Author Topic: Whoa! That was some episode.  (Read 487 times)

SANDY B

Whoa! That was some episode.
« on: April 13, 2018, 02:59:02 PM »
Holy Crap.

SANDY B

Re: Whoa! That was some episode.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 04:08:44 PM »
I'm honestly in shock that this board isn't lit up today.  Is everyone working?  Anyway, I found the entire thing somewhat riveting.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:09:07 PM by SANDY B »

missybug88

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »

Down and dirty regarding the abuse. I loved it. About time we got some real time with the ladies and them rising above their differences and coming together to take care of one of their own. Best episode in a LONG time!

missybug88

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 04:19:18 PM »
I'm actually rewatching right now as the performances and the message so real. "If I acted the right way, if I behaved the right way, that things would be good again."

monkeymome3

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »
I'm glad Sharon stood up to Phyllis about why did she stay in the relationship.  It's very difficult to explain why we stay.  I stayed for 9 years.  Finally got out and ran for my life.  Has taken me 33 years to feel comfortable again.  It cannot be explained to people who have not experienced it.  People can be so judgy and I've heard some horrible things about how deserving I was of it because I stayed.

Jonathan

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 05:15:43 PM »
I was glad I was home today to see it.  I think riveting is the right word.  Great job by everyone involved in those scenes. 

pcrchik

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »
i can't imagine what you went through mm3, thank you for being so open.

on another note...i enjoyed girls night and was pretty impressed with how well the gals seemed to get along and keep the jabs to a minimum.  it was nice to see them band together when vicki opened up about her abuse.

i enjoyed phyllis too, she is a hoot sometimes and is the only one i know who can get right to the (annoying) heart of anything. i won't lie, i would have headed straight to the taquitos too.  ;D

[/size][size=78%] [/size][/size] i also applaud mariah for coming out about her feelings, only alcohol could make her that honest, i like that the writers put a little humorous spin on it too.  for some reason i wasn't surprised to see that phyllis was the first to tell her congrats on being honest.  despite phyllis' craziness she does seem to be the most liberal of the bunch.[size=78%]

but yeah...the show was exceptionally good today.  if any group should have a "murder" secret it's those gals.  and it makes sense for it to have been nicki, as the mom of the woman being roughed up, of course she would defend her daughter.  glad it played out that way.

Loulu2u

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »
Hi, I've been so riveted by this storyline that I had to find a group to discuss it with. Victoria and JT have been so well written and the story so timely (sadly). You're right. Whoa! What an episode. My favorite line was from Hawaii when Victoria finally broke with JT:

"You and I are through. We're not getting married. We're not engaged. I'm not even your friend."

I keep thinking about that "I'm not even your friend" and how she told the therapist that sometimes it didn't even seem like JT liked her. The controlling nature of the relationship was so well portrayed, so clear, so suffocating. Kudos to anyone who went through that in real life and managed to get out.

Capricorn

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
Welcome to the Community Loulu2u!   I'm glad you found us and I agree with everyone who has posted in this thread.   

This is a most excellent storyline even though it's a serious and sad subject.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 07:23:18 PM »
I saw the episode yesterday and I was rivited!  Itís been such an excellent storyline and Iím enjoying it immensely!

Billie

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 08:03:13 PM »
Count me in as well.  Great acting by all. 

wanda

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »
Just got to watch it. Wow! Can't wait until Monday.

Soaprah

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 09:59:29 PM »
I watched the Friday US episode twice, and wrote down much of the dialogue. It was superb!
I've said in another thread that I am close to someone who is going through this, and today's episode makes me think that one or more of the writers has also been through this or knows someone who has because the words spoken and the angst behind those words were bang on.
Kudos to the writers and actors! 

Kramer

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »
I agree! Great episode, wonderful acting!

Ricky

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 02:38:23 AM »

One of the best episodes I've seen.   I really liked the way Sharon's lines were insightful and enlightening, without ever being textbook-like or preachy. 

I haven't seen the issue of domestic abuse handled much on TV before.   It's nice (and uncomfortable) to see it done so well. 

stpauliegirl

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 08:59:00 AM »
Just got to watch it. Wow! Can't wait until Monday.
I agree.  It has been a long time since Y&R has had an episode that has made me really anticipate the next show. Mal Young has had a few misses, but this storyline is definitely a hit.

DebR

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 12:09:47 PM »
Ever since I updated iOS on my iPad I havenít been able to get into this forum or anywhere.  I did get on a couple of times on a computer but I hope this iPad is fixed now.

The writers, actors, and episodes have been riveting to watch.  Theyíve done a fabulous job.

bren

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 01:17:14 PM »
Best. Episode. Ever. I've been watching Y&R for 40 years and have never been so riveted. The acting of all was absolutely fantastic,and Amelia Heinle should get an Emmy for her performance. I was in tears just watching her tell Nikki and the others what she had been going through. And I have to offer congratulations to Mal Young and the Y&R writing team, as well as the directors, for their excellent work.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 01:59:51 PM »
It was a great episode. Nikki's acting was very good, considering I don't normally think a whole lot of her acting. She seemed very natural. I loved when she kept telling Phyllis to zip it.

Victoria's acting was excellent.  She has been seeming a lot more human in this storyline than she has in the past (just playing an office bitch). I hope the writers keep her softened up a little.