Author Topic: I must have missed something  (Read 307 times)

wanda

I must have missed something
« on: January 05, 2018, 06:27:13 PM »
I'm watching today's US episode right now. In the recaps (which I like) it showed Sharon grinding a ring into the ground with her foot. Then today I tink Abby had the ring when she was telling Scott that Sharon dropped his tnings off at Abby's place. How did I miss that? I'm sure I watched the whole episode yesterday.

monkeymome3

Re: I must have missed something
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:56:42 PM »
Sharon did grind it into the dirt yesterday in front of Abby's door.  How it ended up in "Scotts things" I don't know, you would have to have looked for it in the dirt but anyway.......plot device.  But with the new previews before each episode, I often feel like I missed something.

jeanvn

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 06:59:40 PM »
I think that it's one of those read between the lines.  I know that I didn't miss anything either.  Didn't expect to see Sharon grind it into the dirt. Very dramatic.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 07:03:40 PM »
I took it to mean that Scott picked it up after Sharon ground it into the dirt and walked away to her house.  I don't think any man would just leave a diamond ring sitting in the dirt. 

wanda

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 07:12:03 PM »
Did the ring grinding scene happen at the very end yesterday and was it at Sharon's house?

monkeymome3

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 07:28:22 PM »
Did the ring grinding scene happen at the very end yesterday and was it at Sharon's house?
It was at the end but it happened in front of Abby's door (the tacky house)

DianeM

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 07:36:58 PM »
I think Abby gave it back to Scott in today's episode.  Don't know how much it cost him, but you'd think he would have picked it up after she ground her shoe over it. 

Augie

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »
I thought I missed something..too....after Abby slammed her (or whoeverís) door in Scottís face....next thing Iím seeing is Abby all in heavy make-up and in Scottís car with him.  Why would she get in his car after that fiasco?   I trust it was the next day but I donít like this chopped up writing at all. 

monkeymome3

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 08:36:49 PM »
I thought I missed something..too....after Abby slammed her (or whoeverís) door in Scottís face....next thing Iím seeing is Abby all in heavy make-up and in Scottís car with him.  Why would she get in his car after that fiasco?   I trust it was the next day but I donít like this chopped up writing at all.
It was Abby's car

Augie

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 09:00:26 PM »
It was Abby's car
Oh, thanks.....but why would she let him in her car then?  Maybe I missed the first few minutes, I can be a twit sometimes.

Ricky

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 09:34:03 PM »

Yes, the last we saw of Abby on Thursday's show, she was slamming the door of her Tacky House in Scotty's face.   She'd just opened her front door to find Sharon angrily throwing Scott's belongings in Abby's yard --- I noticed that a hairbrush or comb was NOT included in Scott's belongings.   Included in the belongings (which didn't include a razor or a comb or a bar of soap) was an engagement ring.   Sharon angrily stomped the engagment ring into the ground wearing her Miscarriage Boots (those same tall-heeled boots that she always starts galloping around in when she's hoping to trip, fall over flat on her face, and miscarry one of Nicholas's children).   Abby saw all of this idiotic commotion and slammed the Tacky House door in their faces.

At the beginning of Friday's episode (which was indeed a whole new day in Genoa City), Abby was sitting behind the wheel of her car putting on lipstick.   The passenger door of her car was unlocked.   Freezing rain or sleet was rolling down the windshield.   The car radio was on, and a meterologist was announcing that today's weather in Genoa City is windy, cold, and overcast.    (And this made absolutely NO sense, because in the previous scene, Billy had come down the stairs of Phyllis's apartment dressed in his Co-CEO suit, and the view outside Phyllis's windows showed skyscrapers standing in blazing sunlight.)    Anyway, Scott threw open the passenger door of Abby's car in the freezing rain/sleet/snow that wasn't falling nearby at Billy and Phyllis's apartment, hopped into the vehicle with Abby, and Abby snarled at him "Get out of my car!!!   I have mace!!!"   He didn't get out of the car, and she started taunting him with the engagement ring that he'd pranced off and left in her yard the previous day when he'd hastily run off to throw more grease in his filthy-looking hair.     

Augie

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 10:47:40 PM »

Yes, the last we saw of Abby on Thursday's show, she was slamming the door of her Tacky House in Scotty's face.   She'd just opened her front door to find Sharon angrily throwing Scott's belongings in Abby's yard --- I noticed that a hairbrush or comb was NOT included in Scott's belongings.   Included in the belongings (which didn't include a razor or a comb or a bar of soap) was an engagement ring.   Sharon angrily stomped the engagment ring into the ground wearing her Miscarriage Boots (those same tall-heeled boots that she always starts galloping around in when she's hoping to trip, fall over flat on her face, and miscarry one of Nicholas's children).   Abby saw all of this idiotic commotion and slammed the Tacky House door in their faces.

At the beginning of Friday's episode (which was indeed a whole new day in Genoa City), Abby was sitting behind the wheel of her car putting on lipstick.   The passenger door of her car was unlocked.   Freezing rain or sleet was rolling down the windshield.   The car radio was on, and a meterologist was announcing that today's weather in Genoa City is windy, cold, and overcast.    (And this made absolutely NO sense, because in the previous scene, Billy had come down the stairs of Phyllis's apartment dressed in his Co-CEO suit, and the view outside Phyllis's windows showed skyscrapers standing in blazing sunlight.)    Anyway, Scott threw open the passenger door of Abby's car in the freezing rain/sleet/snow that wasn't falling nearby at Billy and Phyllis's apartment, hopped into the vehicle with Abby, and Abby snarled at him "Get out of my car!!!   I have mace!!!"   He didn't get out of the car, and she started taunting him with the engagement ring that he'd pranced off and left in her yard the previous day when he'd hastily run off to throw more grease in his filthy-looking hair.   
Well thanks loads for all the superb details Ricky....I enjoyed them more than the show.  I wondered what clown had put Abbyís horrid lipstick on.  Should have known it was a home-made-from scratch job by herself.  Iíd have been quicker with the door thingy and let him freeze.

wanda

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 10:50:22 PM »
Thanks everyone for filling me in.

Miravep

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 09:18:43 AM »
And in Abby's next scene with Scott in the Newman break room, she was no longer wearing the dark lipstick.  She had on pink lipstick instead.  But then at the end of the episode when she called Lily, she had the dark lipstick again.  You know I'm bored with Abby's scenes when I'm noticing continuity errors.

Soaprah

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 09:39:01 AM »
I didn't see the episode. I'd much rather have some laughs as I read Ricky's recaps. In fact, I laughed out loud three times in the first paragraph alone, the loudest being at the "Miscarriage Boots"! Thank you, Ricky ;D

deirdra

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »
Talk of the Miscarriage Boots reminded me that Sharon was also wearing boots like that when she twisted her knee while going for her one and only walk around the grounds and kitchen-remodeler Dullan saved her and carried her back into the house and they fell in love and (much later) lost imaginary Sully.