Author Topic: Caught between two abusers  (Read 512 times)

Winza

Caught between two abusers
« on: April 11, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »
Obnoxious and ridiculous as she is, you almost have to feel sorry for Victoria.  She's been pushed around her whole life by her father who adores her with one breath and humiliates her with the next over and over.  And now she's married to an insecure angry man who wants to totally control her and make himself feel like a big man by putting her down and isolating her from everyone else in her life.

And her only friend, really, as she told Sharon, is her mother, who has enabled her father's abuse of her all of these years (as well as his abuse of herself).

Boy does this woman need therapy and some really good girlfriends to help her through this.  Sadly, she already has turned off all of the possible women friends she could have in town.  Maybe the therapist she started talking with can help her get through this.  And hopefully JT doesn't go after her now that she's declared she's done with him.

monkeymome3

Re: Caught between two abusers
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 05:05:49 PM »
You are right about abused people, they tend to let it happen more than once.

I do not think for a second JT is going to just walk away.

Soaprah

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:15:31 PM »
The most dangerous time for abused women is when they leave.

jpa777

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 03:34:42 PM »
Victoria needs to take her 500 million, Johnny, Katie, and Reed and leave town for good. Or for at least six months. I don’t hate her but she is being crammed down the viewers throats to the point of no return. They should just rename this show ‘The Amelia Heinle Show’ or ‘The Life and Times of Victoria Newman’. Surprised she’s not shown first in one of the opening credits sequences.
I want her to be safe but if that means never seeing her on screen ever again as long as I live, that would be fine with me!
She’d have been better off with lying cheating gambling Billy...at least he never abused her the way JT has.
Sorry for the rant but I can’t wait until she’s backburned a bit.

Capricorn

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 03:52:57 PM »
I wouldn't mind if Victoria was back burnered forever.   She's a really unlikeable character who has been sucking up way too much air in Genoa City.   I don't feel sorry for her at all, she has used and abused most of the other characters in GC.   Sometimes karma is a bitch!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:55:08 PM by Capricorn »

deirdra

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 04:14:38 PM »
What is curious, is the only time I've thought AH's acting seemed genuine and very realistic was when she was arguing or being abused by JT. In her interactions with Ashley on today's US show and monologues-with-gestures-and-blinking with the girls on tomorrow's US show, her unnatural "acting" is back.  Victoria needs to go on a 6-month vacation to recover.  Ashley is in charge now anyways!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:36:08 PM by deirdra »

pcrchik

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 06:01:29 PM »
it would do us and the show good to back burner vicki for a while after this jt mess clears up.  there are some other stories that seem like they could have some interesting potential.  enough of this story line...i get where they're going, but enough already....let's keep it moving writers!

Maple Leaf

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 09:09:49 AM »
I was never a fan of a Victoria, however I feel the actress did a wonderful job with this storyline.    I’ve enjoyed every minute of it and look forward to seeing how it all pans out.

On the other hand, any story which doesn’t involve Cane or Lily is a bonus for me!

Peridot

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 07:56:29 PM »
And her only friend, really, as she told Sharon, is her mother, who has enabled her father's abuse of her all of these years (as well as his abuse of herself).

When Victoria was unloading I wanted someone, anyone, to address the elephant in the room:  Victor.  Sharon and co. kept pontificating about the evils of abuse and yet no one saw fit to bring up the fact that Victoria--and her mother, her brother, and all the grandkids--have endured decades of TGVN trying to control them.  Nope, it was left to J.T. to voice that truth.  J.T. has been a cad lately but he was right on the money about Victor.  It makes me ill to think that J.T. has paid the price for his rotten behavior, and yet everyone will soon be slobbering all over the Old Goat at his bedside.  A man who has done way worse than J.T. and yet one who always seems to get a pass.  I really dislike selective outrage.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:56:46 PM by Peridot »

wanda

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »
 Victoria and Nikki were talking outside about Nikki and Victor's relationship. Nikki said their relationship was never like Victoria's and JT's. The first thing I thought of is when Victor told Nikki that he wished she was the one in the morgue with a toe tag. Victor has always been emotionally abusive.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:20:08 AM by wanda »

jinx

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 08:26:36 PM »
The camera focused on Nikki a couple of times during that discussion. I wondered if she would speak out about being controlled herself. Maybe she felt it wasn't the time or the place to make it about her. But to me she seemed thoughtful so maybe there's more to come.

Billie

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 09:13:30 AM »
Victoria and Nikki were talking outside about Nikki and Victor's relationship. Nikki said their relationship wad never like Victoria's and JT's. The first thing I thought of is when Victor told Nikki that he wished she was the one in the morgue with a toe tag. Victor has always been emotionally abusive.
That was EXACTLY my first thought as well.  Nikki could use a little more insight -- maybe that will come.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 11:06:56 AM »
I agree 100%.  Victor is emotionally abusive and has been all her life.  He uses his love and approval as a weapon that can be given at withdrawn on a whim.   Right now, he's cutting Nick out because he had the audacity to disapprove of Victors role in Adam's death.  Fortunately, Nick has Victor's number and isn't as impacted by Victor's cold shoulder as Victoria is.   JT is just emotionally abusive in a different way from Victor and his abuse seems to be escalating into physical violence. 

DebR

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 12:22:23 PM »

When Victoria was unloading I wanted someone, anyone, to address the elephant in the room:  Victor.  Sharon and co. kept pontificating about the evils of abuse and yet no one saw fit to bring up the fact that Victoria--and her mother, her brother, and all the grandkids--have endured decades of TGVN trying to control them.  Nope, it was left to J.T. to voice that truth.  J.T. has been a cad lately but he was right on the money about Victor.  It makes me ill to think that J.T. has paid the price for his rotten behavior, and yet everyone will soon be slobbering all over the Old Goat at his bedside.  A man who has done way worse than J.T. and yet one who always seems to get a pass.  I really dislike selective outrage.

Victoria brought up how her father has said and done terrible things to Nikki.  Unfortunately Nikki didn’t really address it.  Maybe she wanted to focus on Victoria.  Nikki thinks because she gives it back to Victor that’s good enough but she has to realize its not.

Capricorn

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 01:40:45 PM »
It will be a surprise if they ever address Victors abuse of Nikki, Nick, Victoria, Adam and all the other characters on Y&R.   

For some unknown reason all of the writers, Bill Bell included are hell bent on having Victor being the hero, stud, leading man of Y&R no matter what he does or how he manipulates and treats other characters.   

Must be nice for Eric Braeden and his blind fans.

Something I know for a fact though is that 90% of cast members and behind the scenes people don't like Braeden, can't stand him.   The other 10% say nothing and suck up to him.   It is my understanding that he has mellowed a tiny bit over the past year.