Author Topic: Homeless Kathy  (Read 470 times)

Ricky

Homeless Kathy
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:30:43 PM »

On the (weird) Christmas Day episode, one of the (dull) vignettes featured a tough-talking homeless girl named Kathy who may have (or may not have) stolen Nikki's purse and then maybe returned it (or maybe didn't), and who Nikki eventually decided was Kay Chancellor reincarnated (or something).    All of this silliness inspired Nikki to leave a $25,000 necklace hanging forlornly on a sign in Chancellor Park.

Was this pastry-eating, coffee-swilling, homeless Kathy today the same angel or thief that Nikki met Christmas?      And were Harry Potter and Rapunzel her children, or are they angels too?   I couldn't make heads or tails out of any of it.   Could y'all?     

katiesbeach

Re: Homeless Kathy
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:42:18 PM »
Oh  Ricky, I want some of what you are smoking!  LOL

Ricky

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:49:45 PM »

LOL, I'm not making this up, am I?   Isn't this Homeless Kathy person from today's show the same Homeless Kathy from the Christmas show?  (But I swear, I was thinking the Christmas episode ended with Nikki announcing that Homeless Kathy was an angel.)    And I could've also sworn that Homeless Christmas Kathy didn't have any kids with her, but today's Homeless Kathy was hauling around that little Harry Potter boy and that little blonde Rapunzel girl.   I thought the board tonight would be full of speculation about this mess.     

Miravep

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »
Yes, that's the same actress and the character is still named Kathy, but what this has to do with that godawful christmas episode is anyone's guess. Now her role seems to be to give Sharon something empowering to do.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 10:00:58 PM »
I got this as big as possible and I think you are right Ricky, it looks like the very same Kathy from Christmas.

Here is a excerpt of the meeting:

A woman named Kathy mistakes Nikki for a friend in the park cafe, and joins her. Kathy wants to hear about the Nikki and Victor Newman saga, but suddenly has to dash. She tells Nikki to ‘stick to her guns’. After, Nikki realizes the woman stole her purse.

At Crimson Lights, Nikki tells Sharon about the robbery, then spots Kathy on the patio and confronts her. The woman shrugs; she’s homeless, staying at the shelter, and thought Nikki Newman wouldn’t miss a few bucks. Nikki shares that she had hard times too – she won’t call the police. Kathy talks about persevering and mentions the song ‘I’m Gonna Live Until I Die’, which Nikki knows all too well. Kathy talks about being present and open, and Nikki feels she seems older than her years. Later, Sharon says there’s no Kathy at the shelter, and Nikki was sitting alone. Nikki insists the woman was there. Nikki finds a necklace in her purse, engraved ‘KC’, and leaves.

At Chancellor Park, Nikki approaches Katherine’s plaque – she thinks Katherine found a way to reach out and reiterate the advice in her letters. Nikki assures Katherine her town, her park, and her friends are all in good hands; she inspires them every day. Nikki tearfully wishes her a Merry Christmas.

Ricky

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 10:19:12 PM »

Yep, that's her.   THANK YOU!!   

On the Christmas episode (Vignette #4), "Kathy" had some very flamboyant hand gestures and mannerisms (like Kay Chancellor), said that people sometimes treated her like a "Duchess" (Kay Chancellor's nickname), claimed to be older than she looked ("I've had some work done, you know" like Kay Chancellor), and quoted from "I'm Gonna Live Till I Die" (like Kay Chancellor).    She also seemed to advocate that Nikki belonged with Victor (like Kay Chancellor).     But she claimed to live in the homeless shelter (Sharon said there was no Kathy in the shelter), and Sharon said that Nikki was actually sitting alone (when Nikki claimed to be sitting with Kathy).    I thought the whole escapade was pointing to a dream that Nikki was having, or perhaps a vision where Nikki was being visited by an angel or a spirit.

But now, three weeks later, "Kathy" has two kids, is too proud to live in the shelter, provided details about working as a check-out girl in a discount store, doesn't want charity, and Sharon could see her clearly and even brought her home to meet Mariah and spend the night.

It's all just beyond me.         

wanda

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 10:36:11 PM »
Great catch Ricky. I didn't put 2 and 2 together there. That Christmas episode was so boring and uninteresting that I totally put it out of my mind.

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 11:21:26 PM »
I recognized her as the same annoying Cathy from the Xmas episode, but wonder if those are really her kids or she will be scamming Sharon.  The woman sure cannot act and the dialog makes it all painful to watch.

DebR

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 11:26:05 PM »
Kathy could have pawned that diamond necklace Nikki left on Katherine’s plaque or donated the money to the shelter.  Wonder if it’s still sitting there since Sharon said there are so many people who can’t afford a place to live in GC.

