Author Topic: Wasnít it out of character for Jill?  (Read 1338 times)

DebR

Wasnít it out of character for Jill?
« on: December 18, 2017, 11:29:22 PM »
To want to sell Chancellor?  She has always wanted the company plus her favorite person, Cane, is successfully running the company.  She must realize that he needs the income now as well.  I suppose itís to set up a bidding war for Chancellor but I think it would be good to have another business on the show.

Also, I thought Jill acted weird and giddy.  I donít think she was drinking but she was a bit off the wall.

maxie

Re: Wasnít it out of character for Jill?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 12:19:39 AM »
Her wanting to up and sell Chancellor IS way out of character and such an obvious plot-driven ploy.  However, I thought she was acting like she always does,  which I have always found annoying.

franniep51

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 02:44:20 AM »
I'm probably in the minority here, but I never cared for the character or actress. She seemed off or giddy for some reason. Something wasn't right.  Her words were almost slurred.  Just my take on it.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 07:21:09 AM »
She explained that she wanted to sell it to get the cash in order to fund her new charitable endeavors.  That, to me, was out of character.  Jill has always been selfish and greedy, so her new philanthropic bent doesn't ring true to me.

deirdra

Re: Wasn’t it out of character for Jill?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »
She seemed off or giddy for some reason. Something wasn't right.  Her words were almost slurred.  Just my take on it.
I thought the same thing.  Her cheeks & lips also seemed inflated, which probably affected her speech.  Not the usual Jill, except for the smoker's voice.  The only time we ever saw Jill uncharacteristically giddy before was that terrible SL where she & Colin were playing Nick & Nora and hiding under desks, etc. - unbelievable and unentertaining.

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 11:19:50 AM »
Jess Walton appears to have had some work done and her face seemed a bit swollen to me.  It probably did affect her speech.  I thought she looked perfectly fine before, but whatever.  Like Traci, it's nice to have a visit from Jill now and then.

I am having a hard time believing that Jill's travels have suddenly turned her into Lady Bountiful.  Jill has always been somewhat self-absorbed, plus she's married to a criminal.  I know people have epiphanies but I don't expect Jill's to last long.  It seems more like a device for TPTB to oust Cane yet again, or to merge Chancellor with Jabot or Newman.  Guess we'll see.

Miravep

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 01:09:44 PM »
Yes, her cheeks were so full that it seemed to affect her speech.

She looked beautiful the last time she was on, but since then, she's obviously had something done to her face.

I was so distracted by that, it was hard to concentrate on whatever she was saying, too.

But the Chancellor sale seemed like a dumb contrived way to tie Jack into a business story.

lawgirl

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 02:05:00 PM »
Yes, her cheeks were so full that it seemed to affect her speech.

She looked beautiful the last time she was on, but since then, she's obviously had something done to her face.

I was so distracted by that, it was hard to concentrate on whatever she was saying, too.

But the Chancellor sale seemed like a dumb contrived way to tie Jack into a business story.

I noticed her looks as well.  I thought she had gained a bit of weight also.  She never took off her coat, even though it was indoors, which seemed to be because she was trying to hide a weight gain.

Billie

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 03:17:54 PM »
I noticed the chipmunk face as well.  Way too plumped up.  I wish people who use fillers, etc. would realize that less is more. It's so unnatural looking.  Also, I agree with all of the posters who think this is way out of character for Jill to sell Chancellor and give back. NOT her style.  I hate it when characters have their personalities change for a plot point. Very lazy writing.

Capricorn

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 03:31:50 PM »
I'm not sure I heard everything Jill was saying, I was very distracted by her over plumped face.  She reminded me a lot of Lily Tomlin and that's not a compliment... Jess Walton used to be a lot better looking than Lily Tomlin.

Lily Tomlin

DianeM

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 03:43:36 PM »
Could it be possible that JW is taking steroids for a health problem?  Steroids will make you gain weight in the face as well as body.

Augie

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 03:54:19 PM »
She seemed off or giddy for some reason. Something wasn't right.  Her words were almost slurred.  Just my take on it.
I thought the same thing.  Her cheeks & lips also seemed inflated, which probably affected her speech.  Not the usual Jill, except for the smoker's voice.  The only time we ever saw Jill uncharacteristically giddy before was that terrible SL where she & Colin were playing Nick & Nora and hiding under desks, etc. - unbelievable and unentertaining.
Hiding, my foot........😀😀😀😀.     Gross!

Chuckles

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »
Jess Walton appears to have had some work done and her face seemed a bit swollen to me.  It probably did affect her speech.  I thought she looked perfectly fine before, but whatever.  Like Traci, it's nice to have a visit from Jill now and then.

I am having a hard time believing that Jill's travels have suddenly turned her into Lady Bountiful.  Jill has always been somewhat self-absorbed, plus she's married to a criminal.  I know people have epiphanies but I don't expect Jill's to last long.  It seems more like a device for TPTB to oust Cane yet again, or to merge Chancellor with Jabot or Newman.  Guess we'll see.
  I noticed right away that Jill's face was swollen probably from some type of plastic surgery.  And her voice was slurred.

Goldilocks

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 05:55:49 PM »
Jill certainly looked better during her last visit. She's had some facial rejuvenation, too much of it IMHO. And the weight that she had lost has returned. It's really hard to maintain a weight loss especially as you age.

DebR

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 09:46:29 PM »
My husband always says he wonders why celebrities have work done just before going back to work.  They should wait until the swelling goes down.

I follow Jess on Twitter and she looks natural.  Then, she goes on Y&R and sheís swollen and puffy.  Why do they think they look good when itís so obvious they donít?

monkeymome3

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 07:33:55 PM »
My husband always says he wonders why celebrities have work done just before going back to work.  They should wait until the swelling goes down.

I follow Jess on Twitter and she looks natural.  Then, she goes on Y&R and sheís swollen and puffy.  Why do they think they look good when itís so obvious they donít?
She looks great at home all natural, so true.  I wonder if she has work done when she comes to LA, seeing as how she lives in the country in Oregon?

DebR

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 11:39:17 PM »

She looks great at home all natural, so true.  I wonder if she has work done when she comes to LA, seeing as how she lives in the country in Oregon?

I think she does.  Seems to be a Hollywood thing to get fillers and Botox.  She looks good when sheís in Oregon and I donít think she needs to have work done.

Ricky

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 12:07:35 AM »

To me, every single thing that she said was out of character.   Her desire to sell Chancellor, her sudden interest in charitable endeavors, her quotes from Kay Chancellor about "selling high" (Kay was a woman who never displayed an iota of interest in Chancellor Industries until she was over 70), her apparent ignorance of the fact that Chancellor could produce *annual income* if she retained ownership --- it was all just downright weird.    I was so caught-up with the Non-Jill dialogue she was spouting that it was a long time before I noticed how strange she looked.     

rvgrandma

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 03:57:31 PM »
If you check Jess Walton's Facebook page when she was accused of having a smoker's voice, she responded that she does not smoke.

Capricorn

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 05:09:15 PM »
It's why I hate celebrity gossip, people just assume things about others that they don't know or have verifiable accusations about them.

Ricky

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »

Probably, she doesn't smoke.   But she definitely used to, and that's where her throaty voice comes from.    She was always very forthcoming about it.   She's said numerous times that she and Jeanne Cooper enjoyed making public appearances together, because they could hang-out together in the hotel and smoke like chimneys.   She's also said that they subsequently stopped smoking.