Author Topic: Eric Braeden's acting was excellent today.  (Read 376 times)

SANDY B

Eric Braeden's acting was excellent today.
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:25:23 PM »
This particular SL has brought out some good acting amongst the cast.  Eric can cry some real tears.

wanda

Re: Eric Braeden's acting was excellent today.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:08:01 PM »
Honestly, I think they put drops in his eyes while the camera was on Nick. But I will admit he is playing the stroke victim pretty well. Probably because he doesn't have to adlib his lines he can't remember because he doesn't have lines.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:18:27 PM »
I thought the same thing wanda but I decided to wait and see if anyone felt the same.

Soaprah

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:11 PM »
As I soon as I saw the old buzzard welling up, I thought of those fake tear drops that can be put into actors' eyes.
I wrote a previous post saying it must be nice for EB to lie in bed for a couple of weeks and still be paid his huge salary. With just that one line: "JT... did...this...to...meeeeee", he wouldn't even have to trouble a stage hand to write it on the ceiling.  ::)

DebR

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:29:29 PM »
I think Ericís acting has been excellent in this storyline.  I felt so badly for Victor getting scared and agitated trying to get the words out.  Ya gotta give credit where credit is due and heís conveying a stroke victim on point, IMO.

Billie

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 09:51:15 AM »
Count me in as well.  I normally can't stand him but he's portraying a stroke victim very well.

deirdra

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 12:00:19 PM »
They should keep him as a stroke victim from now on since it is the only acting he is capable of doing.

Winza

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 12:16:52 PM »
They should keep him as a stroke victim from now on since it is the only acting he is capable of doing.

Works for me.  He's doing a great job, but we know that as soon as he has lines again, he'll go back to his lazy ad-libbing and reading lines with no expression.  A mute Victor is a Victor we can deal with, especially if they send him to that recovery place in Georgia where they sent Phyllis to recover for a good long time unseen.  That would really work for me.  And Nikki can move near there and boo-hoo over him as much as she wants, off camera.

Capricorn

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 12:37:07 PM »
AMEN!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 01:31:58 PM »
Yes, he's doing a great job. But he'll be back to his arrogant, bullying, line-forgetting self in no time. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Now might be a good time for Victor to undergo a total personality change, with little explanation required. Can I hope?

Billie

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 08:12:37 PM »
Snowflake Grampa might be good for another round...

Maple Leaf

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 08:30:01 PM »
Well, keep watching, because that single tear running down is cheek is starting to get old...

Peaceinthevalley

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 09:46:19 AM »
I agree the tears worked and dare I say it, he even came across as vulnerable? TGVN as weak? Blasphemy! But that is exactly how it seemed, Bravo for once.     

SarahTheCat

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »
Stroke victim is perfect for him. Now that he's speaking again, if he forgets his lines, it just looks like it's his condition. Win Win.