Author Topic: Christian ending up at the Abbott house  (Read 392 times)

SAlby

Christian ending up at the Abbott house
« on: January 04, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
how in the world is this realistic in any way, shape, or form?!?!  How stupid do the writers think we are?

First off, how did nobody notice Jack's mom stroll into the club, walk through the dining room, grab Christian, and then walk out with him?

Secondly, the driver just la-dee-daws when she comes back to the car with a random child?  Say nothing about driving around without a car seat?

And thirdly, Paul said club security checked to tapes and didn't see any of this happening!?!

This whole thing is just ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katiesbeach

Re: Christian ending up at the Abbott house
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 03:01:05 PM »
Sloppy writing all the way around.

It would have been easier to swallow if Connor had wandered off in the confusion and Dina found him wandering around and took him to another table or room.

I guess they needed to kill 2 birds with one stone by showing us (once again) how far gone she is...

deirdra

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:10:49 PM »
It was so odd that I rewound to see Dina in a pink robe or casual top; she got mad and went upstairs just as Ashley's lawyer & Michael arrived.  Jack & Michael were in the living room the whole time, in full view of the stairs, so how could they not notice Dina in a blue outfit coming down the stairs to go out on a kidnapping trip and sneak back upstairs with "Jackie"?  Or does the Abbott mansion have a back stairs that nobody ever found before (Mrs. Martinez uses the main stairway)?  Does Dina have Jack's driver on speed dial? What if Jack needs him?

Where did Y&R find that bad actor who didn't know enough to take off his winter gloves before removing his coat?  Did he win a reality TV contest?  He was talking twice as loud (and obnoxiously) as everyone else, as if his only acting experience was on stage in school plays with no microphones.

I was surprised that Jack knew how to make hot cocoa and serve it on a lovely tray.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:19:09 PM by deirdra »

SarahTheCat

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »
That sounds completely ridiculous. (I haven't seen it)

stpauliegirl

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 03:36:11 PM »
I think Dina snatched Christian on her way home from Jabot.  She told the driver she had a stop on the way home.  I think that stop was at the GCAC.  I also think that Graham had something to do with this.  I think he wants the Abbotts to realize they can't care for Dina on their own so they will ask him back. He might have told her Christian was "Jackie" and helped Dina spirit him out of the club.   Dina already drove a couple of day nurses away and she told Jack that only one person would suit her.  I assume she is referring to Graham.

I do wonder why the driver didn't say anything to anyone.  Presumably he knows who the family members are and know that there are no children or grandchildren as young as Christian in the Abbott family.  You would think he'd tell someone that Dina went into the GCAC and came out with a toddler.

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »
I think Dina snatched Christian on her way home from Jabot.  She told the driver she had a stop on the way home.
That's what I originally thought, but it didn't fit with Mal Young's professed one show represents one day scheme unless it was a really jumbled day, prompting me to re-watch to see what people were wearing (or not wearing in Lauren's case). It seemed to be the next morning when C&C's babysitter called in sick and Ashley, Jack & Dina in her pink at-home outfit were at home.  If Mal Young wants to have one day per show and show scenes in random order, please warn us!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 05:41:41 PM »
   Dina already drove a couple of day nurses away and she told Jack that only one person would suit her.  I assume she is referring to Graham.

She actually said there were only 2 people that she trusted to look after her (one of them being Jack)... and Jack replied that Graham wasn't coming back.

And yes, the driver should have said something. Actually, the driver should have been filled in on her condition, and given instructions that he needs to park the car, get out, and accompany her if there's no trusted family member with her.

After Dina burned down the Underground, the family should KNOW not to let her go anywhere on her own. And put security codes on the outside doors so she can't sneak out.  Anyone who's dealt with a family member with Alzheimers ought to know the dangers.

The writers are being absolutely ridiculous right now. 

Penelope P Parkinfarker

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 06:56:24 PM »
I actually heard Dina say she stopped at the club, found Jackie there and got a cab home. It was said very quickly.

