Author Topic: Nikki / Reed / Victor / Victoria / JT  (Read 234 times)

Capricorn

Nikki / Reed / Victor / Victoria / JT
« on: January 12, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »
There is no way in hell that I could decide on a course of action for my child and any grandmother could overrule me, shout at me, march out of my house, collect and push around my child.   Then take the child to said grandmother's unstable home to be ordered around by a vile grandfather.   Made to clean horse poop and all the other demands.

Teenagers need direction but not by dysfunctional grandparents who have no authority legally or morally.

Nikki is totally out of control.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:07:05 PM by Capricorn »

jinx

Re: Nikki / Reed / Victor / Victoria / JT
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
I thought Nikki had a helluva nerve to butt in and say her piece and then do what she did. Here we go with more family drama; everybody change sides. At first I thought Nikki and Victor were indulging him, but the look on Reed's face when Grandpa laid down the law was priceless! I can't wait to see the haircut!

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 05:36:50 PM »
If nothing but a haircut comes out of this intervention, I'll be happy.

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »
No doubt Grandpa Goat is practically wetting himself at the prospect of having someone new under his roof to order around.  Still, I'm betting Reed will ultimately benefit from Victor's "boot camp."  No doubt he'll grumble plenty but having both grandparents there to provide structure and discipline will be a refreshing change for Reed, whose own parents seldom seem to interact with the kid unless they're chastising him about something.  Even IRL I've seen people who were awful parents, but who managed to be pretty decent grandparents.

While Victor is at it, maybe he could share with Reed his own experience with community service.  Years ago a judge so ordered after one of Victor's many crimes (can't recall which), prompting Victor to open a community rec center.  This is where we first met Devon.  Maybe it would inspire Reed and help him see that community service isn't a death sentence.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 07:28:11 PM »
Whatever comes of Nikki's shocking behaviour, I do believe that grandmother and grandfather overruling the boy's parents was wrong.  This will certainly make Reed have less respect for his parents.  Furthermore I don't see where Reed was a rebellious or bad child.  Reed has seldom been allowed to finish a sentence with his mother, the judge and now Nikki and Victor.  JT however did let Reed finish his sentences and listened to what Reed had to say.  He is truly a cowed teenager.  I grew up with 4 brothers, I know what rebellion looks like. 

Maple Leaf

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 07:41:37 PM »
There isn’t one ounce of me that can stand Victoria. She’s a terrible parent.  I’m disgusted with how she handled Reed’s situation and how she passed him off to her mother just because she couldn’t be bothered.  Vicki needs the boot camp more than poor, misguided Reed. I wish they’d make her cut her mop. 

No wonder Reed is so screwed up.

Billie

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 08:16:08 PM »
Off topic but did anyone think that Nicki's boobs were not as humongous today?  I haven't seen her on in a while so the thought 'boob reduction' crossed my mind.  Of course, it could have been a better bra or even the sweater she was wearing.

SAlby

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 08:31:02 PM »
Off topic but did anyone think that Nicki's boobs were not as humongous today?  I haven't seen her on in a while so the thought 'boob reduction' crossed my mind.  Of course, it could have been a better bra or even the sweater she was wearing.

I'll have to take a 2nd look as I didn't pay enough attention to notice.  I do hope she did have a reduction IRL though, that poor woman walks/moves like her back is on fire.  A reduction would surely do her some good!

DebR

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 11:18:06 PM »
In real life it wouldn’t go over well for the parents to be undermined by the grandparents would it?  My daughter would never allow it I know that.  Reed isn’t a bad kid but he does need structure and boundaries.  Not to be talked down to but to respect what is expected of him in the family.

DebR

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 11:27:56 PM »
Another thing, did anyone notice how Reed was rude busting into Phyllis’ apt. without saying a word to Phyllis?  He barged right past her to go talk to Billy.  Nikki did the same thing!  Barging in looking to talk to Reed without saying anything to Phyllis.  How rude and disrespectful.  I was surprised Phyllis didn’t say anything.

Linds

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 11:46:23 PM »
I know! What the heck?! Whether JT and Victoria want to let Reid decompress with Billy or not,  that is their business.  Nikki was way far in the wrong.  I would never let my Mom tell me what to do when it comes to my child. 

Capricorn

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 11:46:26 PM »
I didn't see him burst in through the door.  He walked in, he was anxious, his attention zeroed in on Billy and yes he should have greeted Phyllis.  But in Reed's case it's like mother like son, like grandparents, like grandson.  It's the way Reed see his mother and grandparents act - you know like they own the world... treat people like crap on a daily basis.  Did you notice Nikki who actually barged in to order Reed around like a dog, that's the example he has.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 11:35:13 AM »
I literally started laughing when Nikki announced she was going to "straighten out Reed".  Really?  She has been a pretty terrible mother to her own children when they were growing up.  She was an alcoholic/pill popper who sent both her kids away to boarding school because she couldn't cope with them.  Victor was a largely absentee father who showed up occasionally to pat them on the head and chuckle indulgently.

Reed isn't a bad kid, he's a neglected one.  Neither Victoria or JT knew he was applying for a summer music program. If they had a good relationship with him, they would have known about it and been able to help him with the application.  Reed obviously loves music, but all Victoria seemed to understand was that buying him a guitar was a way for him to release his teen angst.  She seems happy to let Victor and Nikki to take him off her hands.  Maybe they will turn out to be better grandparents than they were parents.  At least they seem prepared to pays some attention to him.  Adding a little structure to his life, making him do a few chores, and get a haircut don't seem that onerous to me.