Author Topic: Casting News  (Read 809 times)

Capricorn

Casting News
« on: January 10, 2018, 03:26:02 PM »
Jason Canela to join the cast of Y&R

There's a new guy in town and he's about to turn on the charm. According to EW, Jason Canela has joined the cast of 'The Young and the Restless' as Arturo, a building contractor who has a great deal of charm and isn't afraid to use it to sway a client - which client will he slay?

Canela who is best known for playing Omar Robles on "Pitch" will make his first appearance on the CBS daytime sudser on February 2. His list of acting credits also include roles on shows such as; Missing, The Glade, Camino, Make Love Great Again, Single in South Beach, Falling Angel and more. "Y&R" airs weekdays on CBS, be sure to tune in.

deirdra

Re: Casting News
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:44:57 PM »
I'm sick of scruff and cannot find a single photo of him without scruff or longer facial hair.  Knowing our luck Victoria will be renovating and Tori will rumble with toyboy Travis 2.0.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 04:51:08 PM »
Maybe Sharon will get a new kitchen. The one she has now is way too small. And a kitchen reno is how she ended up with Dylan.

wanda

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 05:01:02 PM »
I don't know this actor, but I don't like the scruff either.

This is what it reminds me of.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 05:21:50 PM »
Everybody knows how I feel about facial hair so I already don't want to see him.  Scott, Nick and Graham are enough men with facial hair on Y&R.  Here's to hoping that he's clean shaven on February 2nd.

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »
Maybe Sharon will get a new kitchen. The one she has now is way too small. And a kitchen reno is how she ended up with Dylan.

This boy is only 25, let's hope not.

jinx

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 05:41:31 PM »
Chelsea is having a bathroom redo. That confuses me. I thought she told Nick she didn't want a hot tub or even to have it redone. That's when he said something about a lifetime dream of building his own house. Must be his latest lifetime dream.

katiesbeach

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »
Put him with Abby, turn him bad, break her heart, and then she'll sleep with someone's man.

Capricorn

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 06:57:28 PM »
He reminds me of the twins Jonathan and Drew on HGTV.  Maybe casting went specifically for him to be a building contractor because he is similar to the twins.

deirdra

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 07:00:51 PM »
He reminds me of the twins Jonathan and Drew on HGTV.  Maybe casting went specifically for him to be a building contractor because he is similar to the twins.
He looks like Drew (the skinnier one) but will be doing all the work, like Jonathan.

DebR

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 11:01:46 PM »
I’m looking forward to him being on the show.  I liked his character on “Pitch” and hope he sticks around.  He looks like he could be related to Ravi.

Ricky

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 11:22:45 PM »

He doesn't appear to be pursing his lips into a little Fish Mouth, the way those Goldfish Brothers on HGTV tend to do. 

dixie

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »
Capricorn, I thought the same thing when I saw the picture. He does look like the property brothers.

bren

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 06:51:39 PM »
First thing I thought of when I saw the picture was Nick Scotti, who played Tony Viscardi back in the late 90's.  Tony was involved with one of the Dennison girls, and was a cutie.

SANDY B

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »
First thing I thought of when I saw the picture was Nick Scotti, who played Tony Viscardi back in the late 90's.  Tony was involved with one of the Dennison girls, and was a cutie.
I too kind of thought of him.  That show was great when the Dennison girls were on.  A good time for the show.

maxie

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 01:12:17 PM »
I agree about those years with those two girls.  Remember their poor father, who was in a perpetual coma? 

deirdra

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 04:38:54 PM »
Unfortunately I cannot purge from my mind the picture of Tricia Dennison feeding Victor aphrodisiac tea and riding his zonked-out carcass in her black bra and panties (a redux of Ramoana in her white Hanes).  Megan and best friend Tara Lipinski were cute - a classic way to quickly and cheaply lay out a backstory by having a character explain it to a friend.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:08:32 PM by deirdra »

bren

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 10:50:55 PM »
Unfortunately I cannot purge from my mind the picture of Tricia Dennison feeding Victor aphrodisiac tea and riding his zonked-out carcass in her black bra and panties (a redux of Ramoana in her white Hanes).
Why oh why don't I remember THAT?  OMG, What a mental picture!!  Good thing I had just put down my water bottle!  LOL

AndysMom

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 11:24:27 PM »
So, wondering if he will be involved in the renovations, after Nikki and Nick buy the apartment building. Don't tell me his love interest will be Sharon! 

stpauliegirl

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 07:16:22 AM »
I agree, seems pretty obvious that he is going to be the character involved with the renovations of the apartment building.  Let's hope he gets involved with Mariah, not Sharon.

Capricorn

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 09:40:06 AM »
I don't know why the first thought would be the newly casted 25 year old man entangled with Sharon. Is there a picture of a man eating Sharon stuck somewhere out there?  I think we have to wait and see what he'll be building or fixing and who he's going to interact with before we start hoping who he will or will not be involved with.

DianeM

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 12:04:28 PM »
"eating Sharon" ??? ?  Oh, I hope not.  :o  That could be taken two ways.....raunchy scene or the guy is a vampire.

This is what I mean... none of your options.  :)

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=maneater
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:36:54 PM by Capricorn »

DianeM

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 01:09:38 PM »
Whew!  Thanks for the clarification.  I thought it was a typo and you meant 'dating Sharon'.