Author Topic: First episode  (Read 370 times)

Jonathan

First episode
« on: February 28, 2018, 11:21:53 PM »
I really enjoyed it.  I could not understand Donathan not wanting to get off his ass and at least try.  I know he eventually did do it but when your team is pleading with you and it should be quite obvious that you will be voted out if you don't even try, why on Earth would you not get out there before it was too late to make a difference. 

I agreed with both choices at the two tribals.  I would have voted that way too for both of them.

I love how they are doing Ghost Island, I was not too sure how they would handle it but I really do like what they decided to do. 

DebR

Re: First episode
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:47:19 PM »
Why on earth did Jacob divulge all of the info about the legacy advantage to Stephanie?  Now she knows Morgan has it.  Jacob said he wasn’t going to tell anyone then blabs the first chance he got, not knowing her at all.  Supposedly a Super fan, he must be kicking himself. I would’ve voted out Gonzalez and Jacob too.

I enjoyed the show and thought it went by fast.
They drop the buffs next week, already!

katiesbeach

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »
The guy that lied about having the immunity idol definitely deserved to go!  How stupid was that?  Just a REALLY dumb move.  Why did he feel the need to blurt out to everyone that he had found the idol?  A little mystery about it would have gone a long way....

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 07:51:46 PM »
I enjoyed it too; it seemed faster-paced and focused on how people actually thought and behaved whereas last season the camera seemed to focus on unimportant crap, trying to lead us away from what was really going on.   I would've voted out Gonzalez and Jacob too.  They both seemed to think they knew it all and that the team would follow their lead, whereas everyone saw right through them.  Jacob should have learned from past shows that blabbers always lose.

It was funny that Donathan thought he might encounter actual ghosts on Ghost Island, not the ghosts of past bad decisions.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:00:13 PM by deirdra »

Jonathan

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 03:53:21 PM »
If I had been Jacob, what I think I would have done would have been to say nothing about my fake idol.  Maybe even keep it in my pocket, but not be too obvious about it and then maybe people would suspect I had an idol.  Then if things were looking bad at tribal I'd have whipped it out, put it around my neck and told everyone I'm not going any where and then watched them scramble trying to figure out what to do.  If pressed about Ghost Island I'd have probably said that when I broke my urn there was a message telling me that I could not speak about what went on there, or else I'd loose my vote or something. 

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 04:45:23 PM »
When the guy asked to see the note that came with the idol and Jacob said he forgot it on Ghost Island, he dug himself into a deeper hole than the blabbing put him in.

katiesbeach

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
If I had been Jacob, what I think I would have done would have been to say nothing about my fake idol.  Maybe even keep it in my pocket, but not be too obvious about it and then maybe people would suspect I had an idol.  Then if things were looking bad at tribal I'd have whipped it out, put it around my neck and told everyone I'm not going any where and then watched them scramble trying to figure out what to do.  If pressed about Ghost Island I'd have probably said that when I broke my urn there was a message telling me that I could not speak about what went on there, or else I'd loose my vote or something.
that's what I was trying to say Jonathan.  He was Captain Obvious when he wasn't able to produce the documentation, but if he did what you described above, they wouldn't be able to examine things that closely and they would be on the spot.  A seriously stupid move that will surely be on future 'ghost island' seasons.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 02:46:57 PM »
He totally played it all wrong.

What you said, Jonathan, makes the most sense!