Author Topic: Fashion Friday 13th April  (Read 387 times)

Capricorn

Fashion Friday 13th April
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »

Hate the cheap looking material and the sleeves.  Phyllis is so not a pink person, I'm glad she wore black pants and not the matching pink skirt.

This dress fit Phyllis' body perfectly, however I don't like the low one-sided shoulder.

I like this jacket on Sharon unbuttoned rather than buttoned up look on the model.

I would wear this blouse in another colour.

A little too low cut for a first date, but the fit was good on Sharon.

Don't like.

Don't like.

Thank goodness Lauren's boobs and knees are covered.  I'm not sure about the frilly black bit.

I prefer Dina in solid jewel tones.

I actually like Ashley in this outfit and for once I like the thin silver belt and clutch purse,

This is fine on Ashley.  I would wear it if I had a figure like hers.

This is too schoolmarmish on a young woman.

I like this dress, it's a pity I can't like Victoria.

I like the colour and fit on Nikki.  I don't like the hanging piece or the bow on the model.  Seems to be the trend on tops these days.

Not sure about the red on red and the blouse cuff hanging out of the jacket sleeve.

Soaprah

Re: Fashion Friday 13th April
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:44:18 PM »
Sharon's brown (?) jacket: cute, but I don't understand what she was wearing underneath it-- a chopped, sleeveless white sweater over a blue polyester camisole and it all appears to be one piece? As I said, I don't get it.

Sharon's date dress: when we go low (on top), we shouldn't go high (on the bottom). Great fit in between though.

Ashley's black blouse: although I don't like the 18th century lace cuffs, otherwise, Ashley looks great. She should wear her hair back more often.

Victoria's zippered jacket: love the colour and the fit.

Nikki's red jacket: the textured fabric lends bulk to Nikki's body, and the horizontal white strips draw your eye acroooooss-- which she does not need.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:44:33 PM by Soaprah »

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 03:14:19 PM »
When Nikki came into the room wearing that black dress, I assumed her date was flying them to Vegas for the evening.  Yowza, that was sexy  :o  and too much for a first date. 

Loved Nikki's royal blue blouse and Ashley navy (?) blouse.  I'd wear both of them.

Loved Dina's red and black shirt/jacket.  So glad they don't dress her younger than her age.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:14:35 PM by DianeM »

SarahTheCat

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 04:10:39 PM »
I like Sharon's brown jacket.  I do not like the shrunken sweaters with shirts hanging out that she so often wears. Wasn't that style like 8 years ago or something? When will she stop wearing that???

Dina looked great.

Ashley looked great in that dark blue blouse, with her hair up. Striped dress, not so much.

Lauren. UGH. So sick of her skin tight clothes. 

I like Mariah's white top with the wavy pattern. It looks good on her. She looks SO MUCH BETTER with a v-neckline than a high round neckline.

Sharon was ridiculously overdressed for a 1st date. If you're going to meet someone online, the first date is usually a quick coffee shop kind of date, so you don't have to endure a painful long evening if you aren't hitting it off. This was not realistic. 

Soaprah

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »
Methinks Sharon's glitzy dress was more for Nick's benefit than anything-- or anyone-- else.
Abby wears too many schoolmarmish looks.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 05:02:34 PM by Soaprah »

Peridot

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 07:45:27 PM »
Friday the 13th--a scary day for fashion!  Phyllis's pink blouse is too sloppy and floppy for my taste.  The black dress, however, is just right.  I'm glad they didn't load Phyllis down with accessories.  She and the dress complement one another.

Sharon's jacket is cute.  I prefer it open as she's wearing it than buttoned up as on the model.  Sharon's blouse below is pretty but looks like it doesn't know what color it wants to be.  Sharon looks great in the dress, although it seems a bit revealing for a first date.  But I suspect the dress was more for Nick's benefit.

Mariah, Lauren, Dina, Ashley, Abby, and Victoria are all merely okay.  They don't look great, they don't look awful.

I love the color of Nikki's blue blouse.  IMO it would look even nicer without the floppy tie.  The red jacket below is not so flattering.  A black jacket matching her pants would set off that red blouse better.

missybug88

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 08:41:18 AM »

I found Phyllis' pink top to be sloppy and distracting. Just glad she finally took off that horrible black pleather thing.

Love Sharon's brown jacket. I agree that the revealing "date dress" was more for Nick's benefit.

Much of Abby's fashion lately is questionable. Why is she being dressed so frumpy? In the above photo it looks as if JT is checking out her backside. :D

wanda

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 09:19:14 AM »
Phyllis' pink top - hideously awful. Nothing I like about it.
Phyllis' dress - Not bad. It fits her well and it is better than some of the one shoulder things she has worn.
Sharon's jacket - I like it.
Sharon's top - I like it too.
Sharon's slinky dress - She looked great in it.
Mariah's flowery top - I like it.
Mariah's other top - I hate it.
Lauren's dress - Waaaayyyy too tight.
Dina's outfit - Nice and classy.
Ashley's belted top - looks nice on ehr.
Ashley's black and white striped dress - looks great on her.
Abby's floral top - It's ok.
Victoria's burgundy top/jacket - Looks nice on her. I like that her hair is pulled back.
Nikki's Blue blouse - looks nice on her.
Nikki's red Jacket - Not a fan. Maybe I'd like it better with a white blouse under it.

DebR

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 12:41:41 PM »
Hands down my favorite is Sharon in that sexy dress.  She walked in with confidence and she owned it. Perfect to get Nick’s attention and she got it!

I liked Phyllis in that off the shoulder dress.

I liked Sharon’s brown jacket.

Dina looked good.

I liked the fit of the black striped dress on Ashley.

The color blue on Nikki’s blouse was so pretty and looked good but on her.

Myra Lester

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 06:56:49 PM »
I didnt like Phyllis's outfit, either. I sometimes get a catalog called Metrostyle in the mail, and I think they have the ugliest clothes. Sometimes they will have something that would maybe be cute if they didnt put this or that onnit, but its usually hideous. 🙂

LeannaLove

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 04:12:26 PM »
It's so unusual to see Phyllis smile (see 1st photo.)  She's usually grimacing or growling at someone with her clenched, bared teeth.