Author Topic: Cane never changes  (Read 181 times)

LeannaLove

Cane never changes
« on: January 11, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »
I saw a bit of the show today, the scene where Cane was trying to bribe Charlie into hiding Mattie's phone and getting her laptop away from her. 

This character is constantly conniving about something.  Lying, deceiving, scheming, manipulating, controlling.  I laughed when Charlie said "I can tell you're up to something."  Who's the adult here?

Cane's a total sleazebag, I can't stand him anymore.

Capricorn

Re: Cane never changes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:55:35 PM »
Not just Cane, all the characters on the show have faults.  Victor, Victoria, Jack, Nikki, Billy, Phyllis and so on and so on.  They all have their faults and all the writers keep writing them the same way.   I think Sharon is the only one who has been given a mental illness and goes in and out of goodness and badness.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »
Yes, just about everyone lies and connives when they could just tell the truth.  Cane should have just told Maddie that she was not to go to the courthouse for Reeds hearing, that it was a matter for Reed, his parents, and his attorney to handle.  Make sure she understood that this was not a request, it is an order.

LeannaLove

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 06:05:06 PM »
I agree with all of the responses but you'd think Cane would be on his best behavior while trying to fix things with Lily.  His lying and scheming has lead to their separation.  He's desperate to get back together with her and it's not good for their family that he continues to manipulate them.  Lie after lie, scheme after scheme.

I'm probably guilty of being hard on Cane but I've grown to loathe the character and personally think he has zero redeeming qualities.  You just can't trust that bugger.  But I guess the opposite behavior wouldn't be very soapy so carry on Hurricane. 

Run Lily run!