t sure who they believed for a minute.

Does anyone think they get to take more clothes and stuff with them?  Except for Kellen?, their hair looks fairly clean, the challenges used to last longer and they’re not skin and bones like the old days.  Remember how they had horrible places for “bathrooms”?  My husband always brings up how in the past it was tough on Survivor compared to now.

deirdra

Re: April 25th episode
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 04:09:50 PM »
I've noticed in the past couple of seasons they seem to have extra sets of clothes and a couple of bathing suits, whereas in the past they only had the clothes on their back and some were dumb enough to only wear shorts, underwear and a short sleeved shirt and shivered through cold rainy nights, whereas others had the sense to wear layers and bring a few extras in their shoulder bag, like one would on  a day hike. In the early days I think they only got to bring one item each and the clothes they were wearing. And they would mention what item they chose - one would bring a toothbrush, another matches.  I think these changes occurred after that season where a couple of people fainted & got heat stroke with 105 degree temperatures during mid-day heavy challenges with no water and had to be pulled out of the game. They also may have some bug repellent.  Early on there was a girl named Colleen who was scarred for life due to infected bug bites over her entire body.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 04:18:54 PM by deirdra »

katiesbeach

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:58:18 PM »
Yes, they definitely had to flex on some of their earlier rules.  Health problems started to be a concern if contests weren't allowed to bring necessities like toothbrush, bug repellent, and adequate clothing.  Too much of a liability for the show.  I remember when Colleen and Elizabeth Hasselback were on the first season with Richard Hatch and Sue the truck driver.  They had nothing.

I also think that they are getting more frequent reward challenges with better supplies, food and conveniences for reward.

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 07:20:47 PM »
I also remember lots of nauseating camera shots of people picking their teeth pre-toothbrushes.  And there were more eating-live-bugs challenges.  Didn't someone get bitten in their throat by something with pinchers?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:22:35 PM by deirdra »

Money Honey

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:56:46 PM »
Deirdra, I had to look that one up.  Jeff, the host was bitten by a scorpion while the
show was in Africa.  Another time, he was stung by a jellyfish in the swim suit area,
while the show was in Borneo.  I missed those two escapades.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 10:00:01 PM by Money Honey »