Author Topic: Helen  (Read 723 times)

DianeM

Helen
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:58:41 PM »
Is she the same actress that we saw earlier?  Nikki sure was bitchy in that scene.  "I am the love of Victor's life....", yet he's boinking a much younger and very pretty brunette.  I imagine he's seeing her to learn about any new cosmetics she's developing.  Doesn't she owe her loyalty to Jack?

Winza

Re: Helen
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 04:07:27 PM »
And wasn't it just laughable when Nikki, after declaring to this young woman that "I am the love of Victor Newman's life," stalks out of the room all stooped forward like a cartoon character out of the room on her ridiculous high heels?  Didn't have quite the effect she was going for with that exit.

Capricorn

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »
It's quite unbelievable that a young good looking woman would want anything to do with Victor sexually... unless it's for money... but of course we know he's a 1,000 year old stud with a super penis and super duper sperm.

The actress is Alyssa London - Miss Alaska 2017.

Capricorn

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 04:16:54 PM »
And wasn't it just laughable when Nikki, after declaring to this young woman that "I am the love of Victor Newman's life," stalks out of the room all stooped forward like a cartoon character out of the room on her ridiculous high heels?  Didn't have quite the effect she was going for with that exit.

Nikki really is a cartoon character now.  The illicit affair with Arturo, the public cat fight with Jill and now her sashayed, stooped exit from the police room.

monkeymome3

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »
The thought of this young woman and Victor in bed just disgusts me and I don't know how anyone as beautiful as she could do it for any other reason than money.  I think Kyle is behind her coming to GC in the first place

Goldilocks

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 05:19:19 PM »
Personally I don't think the old goat and Helen have anything other than a corporate conspirators relationship. He is paying her for insider information on Jabot in preparation for a takeover.

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 05:22:09 PM »
Could be because she's the new chemist that Jack hired for Jabot... but even the suggestion that she's Victor's mistress is icky. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:43:33 PM by Capricorn »

DianeM

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 07:43:15 PM »
I wonder if they checked the gift(s) they said she brought him.  Hopefully, it's nothing Jabot related.

wanda

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 08:30:25 PM »
The nerve of Nikki. It's ok for her to have an affair but she was all hoity toity  to Helen. I think Jack will be cleared. Helen will be fired. Ashley will come back.  Billy will run Jabot because Jack and Kyle aren't blood Abbott's. 

wanda

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 08:57:02 PM »
I can't find the post now,  but somewhere on here I read that an actress posted that she was hired on Y and R and the only showed the back of her head. It would have been the lady in Victor's room last week. So was that Helen or not?

deirdra

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 08:57:53 PM »
Personally I don't think the old goat and Helen have anything other than a corporate conspirators relationship. He is paying her for insider information on Jabot in preparation for a takeover.
I think so too. 

DianeM

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »
Well, Helen is pretty and since he can't get any nooky from Nikki, I can see him using his many charms  :o on Helen to get a little something going.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:01:22 PM by DianeM »

SarahTheCat

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 09:49:24 PM »
I can't find the post now,  but somewhere on here I read that an actress posted that she was hired on Y and R and the only showed the back of her head. It would have been the lady in Victor's room last week. So was that Helen or not?

Yes, I imagine that was Helen, although played by a non-speaking extra for the 2 days where we only saw the back of her head.

DianeM

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 11:03:02 PM »
We saw when Helen came to work at Jabot, but I don't remember if this is the same actress.  Does anyone remember when Jack introduced her?

Evelyn

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 09:30:29 AM »
I find this whole storyline ridiculous.  Why have the writers gone with this aging couple have affairs with people younger than their children.  Nicki was laughable in her conversation with Helen.  And what young attractive woman would want to have sex with victor.  Seriously.

Capricorn

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »
Evelyn it's Mal Young's idea of having a shock and awe or cliffhanger every day.  ::)

This thing with Nikki and Victor with an open marriage and having sexual relationships with people younger than their grandchildren is beyond the pale.  Sick and icky.

