Author Topic: Everybody hates Scott.....  (Read 422 times)

Augie

Everybody hates Scott.....
« on: January 04, 2018, 01:46:32 PM »
First off, I’ll say he is not the only one at fault here.  Abby went into those kisses full-bore as well even though Scott initialized it.  True, she was coaxed into it but she went along and didn’t exactly hate it.  Anyway, watching Sharon stick to her guns was a joy to watch.  I was afraid she was a goner when Scott showed her the ring, but she dropped it and ground it in the dirt with her boot.  She is going to be interesting from here on and seeing strength gives me the happy dance thing.  (You don’t want to see that) 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:42:04 PM by Augie »

katiesbeach

Re: Everybody hates Scott.....
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 03:03:01 PM »
I don't love Abby, but she had a point.  Scott was the one in a relationship, not her.  However, her point may have been better heard if she hadn't had an affair with her neice's husband as well.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:40:07 PM »
Abby was an equal participant and she knew Scott was in a relationship, so she doesn't get a pass just because she was single at the time.  Guess she really doesn't want Scott now that he is available.  Guess he will have to move back in with Mommy.  Speaking of Mommy, I was surprised at Lauren't reaction.  I thought she'd be thrilled Sharon and Scott's relationship was over.  Also thought she would be thrilled he might be involved with Abby.  Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by her reaction.

katiesbeach

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 06:19:30 PM »
I'm not saying that Abby should get a free pass, but she wasn't the one making promises to someone else.  Also, Abby obviously was never taught that you shouldn't get involved with someone else's man. She didn't have the best examples to live by....

Penelope P Parkinfarker

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 06:59:44 PM »
Some characters are given a free pass, after they've done terrible things and some are ostracized forever. I don't get it. I guess it depends on "who you are".

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »
Normally I find Lauren's lectures to Scott annoying but today she had a point.  Scott had no business moving in with Sharon if he was attracted to Abby.  If he thought the attraction was a passing thing he could've continued to date Sharon without entering into a living arrangement, and taken time to see if the attraction would grow or fizzle.  No woman wants to believe that her man is pursuing a deeper commitment in order to get another woman out of his head.  I was surprised by the wedding ring.  Scott isn't ready to marry anyone and IMO the ring was just another step in the wrong direction.

Although Sharon is the injured party here I think she's kidding herself about a future with Scott.  IRL I've seldom observed a successful long-term relationship between people with a significant difference in age and life experience.  Sooner or later the younger one almost always develops an attraction to someone more age appropriate, or the older one grows impatient with the fact that the younger has yet to catch up to them in maturity and experience.  Sharon was doing just fine without a love interest before Scott.  They should've allowed her to be without a man for more than 15 minutes.

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 07:54:29 PM »
Sharon isn't kidding herself about a future with Scott.  She told him to get lost, she's not having anything to do with him anymore.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
I was all set to rag on Lauren, but she did make sense while talking to Scott.  On the other hand, how uncomfortable was it for Scott to see his mother dressed like a floozy?  ;)

BONNIEJ

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »
I was almost sure that Sharon was going to cave after seeing that ring. As I was sitting on my couch yelling "NO! Sharon don't fall for it, tell him you don't need no stinkin' man!!" Sharon could be a strong woman, but the writers feel the need to show her as a weak, crazy woman. Maybe I want Sharon to be strong because I recently also was screwed over in an 18 year relationship, and got out of it, because I realized " I don't need no stinkin' man to be happy. Lol I was so happy when she dropped that ring and grounded into the dirt.

Ricky

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 11:22:52 PM »
Sharon was doing just fine without a love interest before Scott.  They should've allowed her to be without a man for more than 15 minutes.

That's what kinda RUINS the drama for me.   Sharon doesn't even know Scott.   What's she so upset about?   Scott helped her with her psychology homework a few times.    They drank a cup of coffee together once or twice.   He told her that he doesn't like Halloween.    They had about two dates.   She fell on her back and threw her legs open.   Then she asked him to move in with her.   Then she started babbling about how much she loves him.   Now she finds out he's "kissing Abby all over town".   I really don't see how this is some great romance gone wrong.   Less than a year ago, Sharon was blubbering about Boring Old Dylan being the great love of her life.   Now she's acting like this silly unwashed kid with oatmeal on his head is the great love of her life.  She doesn't even know this dude.     

DebR

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 11:33:47 PM »
It doesn’t matter if Scott was in a relationship and Abby wasn’t.  They both made a choice to kiss and have sex, no one forced them to.  He was living with a woman and her children and Abby knew it, both are wrong.

Peridot

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 09:07:04 AM »
I agree with Ricky.  I was actually disappointed when Sharon asked Scott to cohabit.  Since Scott and Abby's attraction was evident to me I could already see the writing on the wall.  They had a really nice friendship going.  There was no need to insert a romance unless the writers were just aching to create a Sharon/Scott/Abby triangle.  Scott seemed to spend not one minute asking himself whether moving in with Sharon was appropriate.  And Sharon gave no thought to whether it was wise to ask a man barely older than her own children to make that kind of commitment.  Hopefully Sharon will stick to her guns, now that she's given Scott the old heave-ho.  But I'm just as willing to bet she'll go back to Scott, blubbering about how much she loves him and can't wait to be his Grunge Bride.  Every time I think the writers are about to give us a new, stronger Sharon they cave and hand this poor character the same old tired material.

DianeM

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 11:02:59 AM »
I hope the actor doesn't have a long-term contract with Y&R because I'd really like him to take that job in NYC.  I don't believe he's the settling down type of guy...at least not in GC.

carolinagirl2001

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 01:06:07 PM »
Both of them are guilty.  Abby has been a cheater before, so she KNEW exactly what she was doing.

LeannaLove

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 04:08:50 PM »
I think they're equally guilty but as usual, the Newman gets the free pass and climbs up on their high horse about all of it.  The other party is always is vilified.

wanda

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
I think they're equally guilty but as usual, the Newman gets the free pass and climbs up on their high horse about all of it.  The other party is always is vilified.

Yep. Totally agree.

franniep51

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 10:52:41 PM »
It doesn’t matter if Scott was in a relationship and Abby wasn’t.  They both made a choice to kiss and have sex, no one forced them to.  He was living with a woman and her children and Abby knew it, both are wrong.

I totally agree. If you go by Abby's reasoning a single woman fooling around with a married man would have no fault.  (I have been in Sharon's shoes and confronted the other woman, didn't slap her, but let's just say I got my point across.  And my ex has met with karma.)  What makes this matter worse is that Abby interfered in a situation that affects her own niece. Both Scott and Abby are at fault. Hopefully they will get their just desserts.