Author Topic: Winter or what?  (Read 242 times)

LongTimeFan

Winter or what?
« on: January 10, 2018, 01:40:19 AM »
We got an exterior shot of the Chancellor Mansion and it was as snowy as a Currier & Ives scene.  Then, later in the show during the girl gaggle at Sharon's place at the Ranch, they "party goers" all showed up in springtime attire and no coats on at all.  Geez!  I wish these guys would get the continuity correctly.

stpauliegirl

Re: Winter or what?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:10:57 AM »
Hilary's off the shoulder, midriff baring dress was the worst of all.  I live in a state neighboring on Wisconsin and I can tell you that this is the coldest time of the year.  Last week the temperature high's were in the low single digits and the lows were in the teens below zero.   No way anybody would wear a dress like that this time of year.

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »
And Sam's nanny came to the mausoleum wearing a windbreaker over her wide expanse of bare midriff.  Did she expect to work up a sweat caring for a month-old infant or is she teaching him yoga?

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:22:31 PM »
The show has always dressed the female characters in unseasonable attire but it's starting to look very sexist to me.  Argue all you want that everyone keeps their homes and offices at 80 degrees but, if that's the case, why are the men always in long-sleeved shirts and suit jackets?  The wardrobe incongruity is distracting.  I get that the actresses are very attractive and that TPTB want to show them off, but it's possible to still do that while dressing them in clothing appropriate to the Midwest in winter.

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 09:32:45 PM »
Not for mid-winter, but the design & pattern are cool and looked good on Hillary.
https://wornontv.net/88337/

Kai

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 05:58:06 PM »
The show has always dressed the female characters in unseasonable attire but it's starting to look very sexist to me.  Argue all you want that everyone keeps their homes and offices at 80 degrees but, if that's the case, why are the men always in long-sleeved shirts and suit jackets?  The wardrobe incongruity is distracting.  I get that the actresses are very attractive and that TPTB want to show them off, but it's possible to still do that while dressing them in clothing appropriate to the Midwest in winter.
  You took the words right out of my mouth.  It is very sexist and so unnecessary for the women to run around in such inappropriate clothes.  Half the time they look like ...dare I say it?.... hookers.  Who would go to work in a backless dress?  Come on!

DianeM

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 06:23:35 PM »
Today Sharon wore a sweater over a blouse, so she was appropriately dressed.  And she wore another sweater a few days ago.  Now if only the other women would get the message that it's winter in GC.