Author Topic: Sharon’s “I’m fine” party MERGED The women's pow wow  (Read 375 times)

Augie

Sharon’s “I’m fine” party MERGED The women's pow wow
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »
I will truly be glad to see Sharon be honestly over Scott.  However, this giddy, gesturing, over-the-moon arm-flinging proclamation was painful to watch.  Turning the whole thing into a near disaster was a given the minute Skinnie-Minnie Hilary showed up.  Sharon handled that surprisingly well.  Hopefully the writers will settle her down and make the most of her freedom and brain cells.  She has so much potential for a really strengthened woman....on her own!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:27:09 PM by Augie »

Capricorn

Re: Sharon’s “I’m fine” party.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:05:48 PM »
If Sharon wants to throw a party to cover up her hurt feelings then hurrah for her... at least she's not sitting around weeping, going into depression over a dirty looking brillo pad or snarking at him like harpy Abby.   Eat, drink and be merry Sharon.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:22:16 PM by Capricorn »

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 04:29:31 PM »
It is sad that Sharon has no real friends other than Mariah, but I liked her attitude.  Now I hope she doesn't latch on to another man ASAP as she has done in the past.

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:01:04 PM »
Sharon is way too concerned with what other people think of her.  She didn't come off as "I'm fine" today, she came off as manic depressive.  So Sharon broke up with someone she dated for 5 minutes and lived with for all of 10.  Who cares?  But I don't think this party was really about Sharon.  I think the writers wanted an excuse to get several pairs of conflicted females together in order to generate drama.  A lame attempt IMO.  Even lamer--NuHilary trying to pass herself off as the Great Mediator.  As if.

monkeymome3

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 08:16:34 PM »
Hilary, the new Oprah?

jinx

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »
Well said, Peridot. I thought Sharon seemed totally off the rails, trying too hard to convince herself and everybody else that she's just fine. Hilary was just laughable. What makes her such an expert all of a sudden?

DianeM

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 08:22:45 PM »
Yes, manic depressive.  I wonder if she's forgotten to take her meds.  She acted pretty hyper today.

Billie

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 08:30:42 PM »
Exactly what I thought.  She was manic today but I'm not sure the writers are going in that direction.  I've been thinking for a while that Sharon has been overacting a lot lately.  I prefer more nuanced acting.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 10:29:43 PM »
I thought she seemed on the edge of hysteria.  Might be because she really is worried that people think that she will toss aside all the progress she has made and revert back to her mania behavior.  I hope she doesn't.  Scott just isn't worth it.  Had to laugh at him meeting with Devon about buying Newman's media business, something he is just an employee of, not an owner.  Can't believe Devon even bothered to listen to him.  If he doesn't like it at Newman, he should start his own business. He could blog or get freelance jobs at the thousand of online news outlets.

DebR

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 12:06:03 AM »
Sharon was just trying too hard to convince herself and others that she is FINE.  I think she has had it with men and will become stronger after this relationship. 

LongTimeFan

The women's pow wow.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 01:45:49 AM »
What a waste of time.  I thought that was one of the lamest things I've seen in a long time on Y&R.  Since when has Hillary become a cross between Oprah and Arsenio Hall?   It was painful to watch .. so dumb.

Ricky

Re: The women's pow wow.
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 02:16:11 AM »
I couldn't agree more.   That whole concept was wretchedly bad.   Hopefully everyone felt EMPOWERED by it, since they said that word about 632 times during the scene. 

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 02:18:15 AM »
Amen DebR!

monkeymome3

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 09:33:28 AM »
Add empowered to the kiss list of words I am sick of!

Miravep

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 09:45:46 AM »
Mal Young likes to do these cutesy "funny" campy scenes.  But they are wretchedly bad.  This one was embarrassing.

Miravep

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 09:51:06 AM »
I'm sure Sharon will be fine.  But she came across as manic.  There is a big, big middle ground between sobbing into coffee grounds and hysterical mania.  I would've preferred something in there.

And the whole party sequence was way too artificial and campy.  I could hardly watch it.  So contrived, just awful.  The only saving grace of the episode for me was JT's scenes.  Loved those. 

Winza

Re: Sharon’s “I’m fine” party MERGED The women's pow wow
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 12:37:59 PM »
It was really silly.  A coming together of past enemies in a social situation could have worked with good comedic actresses — I remember a scene from an old soap I watched that had four ex-wives of one character thrown together on a road trip and it was hilarious.  But the actresses and the writing was much better than the mess that we saw yesterday in the U.S.

And I know Mal Young loves Hillary and I do like the actress, but her constant about faces and then reverting back to Uber-beyotch is getting really repetitive.

Miravep

Re: Sharon’s “I’m fine” party MERGED The women's pow wow
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 02:01:00 PM »
It was really silly.  A coming together of past enemies in a social situation could have worked with good comedic actresses — I remember a scene from an old soap I watched that had four ex-wives of one character thrown together on a road trip and it was hilarious.  But the actresses and the writing was much better than the mess that we saw yesterday in the U.S.

And I know Mal Young loves Hillary and I do like the actress, but her constant about faces and then reverting back to Uber-beyotch is getting really repetitive.

Yes to all this!