Author Topic: Minor Stroke?  (Read 545 times)

stpauliegirl

Minor Stroke?
« on: April 11, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »
I know people who have had minor strokes, and not so minor strokes.  They have been able to speak afterwards.  Treatment for strokes has really improved and if they are treated soon after they occur, people often are able to recover quickly.  My guess is that Victor's other injuries are contributing to his inability to speak.

Twokeets

Re: Minor Stroke?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 12:11:42 PM »
I was hoping he would write down the letters "JT" on a piece of paper. But apparently he can't use his hand either. If it's a stroke, it sounds pretty serious.

DianeM

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 01:00:05 PM »
So glad they didn't write another amnesia story.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 01:41:37 PM »
Maybe he's supposed to speak, but he doesn't have his computer or office files in front of him to remind him of his lines.

LeannaLove

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 02:03:24 PM »
Anyone else think maybe the Goat is faking it and really is able to talk?  And he's just been listening in and biding his time until he exacts his revenge?  It wouldn't really be a stretch for the way this character is written, he is omnipotent after all.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 02:06:35 PM »
Anyone else think maybe the Goat is faking it and really is able to talk?  And he's just been listening in and biding his time until he exacts his revenge?  It wouldn't really be a stretch for the way this character is written, he is omnipotent after all.

It's a soap, so there's a good chance he's faking it. But he couldn't have been faking the coma, septic poisoning and the minor stroke - he'd probably have some after effects from all that. So, I don't think he's faking it - yet. But maybe when he's had more time to recover, and yet, seemingly, does NOT recover, and the doctors are baffled... then he'll be faking it.

Capricorn

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 02:07:47 PM »

No, I don't think he's faking and I am probably the biggest Victor hater.   Have you watched today's US (April 11th) show?

LeannaLove

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 02:08:51 PM »
not yet, will do so tonight Cap.

Maple Leaf

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 02:35:52 PM »
For the first time in, probably, forever, Victor is helpless.  It's a new emotion for him.

Winza

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 04:09:29 PM »

No, I don't think he's faking and I am probably the biggest Victor hater.   Have you watched today's US (April 11th) show?

I agree.  And isn't it touching how well his family is paying attention to him.  He actually had emotion on his face -- he was so visibly upset trying to communicate something to them and neither the "love of his life" or "Myson" were paying any attention.  Almost felt sorry for the old villain.

DianeM

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
I don't think EB is a very good actor, but in this story line he's doing a good job of looking and acting ill, right down to the shaky finger and rheumy eyes. 

monkeymome3

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 05:06:25 PM »
I was just saying this to my mom, how can they not see the pain in his face?  I do not like EB or Victor but he is doing a great job

Ricky

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 05:50:23 PM »

He looks so much like my dying daddy did a couple of years ago, sometimes it's hard for me to watch him. 

pcrchik

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 06:58:29 PM »
Maybe he's supposed to speak, but he doesn't have his computer or office files in front of him to remind him of his lines.

;D ;D ;D

Peridot

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 07:27:57 PM »

He looks so much like my dying daddy did a couple of years ago, sometimes it's hard for me to watch him.

Same here.  I have to give the writers credit, they're allowing Victor to appear helpless for maybe the first time ever.  I almost feel sorry for the guy.   ;)

Maple Leaf

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 09:36:18 PM »
This is actually the best acting Iíve ever seen him do!

jinx

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 09:41:47 PM »
Since he managed to write JT, apparently his mind is clear. I can't believe nobody thought to ask him again who did this to him. He would have responded with his quivering finger aimed at it.

franniep51

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 07:19:32 PM »
It depends where in the brain the stroke occurred.  It could affect speech, muscle movement, etc. An acquaintance of mine had a minor stroke a few months ago.  She was affected on one side of her body, particularly her arm.  For a while all she could say was jumbled words, they call that "word salad."  She has since recovered. Many times after a mini-stroke there is short term memory loss as well. 

What I found annoying was the chattering Nick did while in Victor's room.  If he would have paused he would have seen sooner that Victor was trying to communicate.

Twokeets

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 08:01:55 PM »
And Nick was saying a lot of upsetting things--things Victor would have no way of dealing with or talking about. Chelsea's squirrel chatter must have rubbed off on him.