Author Topic: Scott and Abby  (Read 634 times)

maxie

Scott and Abby
« on: December 31, 2017, 12:48:17 AM »
How stupid can these two people be?  Big old lip lock right in the Newman dining room with a houseful of guests?  I wonder if Nick will tell Sharon or deal with it another way.  He never did like Scott; now with good reason.

DianeM

Re: Scott and Abby
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 11:07:46 AM »
With three of them now knowing, one of them will tell her.  And I agree, how incredibly stupid to kiss when anyone could have walked into the room at any time.  I'm glad it was Nick who saw them and not one of the anonymous guests who witnessed the fake vow renewal ceremony.

Peridot

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 02:23:15 PM »
Regardless of the circumstances, I like Scott and Abby together.  IMO they make a much better couple than Scott and Sharon.  I believe Scott genuinely cares for Sharon, plus he's drawn to what she represents: home and stability.  I just think Scott is too inexperienced in long-term relationships to commit to one woman right now.  Who knows, if he were with Abby he might still be finding himself attracted to someone else.  Although I don't want to see Sharon get hurt, I'd like to see her face the reality that she and Scott are at very different places in life.  Sharon has been married multiple times and has raised her children, while Scott has yet to experience any of those things.  She needs to let Scott go and give him the space he needs to figure out life.

IdeClair

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 04:00:06 PM »
I think Scott loves Sharon but has a pure sexual attraction to Abby.
He'd better get it together and stop acting like a school boy. Sharon deserves better.  >:(

Goldilocks

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 04:16:14 PM »
Scott thinks he can get off sScott free with his behavior. He thinks he can have his cake and eat it too

Jonathan

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 04:49:30 PM »
I agree with Peridot, Scott and Abby are a much better suited couple.   I think he and Sharon have been good for each other, but now it is time for them to move on. 

maxie

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 07:24:20 PM »
I completely agree with you, Peridot.  And I have always liked Scott and don't want to see him turned into a cad. He is, however, one conflicted young man.

QuinnFan32

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 11:19:58 AM »
Love Scott and Abby together.

Fredrika

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 02:07:47 PM »
Wonder how Lauren will react to "her son" lusting for Abby -- a Newman and an Abbott?  Made me think back to the days of her naked horseback ride. Sure makes her look cheap and slutty.  And him?  Sharon is much more attractive and classy, but Abby knows how to turn up the heat.  Obviously, I'm not an Abby fan.  Not a Scott fan either, actually.  Hope Sharon kicks him to the curb. Just my opinion, of course. ::)

DianeM

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
My opinion also.  Have never liked Scott.  Wish he'd take his messy hair and move to NYC for that journalist job.  Abby can go with him, at least until MO is back from maternity leave.

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »
I'm not fond of this Abby or miscasted Scott.  They don't look that good together to me, and they can both go away forever and only come back if they are recasted.

P.S. Lauren can go with them too.

wanda

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 05:40:57 PM »
I'm not fond of this Abby or miscasted Scott.  They don't look that good together to me, and they can both go away forever and only come back if they are recasted.

P.S. Lauren can go with them too.

Totally agree.

franniep51

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 06:06:15 PM »
I can handle the messy-haired Scott, he is the only one I have ever known.  Its Abby I never liked.  I never cared for this actress' portrayal of the character.  I know I'm in the minority, but I liked Scott with Sharon.  However,  I think because of his age and past he is just not ready to settle down with Sharon.  As for Abby, she was always aggrevating.

pcrchik

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 07:07:48 PM »
i like abby and scott together because they are both hot messes who deserve whatever the other is dishing up.  get sharon out of this mess and let her move on and be happy without loser scott.

abby stealing another woman's man and not feeling guilty about it?  nothing new there.  :P

Ricky

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 08:13:17 PM »

All of this long-winded dialogue on the show about WHO KISSED WHOM and WHY is just downright absurd.   Today's whole show was a bunch of chatter about Scott kissing Abby.    Describe the kiss, please.   It was just a sweet kiss;  it was an everything's-okay kiss.   A few days ago, they had what they described as an "epic kiss".   Then we have Cane and Lily.   He should've kissed her on New Year's Eve.   But he didn't kiss her.   Should she have kissed him??   Lord have mercy!!   I feel like I'm back in junior high on a field trip to the zoo where everyone's kissing somebody on the bus.     

