Author Topic: Khary Payton  (Read 292 times)

Jonathan

Khary Payton
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:27:41 AM »
Thought some of you might enjoy this.  Khary Payton (King Ezekiel) was a guest at the Indian Comic Con this past year.  I really enjoyed him, though I'm not a huge Walking Dead fan, and thought I would share this video I found on here.  It was recorded by someone in the audience so not professional sound quality.  He was an awesome guest and when I was in the line to meet Niche Nichols (Uhura from the original Star Trek) I was next to his line and he was out shaking hands and hugging people.  Just all together seemed like a great guy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ2c90T4b-M

Money Honey

Re: Khary Payton
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 12:07:49 PM »
Thanks for that comic Con piece Jonathan.  I didn't make out a lot of it, but I did
hear him say that he was on General Hospital, which I never watched.  The part
about Morgan Freeman was very funny, because I read years ago about nobody
knew of him until he was an older man with gray hair.  He is a favorite of mine,
I watch all of his movies.

I thought about that, and I realized, that I didn't remembered seeing Freeman in
any movies with a younger face, or hair neither... He was always (not trying to
be nasty) 'aged' in all of them... Funny.  Didn't mean to take it away from Khary.

Jonathan

Re: Khary Payton
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 06:12:32 AM »
I know the sound was not great, but thought some people might enjoy it because so much of his personality came through.  It was so funny, since I have rarely watched the show, but he was one of my favorites last year.  My youngest son loves the show, and his character, so he really enjoyed it.  I liked his comments about Morgan Freeman too.  He had one of our best moderators with him on  the stage and it was funny seeing him take her out of her normal routine.  She also moderated for Carrie Fisher a few years ago and Carrie kind of bent the rules on how things went as well. 

Normally there are better quality recordings out there of the Q/A sessions, but last year it was on Easter weekend (like it will be this year too) and they were going to have to pay the staff to record these a ton of money to do it so they skipped that, instead of raising our prices to attend. Anyway that only leaves us with people recording it for themselves from the audience.

He was the first Walking Dead star ever at the Indiana Con.  They are still working on the guest list for this year, and there are none from Walking Dead so far, but if there are any I will post on here.