Author Topic: Nikki’s 2nd time up to bat?  (Read 539 times)

Augie

Nikki’s 2nd time up to bat?
« on: April 13, 2018, 02:46:42 PM »
I don’t know if Nikki knocked JT out or killed him with the andiron but didn’t she clobber someone else or kill him  a long time ago?  Anyway———she had no choice here with someone beating up her daughter, so her quick thinking saved the day here!  I enjoyed the show except for listening to JT sitting at CL dumping all the blame for his troubles on Victoria and excusing himself  to Cane——although it was part of the plot!  Looking forward to Monday!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:48:03 PM by Augie »

Capricorn

Re: Nikkiís 2nd time up to bat?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:52:57 PM »
Yep, Nikki clobbered her father to death with a table lamp because he tried to rape her.  The father Nick had previously raped Nikki's older sister Casey.   I still don't understand why Nikki named her son after a drunken, rapist father.

deirdra

Re: Nikki’s 2nd time up to bat?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 02:53:49 PM »
Nikki shot her friend Joshua when she was 5, killed her father by hitting him on the head with a lamp when she was 17, fatallly punctured Veronica Landers with a pitchfork when she was in her 40s and killed DianeJenkins in her 50s.  What's one more?  The actress also killed her character's mother's John with a fire poker in the Hitchcock movie "Marnie" (1964).

I never understood why Nikki named her son after a drunken, rapist father, unless she had completely blocked it out, but you'd think sister Casey would have mentioned it since she was around a lot when Victoria & Nick were born.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:04:06 PM by deirdra »

Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 05:22:27 PM »
Did she name him after her father or was it just a masculine version of her name for a son vs a feminine version of Victor for their daughter?  That's how I always thought of it. 

SarahTheCat

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 05:38:11 PM »
Did she name him after her father or was it just a masculine version of her name for a son vs a feminine version of Victor for their daughter?  That's how I always thought of it.

That's what I always thought too. I think there's some other explanation for Victoria though, like it was Kevin Bancroft's grandmother's name or something. At what point did Kevin know that Victoria wasn't his? Was Victoria born and named before he knew?

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 06:23:45 PM »
I have been watching this show since day one and Nick and Victoria was not named after Victor and Nikki. 

Nick was named after Nicholas Reed

Victoria was named after Kevin Bancroft's grandmother's middle name.

If anything else is written anywhere else somebody has changed the history of the show.  Anyone can change info on Wiki and IMDb.

Peridot

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »
Is J.T. supposed to be dead?  If so, this makes the fourth person Nikki has killed either accidentally or in self-defense.  It's a bit much to swallow, even for a soap. 

wanda

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 08:16:41 PM »
When Nikki dropped the fireplace poker she was probably thinking "🎶🎶Oops...I did it again🎶🎶".
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:11:07 PM by wanda »

jinx

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 08:32:41 PM »
Is J.T. supposed to be dead?  If so, this makes the fourth person Nikki has killed either accidentally or in self-defense.  It's a bit much to swallow, even for a soap.

I'm getting the impression that those who saw the episode yesterday know that he is dead. I hope not, not yet anyway! I want him to have to face Victor and even Jack, then ship him off to rot in jail.

pjones

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 09:17:21 PM »
Nikki killed DianeJenkins? What were the circumstances? I donít remember that storyline?

wanda

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 10:22:08 PM »
Nikki killed DianeJenkins? What were the circumstances? I donít remember that storyline?