Twokeets

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
I'm just hoping that Helen being the Goat's paramour is a cover for something else. Because a beautiful young woman would not hook up with an 80-year old. Of course for money. But otherwise? I am tired of old guys & young women in movies, and I sure would rather not see it on Y&R.

Evelyn

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 10:01:06 AM »
Couldnít agree more Capricorn.  The who thing is icky and I cringe watching it.  If thatís what mal young wants, well he got it.

DianeM

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 10:02:58 AM »
Don't you get it?  He's so charming.  ::)   And he'll buy you the best champagne.

jinx

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 12:01:01 PM »
The nerve of Nikki. It's ok for her to have an affair but she was all hoity toity  to Helen. I think Jack will be cleared. Helen will be fired. Ashley will come back.  Billy will run Jabot because Jack and Kyle aren't blood Abbott's.

I actually hooted with laughter at Nikki, Ms. High and Mighty. Can't have it both ways! Who does she think she is? These two old fools are not interesting in any kind of romantic story and need to be put on the back burner.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 01:20:21 PM »
I agree that this is icky and cringeworthy. I expected better from this group of writers.  The only way I can accept this is if Helen is actually lying to Nikki and Paul, and she is not Victor's lover at all... but she's involved in some underhanded espionage and is being paid by Victor to deliver info on Jabot or to influence things at Jabot in certain ways. The "lover" thing could be a cover story.

Capricorn

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 01:28:21 PM »
Is she the same actress that we saw earlier?  Nikki sure was bitchy in that scene.  "I am the love of Victor's life....", yet he's boinking a much younger and very pretty brunette.  I imagine he's seeing her to learn about any new cosmetics she's developing.  Doesn't she owe her loyalty to Jack?

I am looking at Soaps.com and I'm confused!

Alyssa London, Miss Alaska USA 2017, was the mystery woman seen in Victor's room on Friday April 6th's episode, JT turns off Victor's life support. It turns out the actress was hired for her hair, which could mean we don't see her face, but that she was a stand-in for some other surprise guest on Y&R

But I just noticed that Soaps.com posted this last month: Sitara Hewitt has been cast on Y&R to play business executive Helen Wallace on February 13.

So I'm not sure which one is Helen or if the woman we saw recently is a replacement for the one we saw as Jabot's new chemist last month.

Alyssa London                                  Sitara Hewitt

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:31:13 PM by Capricorn »

SarahTheCat

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »
The Helen that came into Paul's office is the SAME actress that plays the chemist Jack hired a few months ago to replace Ashley, correct?

The mystery woman who was only seen from the back is an EXTRA Y&R hired, probably to save money since the role is non-speaking. They didn't need to pay the higher rates for the woman that plays Helen.

Capricorn

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 01:33:40 PM »
I have no idea if you are correct.  I'm confused.

DianeM

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »
I think Ms. Hewitt is the actress we saw this week.  Could Ms. London be the actress that Jack hired a few weeks ago?

LeannaLove

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 01:51:57 PM »
Please, I beg of you, writers.  Not yet another story line pairing Victor with a woman young enough to be his granddaughter.  You persist on shoving this old man down our throats as some paragon of virility and toughness.

Of course older folks can be attractive, sexy, sexual, all of that.  But both of the affairs -- Victor's and Nikki's -- would be more believable (and not as gross) with attractive people closer to their own age.  I still have images burned into my brain of Grampire and the prison doctor (can't even remember her name) sitting on the edge of the infirmary bed, putting their clothes back on. 

Make it stop.

DebR

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 02:01:38 PM »

The Helen that came into Paul's office is the SAME actress that plays the chemist Jack hired a few months ago to replace Ashley, correct?

The mystery woman who was only seen from the back is an EXTRA Y&R hired, probably to save money since the role is non-speaking. They didn't need to pay the higher rates for the woman that plays Helen.

