Author Topic: Why would renewing vows be a good PR move?  (Read 365 times)

stpauliegirl

Why would renewing vows be a good PR move?
« on: December 27, 2017, 08:33:06 AM »
Why would anyone care that Victor and Nikki renewed their vows when they have been married and divorced more times than I can remember?  They aren't celebrities where the tabloid press besides GC Buzz would be interested in their personal lives.  It might generate a minor story, but not anything that would impact how people view Newman Enterprises.

Capricorn

Re: Why would renewing vows be a good PR move?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »
I was wondering the same thing. 
It makes no sense.   
It's a stupid storyline.
Of course they will look into each other's eyes and "fall in love" all over again. ::)

DebR

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 10:35:42 AM »
The only thing I can think of is that if they have a stable, solid marriage, the business would be considered on track as well.  Newman has had a lot of bad press so the writers must think a United homefront would help.  Mal wants Nikki and Victor together, bottom line.

Winza

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 11:00:37 AM »
Showing stability for the company is good, but stability in Victor Newmans marriage has nothing to do with stability in his company.  Having run a PR agency for 30 years, I cringe at these PR tactics they use in this soap.  But I keep telling myself its a soap; its a soap; its a soap.

deirdra

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 11:09:40 AM »
Wedding #15 for Victor - yawn.  I would not call that stability in his personal or business life.  Nikki's complicity in this "PR" tactic is pathetic.

monkeymome3

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »
Why do I suspect this won't go off as planned?  I feel like Nikki has something up her sleeve.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 01:31:49 PM »
Why do I suspect this won't go off as planned?  I feel like Nikki has something up her sleeve.

I hope you are right!

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 03:31:58 PM »

You never know.   I didn't dream that lighting a Christmas tree in a modest little ranch house would be a big public relations triumph, but it seemed to go over pretty well.  lol. 

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 04:34:28 PM »
Why would anyone care that Victor and Nikki renewed their vows when they have been married and divorced more times than I can remember?

Precisely.  The public already knows how much Newman marriage vows are worth.  Zip, zero, nada.  The world is already chockfull of people who are successful in their field and yet consistently make a hash of their private lives.  Victor and Nikki are nuts if they think the world cares about a 60-something and an ancient geezer and their silly PR efforts.

lawgirl

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 04:39:56 PM »
I find it difficult to believe that the producers and writers are so inept and amateurish that the Newmans renewing wedding vows would be good PR or of interest to anyone.  It makes no sense either for the story or otherwise unless it is not what it seems and Nikki is going to have a big reveal -- maybe outing Victor's complicity in Adam's death or at the least his invasion of Nick's bank account.

I am so disappointed in this show.  I started watching back in it's initial year, had to stop when I was working but returned in 2010 when ATWT ended.  I got hooked on Adam and Sharon and really looked forward every day to watching. Ever since the Delia death story and MM's firing, the show has gone downhill.  I'm beginning to give up hope!  GH is so much better, in my opinion, right now.

deirdra

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »
The only good thing about "New Years Eve" 2017 on Y&R (AKA Thursday Dec 28 in the US, Weds 27 in Canada) is that it was also Nick's 42nd birthday and he received a very nice tool belt. 

Ricky

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 06:48:15 PM »
The only good thing about "New Years Eve" 2017 on Y&R (AKA Thursday Dec 28 in the US, Weds 27 in Canada) is that it was also Nick's 42nd birthday and he received a very nice tool belt. 

Nick also salvaged the weird Xmas episode by wearing that flashing green sweater with the sunglasses-wearing reindeer. 

Capricorn

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 07:29:23 PM »

Uh huh! Indeedy!

No way Nick is only 42, Noah has to be at least 26 which means that Nick fathered him when he was 16 and Sharon 17. Who is Mal trying to fool?  Maybe some newbies who don't know the history of the show.  They just can't SORAS then deSORAS characters and think we will fall for it.

Ricky

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 07:48:27 PM »
Stranger still, the actor who plays Noah (Robert Adamson) is 32, and looks it.   So Nicholas sired him at 9 or 10.

If the writers are gonna take the position that Nicholas is in his early 40s like Josh Morrow is, they ought to hire a Noah who's about 20.     

Capricorn

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 08:51:18 PM »
And Mariah is several years older than Noah which would make Sharon in her late 40s - 50, plus Nick is one year younger than Sharon so he would have to be late 40s too.  Then Nikki would be late 60s - 70s and the old goat would be same age as Methuselah.   Also Victoria is 6 years older than Nick so she is supposed to be in her mid 50s.  Oh what a tangled SORASweb they weave.

monkeymome3

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 11:50:52 AM »
I think Noah has always been miscast

Peridot

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 10:32:09 AM »
On the subject of SORASing , the writers need to realize that if they age preteens into adults, then the parents can be only so young.  Sharon and Nick have to be in their mid to late 40s if we're supposed to accept them as the parents of grown children Noah and Mariah.  Noah looks way too old to be their son, just as Scott looks too old to be Lauren's son.  Maybe the casting director ought to look for actors who don't make us shake our heads and wonder if the parents had the kid when they were 12.