Diane was hit over the head and found dead in a stream . There were at least a half a dozen suspects. It was the same night Nikki left town. I believe she was drinking at the time and blacked out. This is what I found:

"In early 2012, it is revealed that Diane's killer is Nikki Newman. However, according to a video that was found by Ronan, it shows that Diane at first attempting to attack Nikki with a syringe and then begins choking her to death. Nikki picks up a rock and bashes Diane in the head, killing her. Ronan tells Nikki that she killed Diane in self-defense. Although arrested at first for her murder, Nikki is eventually exonerated as the judge also believed it was self-defense"

I can still remember the green and white dress Diane was wearing that night.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 10:25:41 PM by wanda »

SarahTheCat

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 10:39:50 PM »
What about the time when Nikki was a child and she and some kid were playing with a gun, the gun went off, the kid died... her father buried the body... Nikki suppressed the memory til it came back to her when the writers made it up, LOL... the kid's brother was Bobby Marsino.  Does that count as another one she killed?

deirdra

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 11:15:19 AM »
I can still remember the green and white dress Diane was wearing that night.
[/l]
I remember the dress and the stuntperson's wig, wide shoulders, narrow hips and muscular calves.

DebR

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 12:14:37 PM »
Not only do I think Nikki killed J.T., she really swung that tire iron with brutal force.  You could tell Nikki was sad that she didnít know about the abuse but kinda wished J.T. wasnít dead yet.  I wanted him to face a few people too.

Miravep

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 12:42:05 PM »
Nikki shot her friend Joshua when she was 5, killed her father by hitting him on the head with a lamp when she was 17, fatallly punctured Veronica Landers with a pitchfork when she was in her 40s and killed DianeJenkins in her 50s.  What's one more?  The actress also killed her character's mother's John with a fire poker in the Hitchcock movie "Marnie" (1964).

For some reason, they do have Nikki kill a lot of folks.  But I think Miguel was the one who fatally stabbed Veronica with a pitchfork, or was it Victor?  Anyway, not Nikki, I don't think.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »

For some reason, they do have Nikki kill a lot of folks.  But I think Miguel was the one who fatally stabbed Veronica with a pitchfork, or was it Victor?  Anyway, not Nikki, I don't think.

I didn't think it was Nikki either.

I just googled and found:

"Victor and Miguel headed directly for the stables where they found Veronica holding Nikki at gunpoint. Miguel distracted Veronica while Victor wrestled her for the gun. During the struggle, Veronica impaled herself on a hay hook."

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:49:54 PM by SarahTheCat »

Capricorn

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 01:09:20 PM »
Yes STC, now that you posted it, I remember Veronica impaling herself... but I couldn't remember what she impaled herself on.

Ricky

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 06:19:52 PM »

When Sarah/Veronica got impaled, Miguel cried out, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!", and it was really funny because he was a terrible actor. 

Capricorn

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 06:33:07 PM »
Did you guys know that Candace Daly who played Veronica Landers died in 2004 at age 38.   She was so young... Work was scarce for Daly after she left The Young and the Restless, she was found in her rundown Los Angeles apartment on December 14, 2004.  The cause of death was listed as unknown even though drug abuse was suspected; her boyfriend stated that he believes that she was a victim of foul play.

A picture of her is in The In Memory of actors who have passed on section.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:34:17 PM by Capricorn »

SarahTheCat

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 07:22:55 PM »
Did you guys know that Candace Daly who played Veronica Landers died in 2004 at age 38.   She was so young... Work was scarce for Daly after she left The Young and the Restless,she was found in her rundown Los Angeles apartment on December 14, 2004.  The cause of death was listed as unknown even though drug abuse was suspected; her boyfriend stated that he believes that she was a victim of foul play.

A picture of her is in The In Memory of actors who have passed on section.

I didn't know! Damn, that's young, and sad.

Miravep

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 10:06:18 PM »

When Sarah/Veronica got impaled, Miguel cried out, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!", and it was really funny because he was a terrible actor.

I remember that.  He was godawful, and it was funny to find that out after so many years of him being a bit supporting player.  I do miss the supporting roles like Miguel, Lynn, Chantal, the various Connies, Joanie, etc.

deirdra

Re: Nikki’s 2nd time up to bat?
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »
Veronica fell on the hay hook and impaled herself, but Nikki had been threatening her with it before laying it down pointy end up.  I remember the camera focusing on it so you just knew someone was going to die in the commotion.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:42:24 AM by deirdra »

pjones

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 06:43:56 PM »
Thanks Wanda! It rings a bell now.