Author Topic: Paris  (Read 331 times)

SarahTheCat

Paris
« on: January 06, 2018, 09:12:48 AM »
Abby told Scott she is going to Paris with Lily. I hope this is Melissa Ordway's maternity leave and that Lily comes back with an explanation as to why Abby is staying in Paris for a while.

Now, to find a way to get Scott off screen.

Peridot

Re: Paris
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 09:27:10 AM »
Yep, Abby's assignment in Paris is no doubt a way to accommodate the actress's maternity leave.  Wonder how long she'll be gone.  I figure this is a good device to allow Scott and Abby some breathing room.  Thank goodness we aren't going to have to listen to various characters trying to dissect the meaning of their latest KISS.  Maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder and Abby and Scott will realize they can't live without each other.  Or, their attraction will fizzle, never to be revisited again.  Maybe Scott will decide both Sharon and Abby come with way too much drama, and forge a relationship with someone more down-to-earth, like Mariah.  Lauren needs someone new to complain about, after all.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:49:40 AM »
It is definitely a device to accommodate MO's maternity leave.  Wonder how they will handle the fact that she actually gave birth a month early?  My guess is that there will be a B&S European emergency that need her immediate attention.  So sudden that she will be gone without warning.

monkeymome3

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 12:14:43 PM »
I have a feeling it won't be Lily going on this trip with Abby, it will be Scott.  Lily and Cane are going to get back together and she won't want to go away. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 12:49:08 PM »
I have a feeling it won't be Lily going on this trip with Abby, it will be Scott.  Lily and Cane are going to get back together and she won't want to go away.

I'm thinking Lily will just be gone a day or two, and Abby will stay for a few weeks or months.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 12:51:29 PM »
It is definitely a device to accommodate MO's maternity leave.  Wonder how they will handle the fact that she actually gave birth a month early?  My guess is that there will be a B&S European emergency that need her immediate attention.  So sudden that she will be gone without warning.

Maybe the writers put the Paris thing in without saying when, so that there is flexibility to just say "Abby's in Paris" whenever they need to say it.

Or maybe MO had a planned induction or C-sect for medical reasons we didn't hear about, and that the writers knew exactly when she'd be leaving.  This wouldn't normally even have occurred to me, but my niece just had a planned c-section ahead of her due date.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 12:52:53 PM »
Maybe Scott will decide both Sharon and Abby come with way too much drama, and forge a relationship with someone more down-to-earth, like Mariah.

I don't think Mariah would be interested in dating the man who cheated on her mother. Mariah's very supportive of Sharon. But then, who knows - the writers pull crap like this without regard to how a character really ought to behave.

lawgirl

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 02:03:43 PM »
Interesting that Lily is going to Paris.  I guess that Cane will join her there and they will reunite.

deirdra

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 02:35:43 PM »
I suspect a trip out of town was planned in advance and MO was not scheduled to work right up to her due date in case of an early delivery (shooting extra scenes early).

I too suspect Lily will stay home or rush home to be with Cane (who is acting a lot like Daddy Kneel who pestered Dru to give up her career for him).

franniep51

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 11:17:14 PM »
Interesting that Lily is going to Paris.  I guess that Cane will join her there and they will reunite.

That's what I thought. I want them back together but I don't want to go through a lot of sex scenes.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 06:31:34 AM »
I don't want the couple back together again.  He's a liar and he'll lie again if he's backed into a corner.

Cane is a character I just can't warm up to.

monkeymome3

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »
They are all liars and cheats.  Doesn't matter who is with whom. 

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 11:34:22 AM »
Yes they all cheat... Lily cheated with Joe Clark and she was the aggressor.    But that's what the norm is on every soap I've ever watched, so it doesn't matter to me if they get back together or not.