I read that the mystery woman was hired for her hair.  I read that she was so excited to have great hair in order to get her foot in the door for work on Y&R.  Not sure if she was an Extra but she had to have been. 

You are correct, the actress who plays the chemist is Helen who came into Paul's office and the hospital.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
Ok I am now a bit confused too. So the woman Paul brought in for question is a different actress than the one Jack hired a while back?

I'm going to go dig a bit.  I'm confident though that the one who posted on social media that she was being shown from the back for 2 days is JUST AN EXTRA.

EDITED: I should learn to slow down and read. Sitara Hewitt debuted as Helen on Feb 13... so, she'd be the one we saw Jack hire as a chemist.    She looks to me like the same actress Paul brought in for questioning.

The other woman is just a 2-day "back of the head" extra, probably portraying Helen in a money-saving way.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:18:42 PM by SarahTheCat »

DebR

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 02:20:26 PM »
I think the woman who plays the chemist is the same actress. 

DianeM

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 02:49:30 PM »
I feel like I'm in a "Who's on first?" scene.  If Ms. Hewitt is the same actress that we met in February, why would they hire a different actress just for the back of her head?  Why was that necessary when Ms. Hewitt has lovely long black hair?

SarahTheCat

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
I feel like I'm in a "Who's on first?" scene.  If Ms. Hewitt is the same actress that we met in February, why would they hire a different actress just for the back of her head?  Why was that necessary when Ms. Hewitt has lovely long black hair?

To save money, because an extra with a non-speaking role is less expensive. Or because the actress playing Helen wasn't available?

Or, specifically to create intrigue.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:46:44 PM by SarahTheCat »

Capricorn

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 05:02:46 PM »
Maybe thing 2 or thing 3.   I can't imagine that the difference in the money for two days would matter that much.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 05:20:52 PM »
Maybe thing 2 or thing 3.   I can't imagine that the difference in the money for two days would matter that much.

Maybe not. I don't know, really. I should ask my brother how much his rate increased when he went from being an extra, to having to join the Screen Actors Guild when they decided he should interact with one of the actors.

It certainly generated a lot of intrigue for us... we guessed for days who she could be.

pcrchik

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 06:04:35 PM »
I find this whole storyline ridiculous.  Why have the writers gone with this aging couple have affairs with people younger than their children.  Nicki was laughable in her conversation with Helen.  And what young attractive woman would want to have sex with victor.  Seriously.

;D ;D ;D

Peridot

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 07:23:25 PM »

Bingo.  I'm sure lots of younger men would find Nikki attractive but she's boinking a guy the same age as her own grandson.  The Ick Factor here is huge.

Asking us to believe that Helen would willingly bed a man of Victor's age and reputation is beyond laughable.  If it weren't for Victor's big, fat wallet the only females he'd attract would be the bedridden ones down at the Shady Rest.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:23:52 PM by Peridot »

Maple Leaf

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 09:39:59 PM »
Whatís wrong with these people that they canít have a fling with someone closer to their own age? 

... and by closer I mean less than 50 years their junior!

SarahTheCat

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2018, 11:39:28 PM »

Asking us to believe that Helen would willingly bed a man of Victor's age and reputation is beyond laughable. 

I just can't believe it. I'm hoping it's a cover story because she's really his mole at Jabot. That would be way more believable.

Soaprah

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2018, 12:47:43 PM »
I'm sure EB is loving this May-December (of the next year!) hook-up. He has powerful influence over the story lines. Remember how he insisted that he and Sharon get together, and how Sharon Case hated it?

pjones

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2018, 09:11:45 PM »

Bingo.  I'm sure lots of younger men would find Nikki attractive but she's boinking a guy the same age as her own grandson.  The Ick Factor here is huge.

Asking us to believe that Helen would willingly bed a man of Victor's age and reputation is beyond laughable.  If it weren't for Victor's big, fat wallet the only females he'd attract would be the bedridden ones down at the Shady Rest.
You are so right Peridot! All the ones who have outlived their spouse and male residents at the Shady Rest.