Author Topic: Girl night with Victoria  (Read 548 times)

Peridot

Girl night with Victoria
« on: April 12, 2018, 07:36:15 PM »
Sharon's guest list for the girl night at Victoria's was one bag of mixed nuts alright.  I particularly got a kick out of Phyllis chowing down and talking with her mouth full.  Michelle Stafford's Phyllis used to do this all the time, often while waving a fork around.  Still, once Victoria admitted to being abused by J.T. it was clear this particular group of guests was made to order.  Mariah and Ian Ward, Phyllis and Marco Annicelli, Sharon and exes Frank Barritt, Matt Clark, and Cameron Kirsten--all of these ladies have plenty of experience with abuse.  And let's not forget the veteran among them, Nikki, who has endured decades of Goat mistreatment.  Hopefully they can band together to help Victoria in her hour of need.

SANDY B

Re: Girl night with Victoria
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:36:27 PM »
But the PRE-PARTY "line of the day" was Phyllis.  Am I going to have to carpool with Christine Williams?"    LOL

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 09:42:45 PM »
Phyllis shouldn't even go there with that question... she tried to kill Christine with a car.   Christine wouldn't want to go near a car if Phyllis was within a meter of it.

SANDY B

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:45:15 PM »
I thought the girls night party was cute, but it always seems to me that when they put together a girls or a guys night on soaps that the acting gets a little bit to slappy happy and overacted.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
Yes Sharon, Mariah and Phyllis were just a little too happy!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 11:31:57 PM »
Yeah, they were a bit too happy... I think they were trying a little too hard to be upbeat and make it fun for Victoria.

Miravep

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 09:31:07 AM »
But the PRE-PARTY "line of the day" was Phyllis.  Am I going to have to carpool with Christine Williams?"    LOL

I cracked up too.

The rest of the PRE-party planning was SO overly giddy and cutesy, and trying way too hard to be "funny."  I was bracing for more of that, but actually the party itself wasn't as over-the-top as I expected.  Much better, more natural and believable, than the godawful one at Sharon's house.

DebR

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 01:24:09 PM »
I liked the Girls night party, it was thoughtful of Sharon to arrange it considering...  Mariah was funny as she was tipsy but Phyllis made me laugh.  Who knew she can be quite entertaining when she's not angry?

lawgirl

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 02:14:45 PM »
What was really sad - though true - was that Victoria has no female friends and it was  a bit of a stretch for Sharon to find anyone for her girls' party.  However, when Victoria finally broke down and told them about the abuse, they rallied behind her and gave her the support she will need. 

To me  it was all about female power.  Although the women at Victoria's were in no way friends, they bonded together to give Victoria support.  I hope the writers can see that their characters need friends -- and not lovers!!

DianeM

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
Nikki hasn't had a real friend since Katherine died.  She should try to be a friend to Sharon, since she's the mother of two of her grandchildren.

Capricorn

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 02:46:19 PM »
I'm thinking that Nikki being a friend to Sharon will happen when pigs fly although I can see Sharon trying to befriend Nikki.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:46:30 PM by Capricorn »

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 03:06:47 PM »
I enjoyed Nikki & Sharon's rapport the last time pigs flew - when they ganged up to traipse through GC sewers with Camron Kirsten's corpse.

monkeymome3

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »
Pretty sure they're all going to be best buds with a secret now!  They could just call the cops and tell them it was self defense but they won't cause it's a soap and that would be too easy!  But for women who really have been abused, not playing a part on tv, this is too close to home.  I can only speak for myself when I say that I thought of ways to kill my ex and get away with it, many times, just glad I never acted upon those horrible thoughts.  I wished him dead every day when he rode off to work on his motorcycle.  I've never said that to anyone in my life.  So, there you go.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:07:22 PM by monkeymome3 »

Capricorn

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 06:48:07 PM »
Sometimes it's good to get stuff of one's chest.   My husband has never abused me, he's a gentle soul, however we both took early retirement and I can tell you that 24/7 constantly being in each others space - I've often wished I could just kill him... I told my children this several times. 

Winza

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 07:35:58 PM »
Sometimes it's good to get stuff of one's chest.   My husband has never abused me, he's a gentle soul, however we both took early retirement and I can tell you that 24/7 constantly being in each others space - I've often wished I could just kill him... I told my children this several times.

I did the same thing and occasionally have those same feelings, Capricorn. And we are in a small apartment until our new home is finished, as our old house sold way faster than we expected. Have to keep focusing on the good things about him.

wanda

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 08:31:12 PM »
I'm sure these new found gal pals won't last long. Nick and Sharon will get together and Nikki will once again become Sharon's mother in law from Hell. Billy will be drawn back to Victoria which will put Victoria and Phyllis back at each other's throats.  Then Phyllis will want Nick back so her claws will come out against Sharon. Victoria will think Sharon isn't good enough for her brother.

Peridot

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 02:07:14 PM »
I have no illusions these women will remain friends and start scheduling regular girl nights.  Nikki will be grateful to Phyllis and Sharon for supporting Victoria, but the minute either of them hurts her precious Nicholas all bets will be off.

I'm glad Mariah is friends with Tessa and Devon.  Otherwise it would be pretty sad that she has no one else to hang with than her mother a bunch of other middle-aged women.