Author Topic: Who else thinks Graham was involved in the Christian incident?  (Read 528 times)

stpauliegirl

Who else thinks Graham was involved in the Christian incident?
« on: January 04, 2018, 03:47:31 PM »
I think he took advantage of the situation and somehow got Dina to believe Christian was Jack and that she needed to take him home.  We know Dina wants Graham to come back as her caretaker from yesterday's scene when she was shown running off another nurse candidate.  She told Jack something to the effect that only one person would do for her.  I assumed she meant Graham.  Perhaps she has been in communication with him during lucid moments.  I find it highly suspicious that Graham was at the restaurant when the fight started and Christian was unattended and when Dina had a stop to make on her way home from Jabot.  She might have just been planning on meeting Graham and the club and the opportunity to snatch Christian was an unintended opportunity.  Jack and Ashley seem to finally realize Dina needs full time care and only one person would acceptable to her.

Poor Nick.  First Dina burns down his bar, now she snatches his son.

deirdra

Re: Who else thinks Graham was involved in the Christian incident?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 04:31:46 PM »
I don't necessarily think Graham was plotting the kidnapping of Christian, I think he may have phoned to tell Dina to meet him at the Club, she walked in, switched to non-lucidity, saw "Jackie" in the crowd and took him home, forgetting why she was even went to the Club.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 06:31:57 PM »
I don't necessarily think Graham was plotting the kidnapping of Christian, I think he may have phoned to tell Dina to meet him at the Club, she walked in, switched to non-lucidity, saw "Jackie" in the crowd and took him home, forgetting why she was even went to the Club.

That sounds plausible. Because otherwise, telling the driver you need to go there first is rather random.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 08:02:51 PM »
..and there wasn't one security camera in the whole building which would have seen what happened to the boy?

jinx

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:20:11 PM »
I want to know how Dina got Christian home without her driver seeing him. Did she smuggle him in her purse?

DianeM

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 09:40:22 PM »
I'd like to know where Devon was.  He's always hanging around the dining area. 

DebR

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 11:27:16 PM »
Christian must be a mellow child to go willingly with an elderly woman he didnít know.  I think Graham just happened to be there and took advantage of the situation. I donít think he is a kidnapper

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:29:33 PM »
I'd like to know where Devon was.  He's always hanging around the dining area. 

And Lily.   She's normally standing at the bottom of the stairs or just inside the revolving door saying, "Let's talk some more about the KISS, Abby!  We haven't discussed the KISS nearly enough yet!   I've detected that four of our viewers haven't quite passed out from boredom yet hearing us babble about the KISS." 

deirdra

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 12:54:11 PM »
Christian was probably hiding under that red-draped table in the middle of the hall that Lauren & Abby walked around but didn't check under while "searching" and ranting.  Hint: when searching for a toddler, get down to his level.

Ricky

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 02:35:17 PM »
For a while there, I was afraid Christian might've been hiding under that raggedy-looking, cheap-ass WEAVE that Lauren had picked-up at the Hooker Flea Market during the half-price sale and threw over her head prior to her business meeting with Chelsea.   Fortunately we could tell that he wasn't hiding in Lauren's dress that she'd also picked-up at the Hooker Flea Market half-price sale, because there was nothing in there but skin, skin and more skin.   And all of it was Aging Hooker Skin;  none was Tiny Tot Christian Skin.       

Maple Leaf

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 02:46:49 PM »
LOL Ricky!

Linds

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 06:16:48 PM »
StPauliegirl, you were right!!! Graham was involved. Little snake. Wonder what his game plan is now.

pcrchik

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 06:34:34 PM »
For a while there, I was afraid Christian might've been hiding under that raggedy-looking, cheap-ass WEAVE that Lauren had picked-up at the Hooker Flea Market during the half-price sale and threw over her head prior to her business meeting with Chelsea.   Fortunately we could tell that he wasn't hiding in Lauren's dress that she'd also picked-up at the Hooker Flea Market half-price sale, because there was nothing in there but skin, skin and more skin.   And all of it was Aging Hooker Skin;  none was Tiny Tot Christian Skin.       

hilarious!

monkeymome3

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 07:29:57 PM »
They are going to need Graham's help, I assume.  Dina wants him around and it's her life, after all.  They need to try and get along with him.

Peridot

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 09:32:17 AM »
Know what kills me about Graham?  Dina forgets that Traci is her own daughter, thinks Jack is still a little boy, mistakes Michael for Phillip Chancellor, but she always, always remembers Graham.  Even when he's not present.  Weird.

Soaprah

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 09:42:07 AM »
Know what kills me about Graham?  Dina forgets that Traci is her own daughter, thinks Jack is still a little boy, mistakes Michael for Phillip Chancellor, but she always, always remembers Graham.  Even when he's not present.  Weird.