DianeM

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 08:18:18 PM »
Thank goodness Abby and Nick didn't discuss the worst kiss of all......Victor and Nikki kissing as the clock struck 12:00.

Soaprah

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 08:33:16 PM »
This show has often had discussions about "the kiss". Who does that in real life? How many times have we heard: "We need to talk about the kiss"; "Are we going to pretend the kiss never happened?"; "I suppose you want to talk about the kiss", etc etc ad nauseam.

Capricorn

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 08:35:45 PM »

All of this long-winded dialogue on the show about WHO KISSED WHOM and WHY is just downright absurd.   Today's whole show was a bunch of chatter about Scott kissing Abby.    Describe the kiss, please.   It was just a sweet kiss;  it was an everything's-okay kiss.   A few days ago, they had what they described as an "epic kiss".   Then we have Cane and Lily.   He should've kissed her on New Year's Eve.   But he didn't kiss her.   Should she have kissed him??   Lord have mercy!!   I feel like I'm back in junior high on a field trip to the zoo where everyone's kissing somebody on the bus.     

This is all true!  Lord help us if this is the kind of writing we have to look forward to in the years ahead.

Ricky

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 09:28:54 PM »
"We need to talk about the kiss"; "Are we going to pretend the kiss never happened?"; "I suppose you want to talk about the kiss."

LOL!!   Exactly.   Most of us have probably spontaneously kissed someone, and then immediately wondered, "Why the hell did I do that?"   But we don't go galloping to the coffee shop to analyze it with our friends --- complete with adjectives like "epic" and "enthralling" ---  and then text our Spontaneous Kissing Partner, arrange a clandestine meeting with her in a freezing, snow-covered park to discuss it further to analyze why the kiss occurred & under what conditions it might be apt to occur again, and then prance back to the coffee shop to let our friends know that the kiss won't (or will) be a recurring event.    I just howl like a hyena whenever they start having long, protracted conversations about kisses.   I mean, when that happens in real life, you just shake your head and forget about it.     

Twokeets

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »
I've often wondered why they always place such significance on "the kiss," no matter who has done it or how. They also do this on B&B. They make it sound like a kiss is way more significant than a full-blown affair. It's so weird, I get confused, wondering what the heck "the kiss" is supposed to even mean.

LeannaLove

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »
I can't stand Melissa Ordway's Abby.  She has about 3 facial expressions in her repertoire and they all involve mouth agape.

deirdra

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 03:38:11 PM »
If Jabot has them, doesn't Newman Enterprises have a NYC or foreign office they can send Abby & Scott away to for a few months at least?  With our luck that oatmeal bath will just make Scott's hair more matted.

pcrchik

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 06:08:33 PM »
I can't stand Melissa Ordway's Abby.  She has about 3 facial expressions in her repertoire and they all involve mouth agape.

SO TRUE! 

deirdra

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »
If you thought all that talk all over town about Abby & Scott's kiss(es) was bad, Monday's US show does it again, this time focusing on Cane & Lily's kiss.  Now Lily gets that glassy-eyed look with mouth agape whenever she thinks about it and cannot function at work.

IRL whenever a young woman goes missing and the only photos available are kissy face selfies on social media, I get a sick feeling because they usually end up dead.

Ricky

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 10:11:29 PM »
If you thought all that talk all over town about Abby & Scott's kiss(es) was bad, Monday's US show does it again, this time focusing on Cane & Lily's kiss.  Now Lily gets that glassy-eyed look with mouth agape whenever she thinks about it and cannot function at work.

IRL whenever a young woman goes missing and the only photos available are kissy face selfies on social media, I get a sick feeling because they usually end up dead.

Thanks for the warning!   When Cane kissed Lily, I was afraid that this would lead to subsequent flashbacks of the KISS; numerous protracted discussions of the KISS with Abby, Devon, Charlie, and Mattie;  some deeply meaningful conversations between Cane and Lily about what the KISS might mean;  some awkward head movements from left to right, in anticipation of the KISS recurring;  and possibly one or two visits with a non-speaking psychiatrist to describe all the emotions that might surface following the KISS.   

Maple Leaf

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 07:08:20 AM »

SO TRUE!

I know!  Her mouth agape expression aggravates the heck out of me!

Soaprah

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 09:28:47 AM »
I'm smiling at all our dissections of The Kiss  :) -- and warning our American community members-- get your barf bags ready for Monday's show!  :P