Author Topic: Victoria, the absent Warden  (Read 212 times)

stpauliegirl

Victoria, the absent Warden
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:44:09 PM »
Thought it was funny, and true when JT told Victoria she didn't really seem to know Reed and that if she continued to treat him like a bad kid and act like the Warden, he was sure to continue acting up.  Victoria seems to run her family the way she runs her business.  She issues a bunch of orders she expects to be obeyed, but does little follow up to see if they actually are.  You rarely see her at home spending time with her children.  If she isn't at work, she's hanging out at the GCAC or the coffee house.  She isn't spending quality time with any of her children.

deirdra

Re: Victoria, the absent Warden
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »
JT is very astute for figuring the situation out in a few days what V has not been able to discern in 2 years and I enjoyed him calling her out.  Dina could have kidnapped Johnny & Katie and Victoria wouldn't be able to tell the cops when she last saw them.

DebR

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:57:25 PM »
Although I liked J.T. Calling Victoria out on her absenteeism as a parent who is rarely home, to be fair J.T. couldn’t have been a good listener when Reed chose not to go to Poland so he ran away.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 08:14:25 AM »
Although I liked J.T. Calling Victoria out on her absenteeism as a parent who is rarely home, to be fair J.T. couldn’t have been a good listener when Reed chose not to go to Poland so he ran away.
You might be right, but Reed has shown himself to not be the most reasonable, level headed person - even for a teenager.  He seems to dig his heels in when his desires are thwarted, and doesn't always act in his own best self interest.  My mom used to call that behavior "biting off your nose to spite your face".

Peridot

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 07:29:19 PM »
Victoria seems to run her family the way she runs her business.  She issues a bunch of orders she expects to be obeyed, but does little follow up to see if they actually are.

Bingo!  Victoria is only slightly less insufferable as a parent than she is as an executive.  Actually, I found J.T.'s conversation with Victoria to be pretty realistic.  Moms and dads, even the most hands-on, usually have different parenting styles and it takes work to mesh those styles and find the happy medium that works with the kids.  J.T. isn't a perfect parent either but since he's not so close to the situation, I think he's able to offer Victoria a different perspective.  Hopefully she'll consider his words.

pcrchik

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »
their conversation seemed pretty realistic to me as well, and considering this new writing team i was pleasantly surprised actually.