Author Topic: New interview with Marla Adams / Dina Abbott Mergeron  (Read 193 times)

Capricorn

New interview with Marla Adams / Dina Abbott Mergeron
« on: January 11, 2018, 11:39:41 AM »
Lovely picture of Marla / Dina - She gives a witty, breathtaking and very interesting interview.

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2018/0110-marla_adams_interview.php
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:46:55 AM by Capricorn »

deirdra

Re: New interview with Marla Adams / Dina Abbott Mergeron
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 01:44:32 PM »
A very nice interview.  One avenue I hope Y&R pursues is having Dina talk more about her past.  Many dementia patients have perfect recall of their childhood, teenage years, college, kids - things her children probably don't know and never will know unless they ask before the memory disappears.  Also, talking about things they remember and are not confused by boosts their confidence.  My mother was happy and hilarious when telling tales about her childhood, dating my father and our early childhoods.  Jack, Ashley & Tracy never really knew their mother and they finally have the opportunity.

franniep51

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 07:07:38 PM »
Wonderful interview.  I admired Marla Adams before, but now even more.  She has such a twinkle in her eyes and, she reminds me of my mom (she had dementia). 

DebR

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 11:40:11 PM »
I enjoyed her interview. I get a kick out of her saying she hasn’t had work done. She acts like a regular person and wants us to know she’s down to earth and cares about everyday things like we do.