Author Topic: Christian, come to Mommy  (Read 366 times)

Linds

Christian, come to Mommy
« on: January 04, 2018, 02:38:28 AM »
I didn't realize she was actually referring to herself as Christian's mommy. Interesting since they aren't married and she hasn't legally adopted him. 

Soaprah

Re: Christian, come to Mommy
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:34:32 AM »
I noticed that too, and it reminded me that Christian is Connor's half-brother, son of her late husband, so it makes sense that Chelsea would feel a motherly bond with him.

monkeymome3

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:51:03 AM »
I noticed that too.  It sounded not right for some reason

Linds

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:53:39 AM »
I noticed that too, and it reminded me that Christian is Connor's half-brother, son of her late husband, so it makes sense that Chelsea would feel a motherly bond with him.

Oh, it totally makes sense that she would feel motherly towards him. I just wasn't aware that not only is she is acting mother, she is referring to herself that way. Unless it was a slip up on the writers part or MCE's part.. or even a red herring.

Linds

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:54:01 AM »
I noticed that too.  It sounded not right for some reason

To me as well! That is why it stuck out, it was slightly awkward.

DianeM

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »
Since Nick and Chelsea are a couple and living together, what else would he call her?  He never knew his real mother, and Chelsea is acting as a substitute.

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 12:23:42 PM »
Connor is calling her Mommy and they are being bought up as brothers so it's only natural for Christian to call her the same thing he hears Connor calling her.  I don't find it strange, it seems quite natural to me.

deirdra

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 01:10:24 PM »
It sounded odd when she said it, but it makes sense since Christian was too young to speak when Sharon gave him back and Connor calls Chelsea "Mommy", so I'd expect Christian to follow suit.  But what does Connor call Nick?  He learned to speak when not-Billy was living with Chelsea; he may not remember Adam-Daddy except for the photos around the apartment and Chelsea remembering Adam to Connor on a few occasions.  Christian would call Nick "Daddy" since they grew up together in the Tiny Tacky Shack.  No wonder Connor often looks bewildered (except at the sight of the Abby-Sharon scream-fest with Lauren's mammary display as the side show).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:18:45 PM by deirdra »

franniep51

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 01:34:06 PM »
I agree with Capricorn. It doesn't sound strange to me at all. Kids call others as they hear them being addressed. I had to correct my grand daughters because they heard their mom call me Mom so they wanted to call me momma, too.  Chelsea couldn't Have Conner calling her momma and the other calling her Chelsea or Aunt or whatever their custom would be.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 02:48:26 PM »
It doesn't sound strange to me either, but in old writing, I think we would have seen a scene where Nick and Chelsea discuss what Connor and Christian call their parent's partner.  It's a significant step in a relationship when you have the other person's child call you mom or dad. You really have to be committed to each other.

katiesbeach

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 02:57:14 PM »
I haven't watched for awhile, and caught yesterday and today's eps, so I noticed that Nick was using 'our son' and 'our child' a lot.  They usually do this right after they pull the rug out from under the happy family unit.

I also noticed that Nick reverted back to 'my son' when he was blaming Chelsea for not watching 'his son' close enough.

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 03:02:27 PM »
I noticed that Nick was using 'our son' and 'our child' a lot.  They usually do this right after they pull the rug out from under the happy family unit.
Exactly.  With Jordan rumoured to be returning and Victor & Chelsea's pact, the truth cannot come out soon enough for me. 

Linds

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 07:25:13 PM »
I'm a very literal person so its hard for me to wrap my mind around "fill in" titles when in month or so Nick could breakup with Chelsea.  Is she still Mommy? So it might feel natural but to me there isn't enough commitment there for this to work.

DianeM

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 08:17:29 PM »
They think they're committed, so I can understand why they have Christian calling Chelsea 'Mommy'.  We, on the other hand, are pretty sure that things are going to break them up.

lawgirl

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 02:53:56 PM »
I haven't watched for awhile, and caught yesterday and today's eps, so I noticed that Nick was using 'our son' and 'our child' a lot.  They usually do this right after they pull the rug out from under the happy family unit.

I also noticed that Nick reverted back to 'my son' when he was blaming Chelsea for not watching 'his son' close enough.

I think we're seeing the beginning of the end of Nick and Chelsea, the reveal of Christian's paternity and Nick's return to Sharon.  Hopefully, it also means the return of Adam, but given the way this show is being written, I'm not holding my breath.

LeannaLove

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 04:30:30 PM »
I know Nick was frantic but the way he laid into Chelsea was absolutely below the belt.  I agree that the framework is being laid for the Big Reveal (Christian is Adam's son, not Nick's) and the ensuing breakup of Nick and Chelsea and reunion of Sharon and Nick.