We were discussing it on Facebook. Jack gave his driver orders to take his mother home. Unless the driver was not aware of Dina's condition (because they do tend to keep things hush-hush), how was Dina able to convince the driver to let her make a stop? If she took a taxi home, evidently the driver dropped her off there and left. Doesn't make sense!

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 07:20:57 PM »
Yes, it does seem odd, with all the people running around the GCAC and all the surveillance supposedly in place, that no one noticed Dina take off with Christian.  Especially since Dina must be a noted figure around town.  The Abbotts better hope that Nick doesn't sue them.  Dina has already destroyed his club, caused a big insurance headache, and put people's lives in danger.  Now she's kidnapped his kid.  Too bad it took something of this nature for Jack and Ashley to finally get a clue that they can't handle Dina, and Jabot, all on their own.

Capricorn

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »
Tomorrow's US show (Jan.5, 2018) will explain it all.  And no there was no plan, it just happened to work out the way it did.

monkeymome3

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 07:52:25 PM »
Pretty sure the club has cameras on the front door

Maple Leaf

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »
What taxi driver would put a two year old in his car without a car seat?  It's again the law. 

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
You saw the show today Maple Leaf... I'm not sure taking Christian involved a taxi driver.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 08:00:27 PM »
Yes, you're right.  I realize now how they got home.  Nonetheless, Christian's life was endangered because he wasn't in the proper seat. 

If I were Nick, I would have pressed a little harder about how he got to the Abbott home and who drove them there. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 08:17:25 PM »
Yes, it does seem odd, with all the people running around the GCAC and all the surveillance supposedly in place, that no one noticed Dina take off with Christian.  Especially since Dina must be a noted figure around town.  The Abbotts better hope that Nick doesn't sue them.  Dina has already destroyed his club, caused a big insurance headache, and put people's lives in danger.  Now she's kidnapped his kid.  Too bad it took something of this nature for Jack and Ashley to finally get a clue that they can't handle Dina, and Jabot, all on their own.

They should have realized it after Dina burnt down the Underground. She never should have been unsupervised after that.

deirdra

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
If they are going to keep Dina at home, they need to rearrange the living room so that the couch doesn't have its back to the stairs.  She also needs alarms on her bedroom, front & back doors or an ankle monitor.  They actually make ankle monitors for such cases; not as heavy as the ones for criminals since frail elderly people don't usually have the strength & access to bolt cutters to break free of the light weight monitors. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:42:14 PM by deirdra »

SarahTheCat

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 09:38:06 AM »
If they are going to keep Dina at home, they need to rearrange the living room so that the couch doesn't have its back to the stairs.  She also needs alarms on her bedroom, front & back doors or an ankle monitor.  They actually make ankle monitors for such cases; not as heavy as the ones for criminals since frail elderly people don't usually have the strength & access to bolt cutters to break free of the light weight monitors.

And they should move her bedroom to the main floor, because she will gradually have difficulty walking, and going up and down the stairs won't be safe.

lawgirl

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 02:48:22 PM »
how in the world is this realistic in any way, shape, or form?!?!  How stupid do the writers think we are?
This whole thing is just ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we are going to have to give up on expecting this to make sense.  And, the way this is being written, I think the writers believe that we are just as addled as Dina!!

jinx

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 03:21:47 PM »
So Graham did help Dina take Christian. What about her driver? Didn't Jack tell him to take Dina home? She asked him to make a quick stop on the way. Did he just drop her off and leave her? The whole thing is just stupid.

That's not the only thing that's stupid. Graham shows up at the Abbott home, talks his way in at Dina's insistence and locks Traci out. Jack and Ashley arrive and Jack plays Mr. Macho about taking care of Graham himself. Can they say Trespassing? Call the police!

LeannaLove

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 10:47:54 AM »
Yes, I chuckled at how Traci was made to stand outside in the Wisconsin winter cold.  It's too bad -- the actress who plays Dina is giving us an amazing portrayal of someone in the grips of this terrible disease (Emmy-worthy IMO.)  All of this in spite of the sketchy writing and the at-times buffoonish supporting cast.