Author Topic: Why didn't Mattie drive Reed home?  (Read 386 times)

deirdra

Why didn't Mattie drive Reed home?
« on: December 28, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
After asking Charlie for the keys to the car they share, why didn't she ask Reed for his keys or just grab them?  As the only sober one in the joint, Mattie should have taken control rather than playing the victim.

Capricorn

Re: Why didn't Mattie drive Reed home?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »
I'm not sure Mattie has driver's licence, (I think she's only 14) it's just a plot to get Reed charged and a reason for JT to stay in Genoa City.  He was on his way out the door to the airport when Victoria got the call about Reed's arrest and DUI charge.

DebR

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 01:34:50 PM »

I'm not sure Mattie has driver's licence, (I think she's only 14) it's just a plot to get Reed charged and a reason for JT to stay in Genoa City.  He was on his way out the door to the airport when Victoria got the call about Reed's arrest and DUI charge.

Mattie has to be 16 since she and Charlie are twins and they both share the car.  Maybe she hasn't gotten her license yet though.

deirdra

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
Mattie & Charlie shared Mac's womb, so if Charlie is old enough to drive, Mattie is too & I believe they have argued in the past over who gets the car, and she asked Charlie for the keys at the party.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 01:39:36 PM »
I don't remember Charlie and Mattie sharing a car.

See link about age

http://soapcentral.com/yr/whoswho/mattie.php

http://soapcentral.com/yr/whoswho/charlie.php

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
Apparently Charlie & Mattie are aging in dog years, so if they were 14 in May, they must be 16 by now  ;)

Ricky

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »
Girls on this show are always Car Victims.   They stand and flutter their hands helplessly while drunk boys take the wheel.    (Except for that bossy, dim-witted daughter of Sharon's who decided to drive into a tree and almost murdered poor Lil Daniel.) 

Penelope P Parkinfarker

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 04:53:19 PM »
Didn't she offer to drive Reed and he said no? If she didn't offer to drive, she did beg him not to.

monkeymome3

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 11:07:55 PM »
I just think it was so plot driven.  It happened so fast just to get him arrested so that Dad would stay around. 

Miravep

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »
She asked Charlie for the car keys and he refused.  (So obviously she can drive.)  I don't know why she didn't ask Reed to drive his car.  I also think it's over the top that she called the police.  It was plot driven, I agree.  The worst part is seeing Victoria shrieking at Reed again.  That he ruined the PR campaign for Newman.  Once again her lousy parenting skills are front and center.  I don't feel like watching that again.

Peridot

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 10:26:11 AM »
Mattie, Charlie, and Reed are all 16 and should be able to drive, since they live in Wisconsin.  Here in MA new drivers legally can't get behind the wheel of a car for which they're not insured, not sure if it's the same in WI.  At any rate, I believe this is just a device to cause tension between Reed and Mattie, and between Reed and his parents.  The best part about this scenario was Nikki's talk with her grandson, impressing upon him the pitfalls of continuing down the primrose path with Mr. Alcohol.  Hopefully Reed listened.

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »
What I found odd is that Nikki focused on alcoholism and Victoria harped on how the DUI would suspend his license and possibly affect university prospects, but what about the fact that the drinking age in Wisconsin is not 16?

Maple Leaf

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 06:51:27 AM »
If it were my son, I'd rip up his drivers' license, make him work to pay off the fine and make him do community service.  Maybe, after a year or two, I'd give him another chance, but drinking and driving at 16 is just not acceptable.

I'd probably hide in the bathroom and cry as well.  I'd be devastated, as a parent.

pcrchik

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 07:01:24 PM »
Girls on this show are always Car Victims.   They stand and flutter their hands helplessly while drunk boys take the wheel.    (Except for that bossy, dim-witted daughter of Sharon's who decided to drive into a tree and almost murdered poor Lil Daniel.) 

;D ;D ;D