And more evidence of poor writing, in this case, not doing research on what really happens when someone has Alzheimer's.

deirdra

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 03:05:13 PM »
Actually this sort of thing does happen with Alzheimer's.  Dina always enjoyed the attentions of men and caregivers can become more memorable than family, so I thought it was believable that she remembered Graham the best.  The generations often get mixed up, but having two Jackies in the room at the same time doesn't conflict in their minds.  My mother knew my brother was her son, but sometimes referred to him as our Dad, since he was playing the Dad role in the house.  Luckily my mother never forgot who we children were, but would have times when she acted like it was 1949 or 1964 or 1977 or 1986 and would put people into the available slots for the time frame she was in.  So my 12-yr old niece was occasionally mistaken for her 67 yr old aunt (if Mom was in a 1970s mindset) and she does look just like my sister did at the same age.  Dina's mistaking Michael for Phillip Chancellor was very believable from my experience, since both have short brown hair and brown eyes and are not part of her family.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:15:16 PM by deirdra »

Capricorn

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 03:15:51 PM »
Agreed deirdra!  A lot of times Alzheimer's patients always seem to recognise their caretakers because it's their "now" life.  It might be that in a month or so she will think Graham is someone else.   One think I do notice is that Dina hates other women, she's snarky and insulting to all women whether she recognises them or not.

Soaprah

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 06:33:01 PM »
I think it must vary from person to person, and minute to minute, which must be part of the challenge for the medical profession.
My sister was the caretaker of an elderly woman with Alzheimer's. Every day, my sister would stand at the woman's door for at least ten minutes, trying to persuade her to let my sister in. Then when it was time for my sister to go, the woman would beg my sister to stay.

deirdra

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 07:33:07 PM »
One think I do notice is that Dina hates other women, she's snarky and insulting to all women whether she recognises them or not.
She's probably always had a problem with other women, as she liked being the center of attention, and it comes out in spades now that she has no filter. I think Brent Davis' chasing other women was what made her dump him, not the fact that he was "beneath" her in the social strata.

Billie

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 08:41:57 PM »
True, although she seems to have fond memories of Kay Chancellor,

SarahTheCat

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 09:11:38 PM »

And more evidence of poor writing, in this case, not doing research on what really happens when someone has Alzheimer's.

But maybe this ISN'T poor writing... Alzheimers varies a lot from person to person. How do we know this isn't possible?

stpauliegirl

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 11:11:23 PM »
Up until recently, Dina hadn't seen her children for years, but Graham had been part of her life every day.  Makes sense to me that is why, in her non-lucid moments, Dina remembers her children as children, since that is when she was last involved in their day to day life, and remembers Graham as he is, because that is the only way she has known him.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2018, 12:32:50 AM »
Up until recently, Dina hadn't seen her children for years, but Graham had been part of her life every day.  Makes sense to me that is why, in her non-lucid moments, Dina remembers her children as children, since that is when she was last involved in their day to day life, and remembers Graham as he is, because that is the only way she has known him.

Makes sense to me!

Maple Leaf

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 06:36:02 AM »
My mother in law has dementia and she only remembers vividly the time in her life when she was happy with her ex-husband which was short lived as they had a bad divorce in the middle 70's.  Shortly after the divorce, she met the love of her life and they had a happy and fun relationship until he died 15 years ago.  She talks nothing of him or remembers their time together. 

This storyline affects a lot of fans and I think it deserves an Emmy.

LeannaLove

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 04:24:48 PM »
The thing that baffles me most in the whole Christian incident, no matter who was or wasn't involved, is how the culprit escaped the security cameras. 

Capricorn

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »
They went out the back door, which may or may not have a security camera.   They apparently got transported to the Abbott house via Graham and not by taxi or the driver Jack called to take Dina home.

The whole thing is just bad writing.   As far as I see Mal Young it a pitiful excuse of a Soap Opera writer.   He might have been a fantastic writer and producer for everything else he has ever done but he's piss poor in his writing job for Y&R... he should have stayed as the executive producer and leave the writing to the experienced Sally Sussman.

Peridot

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2018, 05:01:57 PM »
Alzheimer's does vary a lot from person to person.  My husband's grandmother had it.  She seemed to forget people in stages.  Grandchildren first, then her children a bit later.  Most people I know whose parents suffer from Alzheimer's describe them as similar to Dina's scene with Traci.  When their kids come to visit they don't recognize them as their offspring, just this nice person who comes to see them on a regular basis.  Sad, though, however it manifests.

franniep51

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 11:12:39 PM »
Both of my parents had dementia and they were affected differently. My friend's mother had Alzheimer's and had to be watched because she kep wandering off. I read where an Alzheimer's association has been advising the writers. I think the portrayal is accurate   It surely has touched my heart.

Im wondering if there hasn't been some sort of clause written into the papers that Graham has that states Dina's wishes to go to a care facility. He could be following them. I'm just hoping there isn't anything planned to tell a story of elder abuse.