If Kathy didn’t take the necklace she must be a decent person but where were her kids on Christmas when she spoke to Nikki??  How come Sharon said there was no one there?

She was a tough talking woman.  I wouldn’t have taken her in not knowing anything about her or her well behaved children.

She must be the key to Sharon moving on to the next phase of her life but Sharon should have inquired more info about her before moving her and the kiddos into her home with precious Faith.

Ricky

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 11:46:09 PM »

The premise of the Xmas Special seemed to be that Kathy was somehow "invisible" to everyone in town except Nikki.   The dialogue even specifically pointed out that Sharon wasn't able to detect the presence of anyone else sitting at Nikki's table on the patio of Crimson Lights.

But now that Sharon needs empowering, she can magically see the previously invisible Kathy??   And now Nicholas can see Kathy, too (though I thought his new tool belt had already empowered him, lol).  I suppose Mariah needs a bit of empowering over her moribond relationship with Tessa, so she can now magically see Kathy also.   (But she can't see much of Tessa, as Tessa's only appeared once since Christmas, and we haven't seen hide nor hair of Noah.)

None of it makes much sense to me.     

SarahTheCat

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 11:51:06 PM »
After taking a month long break, I watched 5 episodes. Sounds like it's time to take another break! The empowering stuff and the party at Sharon's was so stupid.

Ricky

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 11:54:17 PM »

Awww, don't be silly.   Just let the invisible, homeless Crimson Lights Ghost EMPOWER you, and give you an Epic KISS.     

DebR

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 12:08:45 AM »
Maybe by helping Nikki on Christmas Kathy is no longer invisible, she got to come back to life and help humanity.  Kind of like the show, Touched by an Angel.   ;)

stpauliegirl

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 08:36:11 AM »
I wondered whether this was the same character we saw on the Christmas episode too.  Kathy is pretty stupid if she and her kids are staying in their car instead of a shelter.  It's very cold (below zero) in the upper midwest this AM, and they'd freeze.

Since Kathy appears to be real, and not a reincarnation of Kay Chancellor, I guess Nikki left that expensive necklace in the park for nothing. 

maxie

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 10:37:26 AM »
I recognized Kathy right away.  Pretty sure she has the same outfit on too.  I am dreading this story line, how ever they decide to take it.  Never liked those 'fringe' story lines, with oddball characters.  In this case, they surely are going to continue with the angel connection.  Boring.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 10:40:55 AM »
All their clothes look brand new.

DianeM

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 10:55:39 AM »
I wonder how Nikki will react if she sees Kathy and her children at the ranch.  Will she think she's losing her mind?

lawgirl

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »
The writers want to write a "feel good" story (kind of like Bold & Beautiful did a few years ago with the homeless in LA and won an Emmy for it).  It will end up with Victor and Nicki being involved and Kathy will turn out to be Victor's sister, whom he never knew he had.  Bring on the barf bag!

DianeM

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 04:48:39 PM »
Victor's sister?  More like his long-lost daughter.  He's got to be 35-40 years older than Kathy.

Peridot

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 07:19:48 PM »
It didn't register with me that the two Cathys were the same actress.  An awful lot of homeless people named Cathy out there!  I suspect this is a device to allow Sharon to do a Good Deed for this woman and her children Harry and Hermione.  Yet more evidence to one and all that Sharon is JUST FINE.

pcrchik

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »
I wonder how Nikki will react if she sees Kathy and her children at the ranch.  Will she think she's losing her mind?

she'll probably go off on a rant about how sharon and this woman devised a devious plan to steal from her because of course they couldn't have met by chance, sharon so obviously concocted this whole thing to get revenge on nicki since she's never liked nicki since day 1.  ::)

i wonder if interacting with this homeless woman and her children will give sharon a new "project" and take her away from the man spotlight for awhile.  but that cheek kiss she gave nick was pretty cool..heehee!

Ricky

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »
I suspect this is a device to allow Sharon to do a Good Deed for this woman and her children Harry and Hermione.

She DID resemble Hermione.   I noticed immediately the little boy's round glasses and dark hair and thought of Harry Potter.   But with the little girl, I thought they were hinting at Rapunzel.   I bet she's Hermione. 

franniep51

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »
Hopefully, Kathy will fade back into the woodwork.  She wasn't likeable or interesting to me.

Capricorn

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 01:49:58 PM »
I don't find anything unlikeable about Kathy.  I mean she's not front burner material but it would be okay to see her pop into Crimson Lights to say a friendly hello to Sharon and have a cup of coffee once in awhile(like every 3 months or so) to give the appearance that there are other people living in Genoa City except the Newmans, Abbotts, Baldwins, Winters and their exes or hardly ever seen employees.

DianeM

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 02:18:26 PM »
Maybe Sharon will give her a job at Crimson Lights.