Author Topic: Like Mother Like Son  (Read 335 times)

Twokeets

Like Mother Like Son
« on: December 29, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »
Lately Reed has been running his fingers through his disheveled mop of hair a lot. Wonder who he inherited this trait from.....

Penelope P Parkinfarker

Re: Like Mother Like Son
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »
I thought that same exact thing. When you have to constantly move it out of your face or eyes, it's time for a trim or to tie it back or something. I saw him do that just recently and immediately thought of his mother always doing the same thing.

franniep51

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 06:05:09 PM »
If he doesn't want to cut it, I think its time for the ...ahem..man-bun.  Not something I like , but it would get it out of his face.  LOL

monkeymome3

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 07:11:42 PM »
When my daughter was that age, her boyfriend had hair that he was always trying to push out of his face, it was completely distracting and annoying.  Everyone was really happy when she got him to cut it.  I think a trim is in order.

DebR

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »
Reed has his motherís thick head of hair and is now mimicking her nervous mannerism.

I also feel like heís whining more than he used to.

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »
Good observation about the hair.  From a physical standpoint Reed is very believable as the son of Victoria and J.T.  He's tall and lanky like his dad, with the same good facial bones.  Like his mother he has an unruly mop of dark brown hair and tends to mimic her nervous mannerisms at times.  Hopefully he won't take after Grandma in the booze department.

lawgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 03:55:28 PM »
I don't think he's an alcoholic -- just a teen trying to fit in.  He's moved into a new area, a new high school and doesn't seem to be a jock.  He does play the guitar which will get him some points, but on the whole I think that he's socially uncomfortable-- and alcohol makes him less anxious.  Unfortunately, there may be a genetic predisposition towards alcoholism, which Nikki was trying to address--however, I think she's a bit premature because he's not ready to hear what she's saying.  To him, it's just more adult noise.