Author Topic: Why would Nick turn to Phyllis?  (Read 312 times)

scobe

Why would Nick turn to Phyllis?
« on: April 11, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »
Nick went to Phyllis to discuss his feeling jealous when he learned of Sharon going on a date.  He knows what Phyllis thinks of Sharon and had to know what her reaction would be.  Is she really the only person he has to turn to?  Did he really expect non biased advice from Phyllis?  Sometimes Nick is just dumb and this is a an example of that.

monkeymome3

Re: Why would Nick turn to Phyllis?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:45:06 PM »
I found that unappealing as well.  Phyllis, the woman that broke up her marriage and her almost marriage...........makes no sense.

lawgirl

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:22:34 AM »
The writers are repeating the past and heading towards a love triangle involving Phyllis, Sharon and Nick.  Not particularly original.  This will free Billy to go back to Victoria -- which has always been the end game.

Miravep

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 10:03:13 AM »
I thought that was terrible writing.  It makes no sense for him to ask Phyllis for advice about his crushing on Sharon.  Duh.  It seemed like a poor excuse writing-wise to have Billy get suspicious that Nick was having a secret meeting with Phyllis.

Nick could've talked to Victoria about it. They've had this kind of discussion before and it would be very natural.  In the hospital, he was shocked that Victoria was in Hawaii, so at the very least he could've mentioned that he'd tried to talk to her about something this morning.

Or he could've talked to Michael, his good friend supposedly.  Lauren was on today, so that could have played out nicely.  If the writers wanted to get Phyllis involved, she could've walked in on Nick and Michael at the coffeehouse.

katiesbeach

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 07:11:42 PM »
I don't want Sharon to have to fight Phyllis for Nick's affections again.  And if they do go there, I hope they can write Sharon with a backbone where she very clearly tells Nick that she won't be in that situation again.

And I sooooo don't want to see Billy and Victoria try to reunite again.  I don't think of Billy as the love of her life.  Actually, Ryan was.  Why can't they bring back Scott Reeves as a cousin or relative of Ryan?

Capricorn

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 07:48:15 PM »
I don't mean to be shallow but Scott Reeves is 5' 7"  - Amelia Heinle is 5' 6''  - with her hair and heels Victoria would be at least 5 inches taller than Ryan's cousin.  Heather Tom is almost 5' 7"  but she was a kid/teenager and probably wore flat shoes when Ryan and Victoria were together.

DianeM

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 08:30:42 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Billy and Victoria together again.....IF they would stay together this time.  It would be good for the kids.

SANDY B

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 09:42:46 PM »
I'd much rather see Sharon with Nick than Phyllis with Nick.