Author Topic: Excessive Force, Doncha Think?  (Read 271 times)

Winza

Excessive Force, Doncha Think?
« on: April 16, 2018, 04:22:57 PM »
There were three strong ladies coming upon one unarmed man attacking another woman.  Looking at this objectively, don't you think it would have made more sense for the three of them to tag team and pull the unarmed JT off of Victoria rather than apply lethal force with a weapon -- the poker from the fireplace?  Isn't that what the police and legal profession consider excessive force, given the situation?

Of course Nikki would have toppled over halfway across the room due to her stooped body and her ridiculous heels.  Sharon's hair probably would have flown into her face and she might have started pulling Victoria off of JT instead.  And Phyllis might have gone crazy without a weapon and killed both of them and then kept going and attacked Sharon . . .

So maybe they DO have a reason not to just go to the police.  Did Nikki really need to wack him hard with a poker?  Doesn't seem so.

missybug88

Re: Excessive Force, Doncha Think?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:29:57 PM »
It looked to me as if Nikki's action with the fireplace poker was done in the heat of the moment. I do think the idea of hiding the body is pretty over the top.

Billie

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 08:14:49 PM »
If I was in that room I'd be calling 911 STAT and hope for the best.  I would not want this hanging over my head for the rest of my like just wondering when my luck would run out.

Soaprah

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:40:26 PM »
In all honesty-- if I saw my daughter being attacked, I'd grab whatever weapon was close at hand and hit the guy with all my might.

DebR

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:33:04 PM »
In all honesty-- if I saw my daughter being attacked, I'd grab whatever weapon was close at hand and hit the guy with all my might.

Me, too, without thinking twice about it.

kc-opk

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 01:37:31 AM »
I think any mother would come to her daughters defense like that.  However, they should have called 911 right after it happened.  The rest of this story is dumb....But, I'll keep watching..lol :)

Twokeets

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 10:53:39 AM »
When Nikki grabbed the poker, it reminded me of her role as an 8 year old little girl in the movie "Marnie." Marnie as a grown woman played by Tippie Hedren remembers where her trauma came from--it has to do with her 8 year old self (played by MTS) wielding a poker, and something really bad happens. Was this a tip of the hat to Hitchcock?

Winza

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 11:10:37 AM »
When Nikki grabbed the poker, it reminded me of her role as an 8 year old little girl in the movie "Marnie." Marnie as a grown woman played by Tippie Hedren remembers where her trauma came from--it has to do with her 8 year old self (played by MTS) wielding a poker, and something really bad happens. Was this a tip of the hat to Hitchcock?

I think it was and loved it. Posted this in the spoilers last week.