Author Topic: Monday’s Show  (Read 195 times)

Winza

Monday’s Show
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:38:09 PM »
Two things struck me after watching Monday’s U.S. show.

Victoria pleasantly surprised me, for once. She alerted the Abbotts re: what she witnessed between Dina and Graham. Her hateful Dad, whom she is so similar to, would probably have used it to undermine Jack or go after Jabot while a family crisis was raging. Good going, Victoria!

Cane is just the same sexist jerk as ever. First thing he wants to do is diminish Lily’s career so he is the 
big man again and she is his “smokin’ hot wife” totally under his thumb. I don’t find him romantic. I see him as totally controlling. Don’t be stupid, Lily. Go to Paris.

LeannaLove

Re: Monday’s Showgive in
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »
I couldn't agree more Winza.  Cane needs to be reminded that it's 2018 and there's this really cool thing called FaceTime plus texting and emailing and cell phones.

After all of the shenanigans he'sser pulled on her, he owes his wife this freedom instead of pressuring her to do what he wants.  I'm afraid Lily's going to give in.  Don't do it, girl.  Go to Paris!

Penelope P Parkinfarker

Re: Monday’s Show
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »
A little off subject here but...one thing I noticed in today's show (and I'm NOT taking up for Scott) is that Victoria hardly gave Scott enough time to respond between her comments to him. She started talking before he even finished during every response. Guess she wanted to make sure he knew she was running the show (unless it was written that way).

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 03:17:57 PM »
I thoroughly agree with all the comments above.  Cane was acting like NeanderKneel who wanted to kill Dru's career and Victoria was squirrel chattering like Chelsea.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 03:38:44 PM »
Cane and all his smoking hot wife stuff nauseates me.  What's worse, one time I did an online quiz about which Y&R male is your perfect man? And my answer turned out to be Cane. Ugh, NO!

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 04:04:41 PM »
Victoria made me want to slap her in that scene with Scott.  Newsflash: cutting an employee off in mid-sentence is not a hallmark of leadership.  The woman is constantly throwing her weight around, just in case people haven't noticed she's the boss.  Infuriating.  I hope the day comes when Scott can afford to buy Hashtag and quit being henned to death by Victoria.

I've been enjoying the rapport between Cane and Charlie.  Very refreshing to see Charlie develop as a character.  He's no longer acting aggrieved and ready to throw punches in every scene.  I don't mind seeing Cane and Lily reunite but I think the trip to Paris is a good thing.  It'll give both of them a chance to reassess.

wanda

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 05:34:21 PM »
I thought today's show was really boring.

katiesbeach

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 06:15:35 PM »
Victoria made me want to slap her in that scene with Scott.  Newsflash: cutting an employee off in mid-sentence is not a hallmark of leadership.  The woman is constantly throwing her weight around, just in case people haven't noticed she's the boss.  Infuriating.  I hope the day comes when Scott can afford to buy Hashtag and quit being henned to death by Victoria.

I've been enjoying the rapport between Cane and Charlie.  Very refreshing to see Charlie develop as a character.  He's no longer acting aggrieved and ready to throw punches in every scene.  I don't mind seeing Cane and Lily reunite but I think the trip to Paris is a good thing.  It'll give both of them a chance to reassess.
I was thinking the same thing when Victoria was treating Scott that way....I was thinking what a crappy executive.  Just plain rude.

As far as Paris  -- isn't that where Lily & Cane got married the 2nd time when Katherine sent them there?  It would make a great place to reunite.....

DebR

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 11:00:48 PM »
Victoria or J.T. Alerting the Abbotts was a pleasant surprise.

Cane saying they don’t want to break the momentum their relationship is going after the kiss...if he can’t give her space and be there for her when she gets back then she should set him free. 

I really like Charlie, his acting and his monotone speaking has improved, his chip has disappeared.