Author Topic: Stars of Y&R Interviewed on Their Characters During 45th Year Celebration  (Read 201 times)

Capricorn

It's a long article with pictures.   If you have the time it's quite interesting and entertaining.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/50802/stars-of-yr-interviewed-on-their-characters-during-45th-year-celebration

wanda

Byton James basically said Eric Braeden changes his lines every time he says them so if you are playing opposite him you need to be on your toes because sometimes your written lines don't make sense in response to what Eric says. In other words. Braeden doesn't learn his lines and adlibs.

Capricorn

If Bryton James could swap characters:

Bryton James: Victor. I would be Eric so I could do whatever the hell I wanted.

wanda

If Bryton James could swap characters:

Bryton James: Victor. I would be Eric so I could do whatever the hell I wanted.

I read that too. Gee, Bryton sure must be brave. If he isn't careful, Braeden will have him fired and black balled.

Soaprah

"... whatever the hell I wanted"
That says it all, doesn't it. And Bryton has few scenes with the old goat. Imagine what Melody Scott Thomas has to put up with.

Capricorn

I'm just thinking about what Michael Muhney put up with because he had a large percentage of his scenes with Braeden.   As a matter of fact what the entire cast has to put up with... most of them probably wish he would just go away one way or another. (if you know what I mean)

Soaprah

I'm just thinking about what Michael Muhney put up with because he had a large percentage of his scenes with Braeden.   As a matter of fact what the entire cast has to put up with... most of them probably wish he would just go away one way or another. (if you know what I mean)

I know exactly what you mean and feel exactly the same.

Ah-- Michael Muhney! How could I forget! I just went to his Twitter account and after a long absence, he has tweeted several messages in the last month. He is open and frank about some of the details of just what went down on the Y&R. There is also a video of him speaking briefly-- great to see and hear.
https://twitter.com/michaelmuhney?lang=en

deirdra

And I'm sure Peter Bergman's main beef with EB is his unprofessional refusal to learn his lines.  TPTB should keep Victor as a stroke victim who never regains his speech and tell EB's ego that he is the family patriarch, like Joe Kennedy.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:21:05 AM by deirdra »

Capricorn

"... whatever the hell I wanted"
That says it all, doesn't it. And Bryton has few scenes with the old goat. Imagine what Melody Scott Thomas has to put up with.

Melody fawns all over Braeden, she probably gives him a high five for being so clever and brilliant for making up his lines and keeping her sharp and on her toes for having to figure out how to change her lines to match his repetitive bullshit made up lines.

Did you notice that Bryton said he like to be Victor but then continues to say - "I would be Eric so I could do whatever the hell I wanted."

deirdra

Did you notice that Bryton said he like to be Victor but then continues to say - "I would be Eric so I could do whatever the hell I wanted."
I certainly did and EB must be insufferable since Bryton rarely has scenes with him.

pcrchik

seeing all this just makes me applaud actors like mm who had dozens of scenes with eb. just shows how much a a talent they were / are to keep up with the ever changing lines, sell them, and stick to the script at the same time.  kudos for them, i'm sure it hasn't and isn't easy.